watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Besler Has Fulham Offer

Started by Captain Fulhamerica, July 16, 2014, 03:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Fulhamerica

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/15/report-matt-besler-considering-fulham-sunderland-among-10-european-options/

According to MLSsoccer.com's Greg Seltzer, USMNT central defender Matt Besler is a very, very wanted man and could make his decision on his next club by Monday, if not sooner.

Seltzer reports that Besler has an offer on the table from recently-relegated Fulham, and is also being looked at by Sunderland, although the Premier League club has not extended an official offer.

In total, there are 10 clubs that Seltzer says are at "various levels of monitoring/interest/offer talks" with Besler, although he would only reveal a certain number of interested parties.

BarryP

http://www.noshortcorners.com/2014/07/bes-buy.html

QuoteYou have all been so patient and I appreciate it. To thank you, here is a decently comprehensive but also slightly "blurred out" photograph of the Matt Besler scene at this moment.

In all, there are 10 European clubs at various levels of monitoring/interest/offer talks for the Sporting KC defender. Only one of those clubs currently hanging around is in the Bundesliga, and probably will not pony up what the MLS champs are asking (which as I said recently, would break their club record sale of somewhere in the $5-6 million range for Eddie Johnson).

So then let us focus on England. A clear majority of the nine teams at some distance in the Besler frame are in the Prem. I can confirm that one of those admirers is Sunderland, and that they have not made an offer yet. I can also now confirm that Fulham is one of the Championship suitors, and that they have made at least one offer to now. Those are the only names I will spill at this time, but I am confident you can knock those possibilities around pretty good to pass the time. I can also re-assure you that constant rumor mill link QPR are not in this scene. I know their name keeps popping up here and there, but the last time they were browsing Besler was about a year ago.

As for the time to pass, you will not be waiting long. One way or the other, Besler is aiming to make his decision by Monday. And as I am told, that is a hard deadline this time.

Greg Seltzer
Posted by Greg Seltzer at 9:13 PM
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

btings

He is the preppiest-looking footballer this country has ever produced, but he's got a good head on his shoulders.

Pie and mash

Looks like a bit of a Chad Hogan.

Hope he signs

Barrie

Hopefully the American connection and the fact that he has previously met the charming Mr Khan previously might help pull him our way.  Would be an excellent addition.

ToodlesMcToot

Well, I certainly wouldn't complain if he was signed. He's a very good central defender.

However, since we do know that Fulham have made an offer, it does beg the question - why do we need another LCB? Besler is almost exclusively a left sided player. Is one of Amorebieta or Burn leaving?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

TrexFFC

Isn't depth important as well? We have these guys but what happens if they get injured? It's good to have some cover in every position.

Riverside

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2014, 01:11:33 PM
Well, I certainly wouldn't complain if he was signed. He's a very good central defender.

However, since we do know that Fulham have made an offer, it does beg the question - why do we need another LCB? Besler is almost exclusively a left sided player. Is one of Amorebieta or Burn leaving?

This is a good point
Can someone with your knowledge of the squad tell me of our current centre backs who is considered as left and who as right

Burn - Left ?
Amorebieta - Left ?
Hutchinson ?
Donnelly ?
Burgess ?
Grimmer ?

Craven Mad

Quote from: Riverside on July 16, 2014, 01:17:19 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2014, 01:11:33 PM

This is a good point
Can someone with your knowledge of the squad tell me of our current centre backs who is considered as left and who as right

Burn - Left ?
Amorebieta - Left ?
Hutchinson ?
Donnelly ?
Burgess ?
Grimmer ?

Burn - LCB
Amore - LCB (LB)
Hutch - RCB
Grimmer - RB (RCB) [used to be predominantly a CB for our youth, but was moved out to RB on loan last year - did well]
Donnelly - Right-footed, but seen him at LCB [versatile CB]
Burgess - Barely seen him, but he's played RCB when I have. Was played LCB aside Hutch against Rangers, RCB aside Hutch against Motherwell.

God The Mechanic

Maybe were planning for 5 at the back? Crazier things have happened :p

Forever Fulham

I wonder if Dempsey's agent, Lyle Yorks, is representing him.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 02:45:35 PM
please

no

Oh, stop. It will be good to have another Yank on the squad, now that we have none.  086.gif

I'm sure Berserker and Kcat won't mind after seeing that photo :)

Plus, the team is made up of international players with plenty of home grown. McBride, Keller and Carlos were both widely accepted here, it was only Dempsey and EJ that got slated.

ToodlesMcToot

please

no

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Since I feel like you probably have watched him play, how do you think he'd fair here? Or in the PL for that matter?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

BarryP

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2014, 02:57:33 PM
please

no

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Since I feel like you probably have watched him play, how do you think he'd fair here? Or in the PL for that matter?

Besler is one of the few Americans that  I wouldn't mind seeing Fulham sign for now and future promotion. He reads the game very well and passes well out of the back. He would be best suited to play the Aaron Hughes type role with a person to handle the aerial clearances along side him. He could probably step into a Premier League team and be an effective defender today. He was hands down the best US defender at the WC in  my opinion.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

This is a good point

Burn - Left ?
Amorebieta - Left ?
Hutchinson ?
Donnelly ?
Burgess ?
Grimmer ?

[/quote]

Arthurworrey. He must be rated as he's signed a contract extension and was (I think) in Scotland
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 16, 2014, 02:56:22 PM
please

no

Oh, stop. It will be good to have another Yank on the squad, now that we have none.  086.gif

Plus, the team is made up of international players with plenty of home grown. McBride, Keller and Carlos were both widely accepted here, it was only Dempsey and EJ that got slated.

Hyndman ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Craven Mad

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 16, 2014, 05:13:06 PM
Arthurworrey. He must be rated as he's signed a contract extension and was (I think) in Scotland

I doubt we'll see much of Arturworrey. He did ok on loan in L1, but would still be low on the list of CBs we'd choose to use. Plus, I don't think he actually went to Scotland (played for the U21 agains Walton Casuals) and it was only a 1 year extension (to 2015), so I doubt Felix sees him as a real option.

bobby01

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 16, 2014, 05:17:26 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 16, 2014, 02:56:22 PM
please

no

Hyndman ?

Dempsey problem was only at the end, until then I thought he was a good player. Still unspoken about his departure after he said the truth will out.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.