watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What did people think of Holland?

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, June 14, 2010, 03:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

For me they looked poor in the first half but looked much better once Elia had given them some pace and width.

Thoughts?

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Tom on June 14, 2010, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on June 14, 2010, 03:21:16 PM
Who gives a sh1t?
+1

Two enlightened responses from the fulham faithful. I personally give a sh1t, since I enjoy football rather than just moaning incessently about Fulham.
Holland might actually become relevant (to you) if they play England.

I guess it was one of you two who sent the following letter the the daily mail?

WhiteJC

I didn't think that they were a patch on previous Dutch teams and the score flatters them.

Are England good enough to beat them? not sure but I'd prefer to play the Dutch rather than the Germans

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 14, 2010, 03:57:36 PM
I didn't think that they were a patch on previous Dutch teams and the score flatters them.

Are England good enough to beat them? not sure but I'd prefer to play the Dutch rather than the Germans
Someone told us (Aussies) that the Germans are notoriously slow starters. Glad we didn't play them once they'd got going !  :002:

LBNo11

...it may be an idea to 'give a monkeys', after all, some of the players in the world cup may end up playing for Fulham..!

:030:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDon

Lighthouse

Thought they were very poor. Denmark were very poor. Like watching England. The only team to come close is Germany. See how Italy play but so far Braziland Spain remain my bets
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LRCN

movement upfront was poor, passing was slow, missed robben much much more than they should, defensively uncertain and could (should?) have been one or two down at half time. it wasn't until denmark started pushing for the equalizer they found space. disappointed in them but denmark impressed.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2010, 05:33:14 PM
Thought they were very poor. Denmark were very poor. Like watching England. The only team to come close is Germany. See how Italy play but so far Braziland Spain remain my bets
Which group are Braziland in ? Have FIFA taken pity on the Kiwis and merged them with Brazil ?  :011:

The Equalizer

Quote from: TheDon on June 14, 2010, 05:11:47 PM
i found holland a bit flat

Their defense was full of holes and the midfielders spent all their time windmilling around.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

I think they got all clogged up and spent too much time getting up from below sea level
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

The Dutch looked as if they had had a finger in a dyke all night.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

GoldCoastWhite

Hard to get any real movement when you have your finger stuck in a dyke....OK, I'll get my coat. :022:

WhiteJC

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2010, 06:06:06 PM

about time someone got their own back for that dreadful cockney accent he tried in Mary Poppins

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2010, 06:06:06 PM
Be more appropriate if that was the Netherlands womens team .

CorkedHat

We always had our end of season football tour in Holland.
What I think of Holland is that the opposition were always intent of kicking seven shades of crap out of us, people did not wear clogs and I saw more windmills in Belgium.
Window shopping in Amsterdam took on another dimension, I have never seen so many bloody bicycles in all my puff and their canals reminded me of the River Wandle.
I can think of more pleasant places to go but I don't think that that was what you were asking. :035:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us