Main Menu

if Roy leaves who will replace him ???

Started by tingtawng, June 09, 2010, 08:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

IN SVEN VE TVUST

Fulham_Adam

My number one choice would be Sven.

Mark Hughes has also been rumoured aswell.
The past is told by those who win.

Tom

I would take Mark Hughes. But it's not going to happen, so im not worried about it.
Fulham for life!

Whiteroom

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 10, 2010, 02:23:03 AM
Don't worry, He is not going!
truth is Mr Room,I am getting worried,a little :001:

Tom

Fulham for life!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Fulham_Adam on June 09, 2010, 09:42:24 PM
My number one choice would be Sven.

Mark Hughes has also been rumoured aswell.

Sven? Eh? He'd do a reasonable job before leaving and demanding a £15million payout. Keep him the hell away from Fulham.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

Most of us probably know next to nothing about foreign coaches who haven't managed in England or aren't so well known as to be unavailable to us.

I want Roy to stay but it seems to me that in a sense he's done his job at Fulham and it might be that feeling that makes him leave.

We are now (thanks to him) an organised, tough, well disciplined mid table unit.

There's no reason for that to change provided we don't appoint someone who doesn't understand Roy's legacy. It would take time but that's what happened when Coleman replaced Tigana. Gradually the Tigana sciences and principles were unlearned and the team deteriorated.

If Roy goes what matters is that his replacement essentially is a signed up member to his principles of management and coaching. Whether that's someone I've never heard of or a Jol or Houllier is unimportant.

The big mistake would be to appoint someone who does things differently.

The Equalizer

Tony, that's the big problem. It's like moving into a new house. The previous owners spend a lot of money on decorating the place and bringing it up to a decent value. But when you move in your wife, although taken with the decor at first, decides that she wants to rip it all out and do it to her own tastes.

I believe that most managers, when moving to a new club, will try to bring in the players that they have worked with, they know and they trust. It's worked wonders for us with Uncle Roy, but at the same time it crippled us with Sanchez.

I'd love to see a 'blank canvas' manager come in and build on a great system. Perhaps someone like Roberto Martinez who I believe is a fantastic young manager. Instead of someone with a massive ego, we need someone who won't try and fix what isn't broke!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

Your last sentence absolutely sums it up. I hope the Board is wise enough to understand that.

Lighthouse

Which is why you don't want a big name but a manager who has yet to prove himself at the highest level with support from Lewington.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

People who haven't proved themselves frequently feel the need to try.

We'd need someone with experience and an open mind. Who'd come in and assess what's good and works and seek to build on that rather than feel the need to impose their own methods and authority.

Ideally someone who comes with a philosophy similar to Hodgsons.

AlFayedsChequebook

Here is a perfect candidate:

Vahid Halilhodžić

He is 57 years old and is the former coach of the ivory coast (fired for political reasons). He is an elder statesman of the game like roy, is available and would continue with a good philosophy for the club.

His achievements are impressive as well, took Lille from the second division to the champs league in 4 years and helped Rennes stay in the league when faced with severe relegation trouble. Led Paris St Germain to a French Cup win and the most successful period in their recent history and turned the Ivory coast into a legitimate threat before a freak goal against Algeria got him fired.

Would love to see him at Fulham!