watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dieumerci Mbokani

Started by The Equalizer, June 09, 2010, 09:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285051/Fulham-close-8m-Standard-Liege-striker-Dieumerci-Mbokani.html

Here is one rumour that I'm getting excited about. This chap looks like one heck of a decent striker. He's young, he's strong and he seems very hungry to prove a point in England.

2007-2010 - Standard Liege - Apps 79 - Goals 34

It seems that were were linked with him last year too:

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/fulham-plan-5m-bid-for-dieumerci-mbokani/2145/

Now, I love the way that Bobby Z has played this year. He's been quite a revelation. But when he gets injured, like he was for the last few games of the season, we were really found lacking up front. Obviously Demps and Gera are fantastic players, but we need to get a proven goalscorer as backup, or even a partner for Bobby.

What are your thoughts on this young and exciting looking player?

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom

I hope we sign him up! I think it would be a great move and further shows that Roy is coming back.  :54:
Fulham for life!

CorkedHat

Thank God Mbokani - yeah right!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Mr Fulham

http://www.voetbalkrant.com/...fulham-is-de-ideale-oplossing

Bottom Line: Mbokani confirms an 8m-offer has been made by Fulham. He says that he would love to join the club.

"Fulham is the ideal solution"

White Noise

Thanks for that Mr Fulham. Exciting stuff!

How quick is the lad? He looks quicker than anyone we have currently got?

The Equalizer

More from that Dutch looking article:

Mbokani: "Fulham is the perfect solution"
Dieumerci Mbokani state interest in Fulham. The losing
Sat Europa League finalist earlier this week around the table with
Standard, we would not confirm that the Liege club. The striker himself sees
Fulham are already on an adventure.
06.09.2010 5:09 | 7 comments | read 1825x
"Tuesday I'm back in Belgium," says Mbokani from Congo. "Fulham?
I know that they are interested and it seems to me an excellent
solution. Hatching in the Premier League and participate in the Europe
League: more need for me to be. "

"That I do not know about the steps of Standard? Luciano (D'Onofrio,
red) had promised to cooperate in a transfer, ensures the
HLN attacker. "It would be great if I could blame him that he
his promises. On the contrary. If everything falls into the fold soon, will
I thank him. "

Meanwhile, also became known that AS Roma last week a bid
released in the Standard. The Romans would count down to eight million
Mbokani, but that bid was labeled as insufficient by the Liege
club.

(translated by Google... from http://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2010-06-09/mbokani-fulham-is-de-ideale-oplossing)
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on June 09, 2010, 10:55:27 AM
Thanks for that Mr Fulham. Exciting stuff!

How quick is the lad? He looks quicker than anyone we have currently got?

Mbokani is definitely one of the hottest striking prospects in Europe. Quick, has the "killer instinct", and a fantastic technique.

I think AJ is a bit faster, but I think that our striking force could be quite threatening next season - AJ, Mbokani and Zamora.

Yehaw! :dft003:

Here's his career's performance data:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dieumerci-mbokani/leistungsdaten/spieler_44624.html

White Noise

Good stuff Mr Fulham, thanks.

I like the sound of him 'Hatching' in The Premier League but don't nobody tell him we are out of the Europa!!! :001:

AlFayedsChequebook

Looks good, but until he signs I will not get too excited.

Only 10 goals in all competitions though last year.... for £8m some will be expecting more.

Airfix

Some will know that I am good friends with a guy in Brussels who came to see his first Fulham game (Atletico Madrid - what a baptism of fire!) and is now a confirmed FFC fan.  I thought I'd get a scouting report from him...

"Fairly good striker, a bit selfish but he is too full of himself. If he doesn't feel appreciated or if he doesn't feel like playing, he will underperform. If he wants to show his skill, he is an absolute magnificent player... unfortunately, in the last season he didn't really feel like it and he was plain weak.

"If you would ask me: NO. Fulham needs a team player who is performing constantly, not a selfish bastard who ruins the atmosphere."

Ah!  Are we sure?

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Airfix on June 09, 2010, 11:48:07 AM
Some will know that I am good friends with a guy in Brussels who came to see his first Fulham game (Atletico Madrid - what a baptism of fire!) and is now a confirmed FFC fan.  I thought I'd get a scouting report from him...

