watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Volz joins Bundesliga new boys

Started by WhiteJC, June 15, 2010, 11:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/6207205/Volz-joins-Bundesliga-new-boys?
Volz joins Bundesliga new boys

St Pauli have completed the signing of defender Moritz Volz, who returns to Germany after an 11-year absence.

Volz, who started his career as a 16-year-old with Arsenal, has joined the Bundesliga newcomers after passing a medical on Monday and signing a two-year contract.

He was a free agent after being released by Fulham a year ago.

"I am certain that this club suits me and I suit this club," said the 27-year-old on the club's website.

"I am looking forward to the tasks ahead, the new league and the challenge we face as a team."

Volz is the second prominent name to arrive at St Pauli following their promotion to the Bundesliga.

He joins former Germany international Gerald Asamoah, who has signed from Schalke.

The Equalizer

Quality news! St Pauli are a cracking little club, and so similar to Fulham in many respects. Good luck Volzy!

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 15, 2010, 11:40:45 AM
Quality news! St Pauli are a cracking little club, and so similar to Fulham in many respects. Good luck Volzy!

Echoed.  He deserves them, they deserve him.  Hands across the sea and all that!

Burt

I got me a St Pauli shirt when I was in Hamburg, and had a quick scoot around their "stadium" too. Definately something very Fulhamish about them.

Good luck Volzy!

Chopper

That's fabulous news. Pleased Volzy's got himself sorted with a club and a cool one at that.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

JBH

No more than the Volzmester deserves, prehaps he had talks when he was at the Final in Hamburg, met some St Pauli fans in their bar just of the Rheperbahn all were decent blokes.

Good Luck Moritz   :sir_roy:

LBNo11

...I'm just amazed that it took so long for him to get a contract at a club, when you look at the lack of talent of some of the players in the premiership and the championship he would have breezed into Wigan, Burnley, Hull, WBA, Blackburn, Stoke, Wolves etc.,

Good luck to the man, lots of respect for him, he had that quirky Fulhamish eccentricity and always gave 100%...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FatFreddysCat

Love Volzy to death so well pleased for him. Just a pity he joined a leftwing outfit who are nothing at all like Fulham by the way.