Konchesky Deal Almost Done

Started by White Noise, June 15, 2010, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 16, 2010, 11:59:05 AM
We already have, Senderos on a free :clap_hands: :dft012:

Senderos at left back? Dont scare me like that

Hazey

He's pretty much gone to Forrest accoridng to a wrok mate who follows them.

The prices make me laugh though £2m for Konch our starting LB and they want £2.5m for Shorey who was our back up and had to drop to the CCC to get a game.  Whilst he may or may not be a better player,  logically Konch should be worth more right?  Shame The World doesnt work on logic right!

Quote from: beijing ben on June 16, 2010, 09:31:07 AM
What about Shorey? We are still in the hunt for him
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

beijing ben

Quote from: Hazey on June 16, 2010, 01:24:10 PM
He's pretty much gone to Forrest accoridng to a wrok mate who follows them.

The prices make me laugh though £2m for Konch our starting LB and they want £2.5m for Shorey who was our back up and had to drop to the CCC to get a game.  Whilst he may or may not be a better player,  logically Konch should be worth more right?  Shame The World doesnt work on logic right!

Quote from: beijing ben on June 16, 2010, 09:31:07 AM
What about Shorey? We are still in the hunt for him

There is no way that Shorey would choose Forest over us. If we want him he will come to Fulham.

I know what you mean about the prices. I think 2.5 for Shorey is ok. Konchesky must be worth more than 2. We won't let him go for that. Maybe 3 million if we know we can get Shorey

Fernhurst

Couldn't we buy the Chilian No 3  "PONCE"

just for the comedy value??

WhiteJC

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2010, 08:42:18 AM
Couldn't we buy the Chilian No 3  "PONCE"

just for the comedy value??

I was disappointed that we didn't get "MADLUNG"

WhiteJC

does this mean that Brum don't need Konch?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/parnaby-strikes-one-year-deal-birmingham-912711?
Parnaby strikes one year deal with Birmingham

Birmingham defender Stuart Parnaby has signed a new one-year contract.

Parnaby's previous deal expired this summer, and he had ended the season awaiting manager Alex McLeish's verdict on whether he would be awarded an extension.

But the Barclays Premier League club have confirmed the 27-year-old former England Under-21 full-back will stay for another 12 months.

Parnaby has made 50 appearances for Birmingham since joining from Middlesbrough in 2007.

NorthernWhite

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 17, 2010, 08:54:58 AM
does this mean that Brum don't need Konch?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/parnaby-strikes-one-year-deal-birmingham-912711?
Parnaby strikes one year deal with Birmingham

Birmingham defender Stuart Parnaby has signed a new one-year contract.

Parnaby's previous deal expired this summer, and he had ended the season awaiting manager Alex McLeish's verdict on whether he would be awarded an extension.

But the Barclays Premier League club have confirmed the 27-year-old former England Under-21 full-back will stay for another 12 months.

Parnaby has made 50 appearances for Birmingham since joining from Middlesbrough in 2007.

The fact they've only given him a 1 year contract and nearly let him go would mean to me he's there purely for back up. If Konch doesn't want to sign an extension, then get as much as we can now.

BestOfBrede

What is it with Brum wanting our players - Konch & Zamora ?
They trying to immitate our success?

richardhkirkando

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 15, 2010, 03:26:45 PM
I am struggling to understand why we would let him go. He is SOOOO important to our attack and aside from the odd gaffe, a very strong defender as well.

I'd actually like to see Konchesky take on an even greater role in attack, including taking more free kicks.  He's got some goals in him.

bigalffc

I'd definitely pick konch ahead of shorey-would prefer we had both with us next season.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum