Main Menu

Ex Fulham leads country to good result

Started by epsomraver, June 15, 2010, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

os5889

boy has done himself proud, for shear gutsiness I tip my hat to New Zealand

GoldCoastWhite

Good result ??? Bloody brilliant result for the Kiwis. A country with very little football pedigree just scored their first ever World Cup goal and secured their first ever World Cup point. Anything else now is a bonus and I am thrilled for them. Well done you All Whites !

White Noise

Well done Simon and the boys. Skippering your country at 36 in a World Cup and getting your first point. If he can just get sat next to Miss World on the plane home I am sure the balding midfield maestro will be in like Flynn.

How is his fellow whipping boy Ahmad Elrich getting on playing for Central Coast Mariners?

beijing ben

I thought he played well. Very two footed. They should have won because Slovakia's goal was offside. Was Elliot captain?

Pata

The lad who missed the header in the 88th minute is an ex-AFC WImbledon striker - Shane Smeltz. My boss (one of the original AFC shareholders) is a little bit excited.

He left AFC Wimbledon to go to Halifax but the step up to the Conference was a step too far - 2 goals in 31 games. So, there he is... at the World Cup!
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

grimmynz

Go the All Whites!  A great result from a team starting to show a bit of confidence these days.  I put it largely down to good coaching - and we all know about that !

Scrumpy

Always liked Simon Elliot. A good honest pro who never gave less than 100%.

Well done Kiwis.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Chopper

Quote from: beijing ben on June 15, 2010, 05:47:44 PM
I thought he played well. Very two footed. They should have won because Slovakia's goal was offside. Was Elliot captain?

BBC website said Elliot was captain, but MotD highlights showed that it was Ryan Nelsen.

Still well done to the Kiwis, cracking result. 
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

finnster01

For a 2500:1 outsider to win the tournament, very well done.

I salute you Kiwi's.  :sir_roy:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Kiwi Fulham Fan

Quote from: Chopper on June 15, 2010, 10:36:20 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on June 15, 2010, 05:47:44 PM

BBC website said Elliot was captain, but MotD highlights showed that it was Ryan Nelsen.

Still well done to the Kiwis, cracking result. 

yep Definatley Ryan Nelson is captain and has been for about 5 years, he would be a great partner with Hangeland!!
Biggest football moment for us, and we aint even got a professional league just 1 team in Aussies A-League also Auckland City FC (semi pro) finished 5th in last years world club challenage, so we are growing