watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sir Roy Hodgson

Started by NogoodBoyo, June 15, 2010, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

Four words that explain why Roy is unlikely be with us at the start of the season:
One Year Rolling Contract.
If it weren't so sad and pathetic, it cracks me up how MAF thinks Roy will stay because of their relationship and the strength of this one year rolling contract.
That contract was fine for Sanchez and Coleman because they were untried, untested and....well, rather poor at their jobs.
Hodgson is a legend - the best manager we've ever had.  A one-year rolling contract for a man who saved the club on a shoestring is an insult. 
So, I'm resigned to his loss.  He's 62.  He will cash in on this business whilst he has the chance.  And, he clearly has ambition.  Our budget does not give him the ammunition he needs to really leave behind a legacy.  Big orgs.com clearly understands that and they're all circling the MAF wagon waiting for their pick at the carcass.
We're about to enter yet another Fulham era.
Nogood "so sad, so inevitable, so true, so....ah bolleaux, time to go back into hiding, isit" Boyo

The Equalizer

Clear orf you miserable get! I'm not having you depress me on this gorgeous day!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Dragoman

All may not be gloom and doom as there is a strong Liverpool faction that would prefer Kenny Dalglish to Roy Hodgson. Let's hope that they win the day.

LBNo11

...it depends on how you view what a rolling contract is:-

In a previous thread I replied: "regarding Roy Hodgson's contract, in my ignorance I was under the impression that the one year 'rolling' contract meant that the contract was up for renewal after that one year had expired.

I have since seen it clarified that the term 'rolling' contract means that each day that passes the contract is renewed for another year - in effect his contract renewal is constant and automatic, so Mr Hodgson can never run down his contract and can only be terminated if Mr Hodgson wants to leave. Very good news that Mr Fayed can show such faith in someone...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

I would imagine this is a perfect contract for Roy. He is not tied into a five year contract that means when Man Utd come calling they would have to get deeper in debt to buy him out of said contract. A rolling contract allows both sides security with a get out clause.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 15, 2010, 05:15:39 PM
...it depends on how you view what a rolling contract is:-

In a previous thread I replied: "regarding Roy Hodgson's contract, in my ignorance I was under the impression that the one year 'rolling' contract meant that the contract was up for renewal after that one year had expired.

I have since seen it clarified that the term 'rolling' contract means that each day that passes the contract is renewed for another year - in effect his contract renewal is constant and automatic, so Mr Hodgson can never run down his contract and can only be terminated if Mr Hodgson wants to leave. Very good news that Mr Fayed can show such faith in someone...

the other way of looking at it is that Roy will leave tomorrow....

...and we all know that tomorrow never comes  :doh:

LBNo11

...tomorrow is often a recycled today - as was the day before tomorrow.. :54:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rupert

I seem to recall, not so long ago, people getting worried because Roy's first contract (for two years) was running out and there seemed to be no hurry to give him a new one. Then the great man himself said that his agent and the club were thrashing things out behind the scenes and a mutually beneficial agreement was close, then he signed a week or so later.

From that, I suggest Roy is as happy with a year-long rolling contract as anyone. If anyone wants to buy it out, it wil not cost an arm and a leg, so if England come calling he can go easily enough, whilst at the same time Roy is guaranteed a year's wages if everything goes horribly wrong and is in as secure a job as any manager can enjoy in the meantime.

If anything, trying to tie him to a more binding agreement might be more likely to see him head off elsewhere.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Scrumpy

Isn't Alex Ferguson on a similar deal at Utd? If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us.

I don't lay any blame with The Club for agreeing a rolling contract. I think it gave him and us the security that both parties wanted with the right degree of freedom if England come calling.

I don't believe Roy will leave us for anyone but the national side.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

finnster01

I actually happen to agree with your sorry Welsh arse. Roy is history.

Finn "rolling with the big brothers in Harlem contract boyo" ster01
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Ichabod Magoo

Find an article on Roy and you'll find some other "expert" speculating on his future.  You could probably find 500 different comments published in the last week on what someone feels will be the outcome.  :022:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

McBridefan1

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 15, 2010, 05:54:07 PM
...tomorrow is often a recycled today - as was the day before tomorrow.. :54:

tomorrow may rain so i'll follow (hodge) son... and wish him all the best he deserves all the good things that are coming to him.  :sir_roy:

Steve_orino

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on June 15, 2010, 09:47:21 PM
Find an article on Roy and you'll find some other "expert" speculating on his future.  You could probably find 500 different comments published in the last week on what someone feels will be the outcome.  :022:

Exactly what I think as I read these threads...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09