watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Konchesky Deal Almost Done

Started by White Noise, June 15, 2010, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1286768/THE-INSIDER-Birmingham-finally-set-sign-Paul-Konchesky-Stoke-weigh-Emile-Heskey-James-Vaughan-options-leave-Everton.html?ITO=1490

Paul Konchesky

Fulham to Birmingham - The Insider says: 4/5

The 29-year-old left-back has been set for a switch to Birmingham since the end of the season and the deal should be concluded over the next few days.

Manager Alex McLeish is scouting at the World Cup but hopes club executives can close a deal at around £2million.

Konchesky is moving after failing to get the contract he desired at Fulham and McLeish hopes he can have a similar impact to Stephen Carr on the other flank who has been outstanding over the past 18 months.

Fulham are weighing up various options. Free agent Fabio Aurelio is one while Aston Villa's Nicky Shorey is another but Nottingham Forest have discussed a £2.5m bid for him also.

LBNo11

...would be a shame to see the perma-tanned peanut pated one lead the break up of the team, but at least my favourite KCat will be pleased...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889

at £2 million with a year left on his deal (considering Lampard was valued at £8million when he had a year left in 2008) have we done some top business for an ageing player or been fleeced for a key member of the first team??

RidgeRider

I am struggling to understand why we would let him go. He is SOOOO important to our attack and aside from the odd gaffe, a very strong defender as well.

Why would he want to leave a winning situation?

Why would we (Fulham management) let him go?

He is one of our critical chess pieces and I will be gutted if he leaves. Somebody please help make some sense of WHY?

os5889

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 15, 2010, 03:26:45 PM
I am struggling to understand why we would let him go. He is SOOOO important to our attack and aside from the odd gaffe, a very strong defender as well.

He is one of our critical chess pieces and I will be gutted if he leaves. Somebody please help make some sense of WHY?

I'm hoping Fabio Aurelio.....

White Noise

Or this lad -

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/fulham_join_evaldo_race_532326/index.shtml

Fulham Join Evaldo Race

By Kevin Markey Tuesday, 15th June 2010

Fulham and Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Sporting Braga's Brazilian ­left-back Evaldo. 

Evaldo, 28, has been earning rave reviews in Portugal and has been attracting interest from several top clubs in Europe.

His agent Renato Moura said: "I have been in England and several clubs have ­enquired about Evaldo."

Reports in Portugal suggest the Premier League pair are leading the race to clinch his signature

JBH

The reason for letting him go is that he is asking the club for a contract that they unwilling to give him and rather than let him disappear on a free at the end of next season the club are cashing in on him.

Sound business sense and I would also think that RH has already lined up a replacement for him.

Sector9

Quote from: JBH on June 15, 2010, 03:41:51 PM

I guess it's to do with the length of contract more than anything else.

The reason for letting him go is that he is asking the club for a contract that they unwilling to give him and rather than let him disappear on a free at the end of next season the club are cashing in on him.

Sound business sense and I would also think that RH has already lined up a replacement for him.

AlFayedsChequebook

As long as we have a Hodgson picked replacement lined up then I am happy. If not, we should start to worry.

White Noise

Paul Terry - brother of John, is married to Konch's sister Sarah.

Konch is married to JT's sister Lyndsey.

The whole Fulham thing was never going to work out long term!! :023:

RidgeRider

ok, so if he wants a longer contract than we are willing to give, then Birmingham would be compelled to give him the length of contract he desires and no doubt the wages. I guess they must know what Fulham offered him from his agent.

Anyone we get won't be better than Konch because our budget won't allow it but if he doesn't want to stay, then........

RidgeRider

Quote from: White Noise on June 15, 2010, 04:04:14 PM
Paul Terry - brother of John, is married to Konch's sister Sarah.

Konch is married to JT's sister Lyndsey.

The whole Fulham thing was never going to work out long term!! :023:

What a family that must be to be a part of.....grifters........I feel sorry for Konch.

Tom

We better have someone lined up to take his place before we sell him.
Fulham for life!

Kiwi Fulham Fan

[/quote]

if this is the case may aswell cash in now otherwise could end up with nothing

FatFreddysCat

And he always has a touch of man flu, so he cant talk to his sponsors for more than five minutes.

White Noise

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 16, 2010, 08:08:47 AM
And he always has a touch of man flu, so he cant talk to his sponsors for more than five minutes.

:011:

beijing ben

What about Shorey? We are still in the hunt for him

Scrumpy

It will be interesting to see whether his form dips when he leaves us. After Bullard, this is maybe the first real 'first teamer' to leave us for another Premiership Club since Roy took charge. I am pretty confident that Roy's management and our present coaching team improve our players no end, meaning that they are performaing at their very best for every game.

Once Paul leaves this environment and joins another Club, I reckon his form will dip and we'll see more clangers from him each match than a Zat Knight keepy-uppy session. Personally, I wish him well but do not believe that we'll miss him too much.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 16, 2010, 11:26:39 AM
It will be interesting to see whether his form dips when he leaves us. After Bullard, this is maybe the first real 'first teamer' to leave us for another Premiership Club since Roy took charge. I am pretty confident that Roy's management and our present coaching team improve our players no end, meaning that they are performaing at their very best for every game.

Once Paul leaves this environment and joins another Club, I reckon his form will dip and we'll see more clangers from him each match than a Zat Knight keepy-uppy session. Personally, I wish him well but do not believe that we'll miss him too much.

The joy of a hodgson system, players can be replaced. The only question is whether or not we could get someone as decent/consistent as konch for similar money?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

We already have, Senderos on a free :clap_hands: :dft012: