watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Update on Streaming Petition

Started by MayoDomo, July 08, 2014, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoDomo

I've seen a couple threads asking for updates on the streaming petition so I decided to create a definitive one here. We're now up to 1200 signatures, which is an accomplishment in itself! Sarah Brookes has responded and I e-mailed the club at inquiries and got a similar response.

Essentially they are looking into other possibilities. (What this means, I'm not sure, possibly a delayed stream, extended highlights, etc.) But what we have confirmed is that live streaming is not possible due to rules and regulations. All I have to say is sit tight, and hope that they come through on their end and give us some sort of announcement soon.

Once again I'd like to thank everyone for their contribution! For those of you that know what Reddit is, we hit #2 on r/soccer. Let's hope there's more news soon!

-MayoDomo

EDIT: The link is below for anyone interested.

https://www.change.org/petitions/fulham-football-club-stream-championship-games
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

jj____

crazycottager

Thank you so much mayo, it means a lot to a canadian across the atlantic. I really appreciate it

Hong Kong Fulham fan

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

THank you, it would be wonderful to continue watching Fulham in Virginia.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MayoDomo

No worries guys! I'm in the US myself so this response comes from my own desire to see them play. :) I'm optimistic about the situation.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Captain Fulhamerica

Love this idea. Don't know why this would be against regulation. I would be willing to pay for access to the streaming service. I watch games, they make money. Everyone wins.

bigglesfc

Hopeful news for those of us that live abroad. :airfix:

FulhamBoston

Thanks for the update.  A bit discouraged we haven't heard anything yet, but hopeful.

SouthfieldWhite

Fair play for doing a petition, but not sure why you need one when the club have already said they are looking into how they can do it.

There is restrictions why they can't stream games live, but I do know they are looking into doing a delayed stream.

We have built up a strong overseas fan base and the club won't want to lose that

RaySmith

Thanks Mayo-great if the club manages to do something.

I signed the petition, and hope that anything the club puts in place is available here in the UK.

Putney

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2014, 08:00:08 AM
Fair play for doing a petition, but not sure why you need one when the club have already said they are looking into how they can do it.

There is restrictions why they can't stream games live, but I do know they are looking into doing a delayed stream.

We have built up a strong overseas fan base and the club won't want to lose that

If anything then the petition would be seen as a list of support and used as evidence that there is a demand amongst fans/consumers.

The Enclosurite

Call me cynical but... This will no doubt come with a subscription fee.  The money men will see the demand is there and pounce on it.
¡COYW!

Deanothefulhamfan

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this petition...

I really hope we have GJ next season if we are not able to stream, does anyone know if he will still be doing his weekly commentary?

rusty shackleford

Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 09, 2014, 10:12:59 AM
Call me cynical but... This will no doubt come with a subscription fee.  The money men will see the demand is there and pounce on it.

I dont see the problem

Andy S

A petition is about keeping the pressure on. It isn't the clubs fault, as it is the league that dictate the rules as it is their product. However every year three clubs come down from the prem and all of these are affected by less exposure in all directions. So the fans need to put pressure on the clubs and the clubs put pressure on the league. The internet although free to use is at the moment uncharted waters for making money in this direction. I believe that people may well have to pay to watch. It is then their option as to whether they do or not.
It isn't as easy for people in the uk as they deem that they can get to the game. But again this is now who knows what the future holds. It seems a shame that older people who become infirm are restricted from watching matches when the technology exists to make this possible. Good luck to all of you trying to get the games streamed as you are trying to change a mindset as much as anything else.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Putney on July 09, 2014, 10:10:05 AM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2014, 08:00:08 AM

If anything then the petition would be seen as a list of support and used as evidence that there is a demand amongst fans/consumers.

My point, although agree wasn't that clear, is the club now knows there's alot of support and have agred to seriously look into it, so surely job done and no need for the petition any more, not taking away the good job the petition has done

Putney

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2014, 10:44:19 AM

My point, although agree wasn't that clear, is the club now knows there's alot of support and have agred to seriously look into it, so surely job done and no need for the petition any more, not taking away the good job the petition has done

Agreeing to look into it doesn't mean much, we don't know what stage the club are at. They're going to need to pitch it and a 1000-strong petition/letter of support which was created not by them, but by a primary stakeholder, does nothing but help. I think you're getting too hung up on it being a petition per se.

MayoDomo

To clarify, the petition was made as a means of showing the mass amount of people interested in some sort or service. By doing this we have given the administration proof that a large number of us want some sort of broadcasting.

samffc1879

I live in Cincinnati, OH, and i remember posts on here about the petition to get the the championship games streamed over here. How is it coming along? has the club said anything?

Any info would be great, thanks!