"Fairly good striker, a bit selfish but he is too full of himself. If he doesn't feel appreciated or if he doesn't feel like playing, he will underperform. If he wants to show his skill, he is an absolute magnificent player... unfortunately, in the last season he didn't really feel like it and he was plain weak.

"If you would ask me: NO. Fulham needs a team player who is performing constantly, not a selfish bastard who ruins the atmosphere."

Ah!  Are we sure?

If there's anyone who can change that, it's Roy. Roy won't stand for any nonsense like that, particularly if he's bought him for around £8 million. There may be some great managers out there, but if there's one man I'd like this bloke to be managed by it's Mr. Hodgson. At Fulham there are no egos, and when this bloke realises that, and let's bare in mind he is still only 24, he will see that that sort of stuff isn't tolerated at Fulham and is particularly loathed by Hodgson. I don't see that being a problem, and can really see Roy getting the very best out of him.

Lighthouse

Sounds a bit like a poor mans Kamara.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 09, 2010, 12:00:27 PM
Sounds a bit like a poor mans Kamara.

Kamara is a poor man's Kamara - we don't need another one! :dft005:

FFCBadger

I think Brede summed it up perfectly - Roy won't stand for poor attitude, 'egos' such as Bullard and Kamara have already been shipped out, and I would expect anyone who steps out of line too follow.

Anyway, If true, it's nice to see the club showing some ambition, Mbokani is undoubtedly a player of fantastic potential, and working under Roy can only improve him as a player.

Also, with the job Roy's done with us over the past few seasons, he certainly deserves some cash to spend in order to work with these 'high-calibre' players.

sipwell

I am the Belgian whom Airfix mentions. I would say that 8 million euros is too much for a player like Mbokani. If you look at his stats, you'll see that he performed extremely well when he went from Anderlecht to Standard: the reason for that is that he was so frustrated he wasn't always in A-team of Anderlecht, he broke his contract and moved to Liège where he was allowed to play in the A-team: he scored a lot because basically he was a frustrated, angry young man (and Standard was playing superbly itself, winning its first Championship in 25 years).
His performance this year was just plain weak: in Europa League games he occasionally played brilliant, but in the Belgian competition his co-attackers had to use a broom half of the time (to get him moving). If I had 8 million euros to spend, I would surely look elsewhere. 
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

WhiteJC

Quote from: sipwell on June 09, 2010, 12:26:59 PM
I am the Belgian whom Airfix mentions. I would say that 8 million euros is too much for a player like Mbokani. If you look at his stats, you'll see that he performed extremely well when he went from Anderlecht to Standard: the reason for that is that he was so frustrated he wasn't always in A-team of Anderlecht, he broke his contract and moved to Liège where he was allowed to play in the A-team: he scored a lot because basically he was a frustrated, angry young man (and Standard was playing superbly itself, winning its first Championship in 25 years).
His performance this year was just plain weak: in Europa League games he occasionally played brilliant, but in the Belgian competition his co-attackers had to use a broom half of the time (to get him moving). If I had 8 million euros to spend, I would surely look elsewhere. 

welcome sipwell

I hope he's not another Collins John

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on June 09, 2010, 12:26:59 PM

Welcome to the board!

As for Mbokani, If he moved to get first team football I cant really blame him. I dont think he can be like Collins John because he seems ambitious.
I will wait and see what develops with interest

The Equalizer

Cheers for the analysis Sipwell. It sounds like he could be another doozy, but I'd love to see what Uncle Roy can do with him.

Good meeting you on the Hamburg trip by the way mate. I hope you had a good time!

Tom

sipwell

If I had 8 million euros to spend, I would most certainly buy El Hamdaoui. He scores 20 to 25 goals every season and AZ Alkmaar is financially in rough waters (since the president's bank went bankrupt).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mounir-el-hamdaoui/leistungsdaten/spieler_21490.html

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 09, 2010, 12:34:23 PM
Cheers for the analysis Sipwell. It sounds like he could be another doozy, but I'd love to see what Uncle Roy can do with him.

Good meeting you on the Hamburg trip by the way mate. I hope you had a good time!

Tom

I most certainly did. With all the stories I created a Fulham fan club in Belgium. Everybody is lining up to come to Craven Cottage ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

wadey

errrr, why have we started a new post on this subject when i posted the link last night?????????...crazy