watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Robbie Earle Sacked From ITV In Ticket Shocker

Started by White Noise, June 15, 2010, 03:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

ITV hit by more controversy as Robbie Earle sacked for alleged misuse of free tickets

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 2:49 PM on 15th June 2010

Add to My Stories World Cup pundit Robbie Earle has been axed from his position on ITV after tickets for matches in South Africa were found to have been used for 'unauthorised purposes'.

The broadcaster said a 'substantial number' of tickets, which were for Earle's friends and family, had been passed to a 'third party'.

ITV had investigated how its allocation had been used after governing body Fifa raised concerns generally.

Sacked: A 'substantial number' of tickets, which were for Earle's friends and family, had been passed to a 'third party', according to ITV
A block of tickets for the Holland-Denmark match had aroused suspicions.

Earle is a former Wimbledon and Port Vale player who also played for Jamaica in the World Cup in 1998.

In a statement, ITV said: 'Following claims by Fifa that official 2010 World Cup tickets may have been used for ambush marketing, ITV has reviewed its entire ticket allocation for the tournament.

'Immediate investigations indicated that a block of ITV tickets would appear to have been used for unauthorised purposes during the Holland v Denmark match.

Not so great Dane: The investigation looked at the match between Holland and Denmark
'Further inquiries have revealed that a substantial number of tickets allocated to Robbie Earle for family and friends have been passed to a third party in breach of Fifa rules.

'As a result, Robbie Earle's contract with ITV has been terminated with immediate effect.'

A spokesman for Earle's agent said there was no comment at this stage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1286785/WORLD-CUP-2010-ITV-hit-controversy-Robbie-Earle-sacked-alleged-misuse-free-tickets.html#ixzz0qvn190VM

RidgeRider

talk about 'beating around the bush', just say he was profiting from those tickets rather than the less clear statement of 'unauthorized purposes'....makes it almost sound like they were used to help facilitate drug deals or match fixing schemes.

os5889

All I can say is ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Equalizer

Brilliant! Another mindnumbingly dull and moronic pundit given the heave-ho!

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

os5889

Tonywa

Quote from: os5889 on June 15, 2010, 03:41:00 PM
Andy Townsend in Ladyboy Bondage shocker???

He's far too dull for such a good story ;-)

TW

Pata

They should've really sacked him for being rubbish.
Still, good to see someone getting done for touting.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Lighthouse

Well that was a bit dull for a first half. What did you think African Player

AHHR WAS good he play offside but hey.

And what do you think  Ex English Player

HOLL WAS bad he well you know cause wewl you know

Thanks Kevin and what did our pundit Robbie think?

Should have got more money for this ticket.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Why should a TV pundit get allocated dozens of tickets?

2 or 3 for wife and kids I can understand but that many? Multiply by however many pundits there are and you wonder how they fit anyone else in.

Chopper

I quite liked Robbie Earle. Head and shoulders above Andy Townsend.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

richie17

White Noise

Quote from: richie17 on June 15, 2010, 08:45:31 PM
Jack Warner will be fuming...

Yes, fuming that someone has tried to muscle in on his act - allegedly! :dft012:

Kiwi Fulham Fan

Quote from: Chopper on June 15, 2010, 08:33:40 PM
I quite liked Robbie Earle. Head and shoulders above Andy Townsend.

agreed, wonder if he'll still be on press pass espn show?