more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dieumerci Mbokani

Started by The Equalizer, June 09, 2010, 09:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Quote from: wadey on June 09, 2010, 12:42:47 PM
errrr, why have we started a new post on this subject when i posted the link last night?????????...crazy

Its your cryptic thread titles wadey. 'Just in' sounds like you are letting us know that you are back from walking the dog. Either that or an update on your sex life!?! :027:

For completeness here is said thread -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=3957.0

The Equalizer

errrr, why have we started a new post on this subject when i posted the link last night?????????...crazy

I didn't have my glasses on when I posted this... plus I was ignoring you.  :dft012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

wadey

Quote from: White Noise on June 09, 2010, 12:50:11 PM

Its your cryptic thread titles wadey. 'Just in' sounds like you are letting us know that you are back from walking the dog. Either that or an update on your sex life!?! :027:

For completeness here is said thread -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=3957.0
......................WN...please dont mix me up with fat fred.....and EQ...top answer :doh:

chez

Wadey....ignored..... never  :dft011:

I'm trying to work out how to pronounce the guys name, don't think there be many chants ringing round the hammy end if we do sign him.

Huge

Quote from: chez on June 09, 2010, 01:25:57 PM
Wadey....ignored..... never  :dft011:

I'm trying to work out how to pronounce the guys name, don't think there be many chants ringing round the hammy end if we do sign him.

Possibly something to the tune of Mmmbop by Hanson
or for his first name something to the tune of Mercy by Duffy. Just some early thoughts
The Dude abides

LRCN

long way to go lads. Would be a strange signing though. Mbokani, AJ and Zamora? you can't fit 3 into 2, not to mention gera. roy likes bobby and AJ so where does mbokani come in? Is he expecting one to go? not to mention mbokani looks like a massive flair player. hmmm, I'd like to see him here anyway, and it's nice to spend the money too.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lork on June 09, 2010, 04:47:55 PM
long way to go lads. Would be a strange signing though. Mbokani, AJ and Zamora? you can't fit 3 into 2, not to mention gera. roy likes bobby and AJ so where does mbokani come in? Is he expecting one to go? not to mention mbokani looks like a massive flair player. hmmm, I'd like to see him here anyway, and it's nice to spend the money too.

It just gives Fulham lots of options up front. I have a feeling that AJ might have fallen down the pecking order, or Mbokani will be an impact sub.

The idea that he is a flair player and therefore it is odd that Roy would sign him is a red herring: Gera, Dempsey, Duff, Murphy and Davies all have flair and they have made the team what it is.

The real person who is likely to suffer is Gera. I dont know where Roy will play him IF this move comes off because he is not centre mid material and seems to get lost on the wings. Who knows.

Brede Butter Pudding

I was wondering that. To be honest, excluding Gera our striking force would be Zamora, Mbokani and Johnson. I presume his arrival means the departure of Kamara and possibly Eddie Johnson. I think this will mean that Gera may be played more centrally, maybe as a back up for Murphy or as a winger, but I can see Gera being a sub player, a sort of Nevland character, because in reality he's not going to get in ahead of Duff, Davies, Zamora or a £10 million and £8 million strike pair. Also, I reckon AJ will be spending a good bit of time on the bench as he gets his sharpness and fitness back. I reckon we'll start the season with Bobby and Mbokani up front with AJ coming on. That said, maybe Roy's had a brain wave and has decided he's had enough of defending and is going to employ an attacking 4-3-3 formation, with a midfield of Etuhu, Duff and Dempsey and a strike force of Zamora, Johnson and Mbokani. Bloody hell I'm getting too carried away. Even so, it will be interesting to see how he fits in. But, like you say, still a long way to go.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 09, 2010, 04:55:11 PM

I was wondering that. To be honest, excluding Gera our striking force would be Zamora, Mbokani and Johnson. I presume his arrival means the departure of Kamara and possibly Eddie Johnson. I think this will mean that Gera may be played more centrally, maybe as a back up for Murphy or as a winger, but I can see Gera being a sub player, a sort of Nevland character, because in reality he's not going to get in ahead of Duff, Davies, Zamora or a £10 million and £8 million strike pair. Also, I reckon AJ will be spending a good bit of time on the bench as he gets his sharpness and fitness back. I reckon we'll start the season with Bobby and Mbokani up front with AJ coming on. That said, maybe Roy's had a brain wave and has decided he's had enough of defending and is going to employ an attacking 4-3-3 formation, with a midfield of Etuhu, Duff and Dempsey and a strike force of Zamora, Johnson and Mbokani. Bloody hell I'm getting too carried away. Even so, it will be interesting to see how he fits in. But, like you say, still a long way to go.

4-3-3 would be great, Etuhu as the Destroyer/Ball Winner, Duff as the pivotal Murphyesque playmaker and Dempsey linking with the attack!

Unfortunately I cant see a change in formation, Roy is a 4-4-2 man.

Lighthouse

Actuslly Roy is 4 5 1 man. But with another forward (not sure if this is the one) would help to change his formation. Before talk of Roy leaving I said that we will pay big money for a forward. Point is if this is true it is less likely that Roy will go.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brede Butter Pudding

The only slightly worrying thing is that Everton, Wet Spam and Brum are all said to be interested, and you can guarantee that the latter two would be willing to pipe in at the last minute to try and disrupt this one. Although it looks promising and he has stated that Fulham is his chosen destination, I'm going to keep my feet on the ground until this one's done and finalised.

flirpit

Dieumerci Mbokani 2008 - 2009

wooo-woah wooo-woah!! mmmmbokani mmmbokani!!
@garthurabbott

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 09, 2010, 09:35:42 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285051/Fulham-close-8m-Standard-Liege-striker-Dieumerci-Mbokani.html

Here is one rumour that I'm getting excited about. This chap looks like one heck of a decent striker. He's young, he's strong and he seems very hungry to prove a point in England.

2007-2010 - Standard Liege - Apps 79 - Goals 34

It seems that were were linked with him last year too:

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/fulham-plan-5m-bid-for-dieumerci-mbokani/2145/

Now, I love the way that Bobby Z has played this year. He's been quite a revelation. But when he gets injured, like he was for the last few games of the season, we were really found lacking up front. Obviously Demps and Gera are fantastic players, but we need to get a proven goalscorer as backup, or even a partner for Bobby.

What are your thoughts on this young and exciting looking player?

How about Andy Johnson...

Admin

Quote from: flirpit on June 09, 2010, 06:10:28 PM
Dieumerci Mbokani 2008 - 2009

Okaka also looked good on Youtube and turned out to be an over weight, over rated player who couldn't handle the pace of the Premiership.

Brede Butter Pudding

Okaka was 20 years old and sitting on the bench at Roma having hardly played a game for them all season. Not only that but he hadn't represented his nation at the most senior level. Mbokani is playing in a league of a similar standard, maybe slightly worse, than the one Okaka was from, and he's of a more athletic build and has an excellent games to goals ratio. Have some faith in Roy, he wasn't willing to splash £8m on Okaka but he is with this bloke and if Roy's doing it then I'm happy

sipwell

Again, this is the 2008-2009 season. Then he was motivated. This year he wasn't. And he played awful, selfish and didn't get along with his team mates (actually the reason why he never played for Anderlecht: he didn't get along with his team mates. He thought he was the son of God)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: sipwell on June 09, 2010, 09:05:02 PM

Again, this is the 2008-2009 season. Then he was motivated. This year he wasn't. And he played awful, selfish and didn't get along with his team mates (actually the reason why he never played for Anderlecht: he didn't get along with his team mates. He thought he was the son of God)

Roy Hodgson is a different man to anyone he has worked with before? At Fulham there will be no big ego, Roy will see to that.

White Noise

Looks like a deal may be close. The Standard top dogs were in town on Tuesday night to discuss it -

http://www.football.co.uk/everton/everton_fc_sign_joao_silva_but_may_miss_out_on_dieumerci_mbokani_rss841413.shtml

Everton FC sign Joao Silva but may miss out on Dieumerci Mbokani

10 Jun 2010 - 07:00:00

EVERTON have completed the signing of highly-rated Portugese striker Joao Silva - but could miss out on another of their summer targets.
The club have tied up a deal for the 20-year-old forward for an undisclosed fee from Portuguese side Desportivo Das Aves.

But another player David Moyes has been monitoring, Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani is in talks over a move to Fulham.

Blues officials flew to Portugal this week to conclude the Silva deal, and the talented youngster has penned a three-year contract.

The 6'2" forward scored 14 goals in 32 appearances for Aves last term, which was his first season since graduating to the professional ranks, and became the second top scorer in the Liga Vitalis, Portugal's second tier.

He will now move to Merseyside before linking up with the Everton squad for next month's pre-season tour of Australia.

However, Congo international striker Mbokani has stated his interest in moving to West London. Standard director Pierre Francois and CEO Luciano D'Onofrio were in the capital on Tuesday to discuss an £8m deal with Fulham owner Mohammed Al Fayed, as West Ham and Blackburn were also rumoured to be interested.

sipwell

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on June 09, 2010, 09:10:31 PM

Roy Hodgson is a different man to anyone he has worked with before? At Fulham there will be no big ego, Roy will see to that.

He already worked with Michel Preudhomme (somewhat a similar profile to RH) and that was his most succesful period. However, as far as I know, Mbokani doesn't speak a word of English, being raised in Congo and going from one French speaking club to another: there hasn't been a need for him to learn English. You would be surprised how many young French speakers don't understand a word of English! So Roy may kick his ego-problems out, but he'll have to do it in french ;-)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!