https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Besler Has Fulham Offer

Started by Captain Fulhamerica, July 16, 2014, 03:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 16, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

This is a good point
Can someone with your knowledge of the squad tell me of our current centre backs who is considered as left and who as right

Burn - Left ?
Amorebieta - Left ?
Hutchinson ?
Donnelly ?
Burgess ?
Grimmer ?

Arthurworrey. He must be rated as he's signed a contract extension and was (I think) in Scotland
[/quote]

Amorbieta and Burn are left sided as is arthurworry and burgess. Donnelly and grimmer both play right back and centre back obviously on the right side. Donnelly started off as a right back and was converted to the middle, so was grimmer but im not sure what he started off as or what is considered his best position. Hutchinson I haven't got a clue
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 05:22:35 PM
Arthurworrey. He must be rated as he's signed a contract extension and was (I think) in Scotland

I doubt we'll see much of Arturworrey. He did ok on loan in L1, but would still be low on the list of CBs we'd choose to use. Plus, I don't think he actually went to Scotland (played for the U21 agains Walton Casuals) and it was only a 1 year extension (to 2015), so I doubt Felix sees him as a real option.

The fact burgess who is 18 started against rangers and motherwell and got a goal whilst arthurworry was left at home to play for the u21's is a sign of how arthurworry is regarded. Plus burn and amorbieta, I doubt he will ever get a first team game here.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

PeterFFC

Sky Sports now reporting it.
American World Cup defender Matt Besler says both Sunderland and Fulham have made moves for him.

The 27-year-old Sporting Kansas City centre-half impressed at this summer's finals in Brazil, starting four games for the USA.

Reports have claimed that up to ten clubs from England and Germany have expressed an interest in landing the MLS stopper, but Besler has now revealed that it is Sunderland and Fulham leading the chase.

"I know that Fulham has offered to Kansas City and I know that Sunderland put in an offer or are putting in an offer," he told American radio station Sports Radio 810 today.

"We're trying to get something done as soon as possible.

"It's a situation which needs to get resolved.

"I want to be staying in Kanasa City if I'm going to stay.

"But if they're going to sell me, then I want to know as soon as possible.

"It's not just my decision. It's the club's decision if they want to sell or not. But I would definitely have an input on a team."

Besler's current deal is due to expire in 2015.

Craven Mad

Out of Sunderland and us, with Altidore and Premier League football on offer, you have to assume he'd rather go there.

btings

Sporting KC CEO gets everybody riled up by saying he has 2 player-related announcements today, then says that neither of them involve Besler or Zusi.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Craven Mad on July 16, 2014, 05:22:35 PM

I doubt we'll see much of Arturworrey. He did ok on loan in L1, but would still be low on the list of CBs we'd choose to use. Plus, I don't think he actually went to Scotland (played for the U21 agains Walton Casuals) and it was only a 1 year extension (to 2015), so I doubt Felix sees him as a real option.

I sad about this but you are probably right, Felix has a dearth of C/Bs even without Arthurworrey he still has Grimmer, Passeley, Burgess & Donnelly to back up Hutchison & Burn if we sold Amoribieta. Not sure why we keep getting lined with more CB's or firwards we need CM's

callumc513

He was seriously impressive throughout the WC with the exception of being turned by Lukaku at the start of extra time against Belgium.

Forever Fulham

By the time Lukaku came on, Besler was knackered, which of course happens when you are chasing rather than possessing the ball.  He really did improve his profile during the Cup.  Just ask the Portugal squad.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: callumc513 on July 16, 2014, 07:07:24 PM
He was seriously impressive throughout the WC with the exception of being turned by Lukaku at the start of extra time against Belgium.

To be fair, I don't think Besler got turned so much as ran into a brick wall of a man and fell down. Result was the same however.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bigalffc

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 16, 2014, 01:35:02 PM
Maybe were planning for 5 at the back? Crazier things have happened :p
This is entirely possible Magath has signed two attacking full backs, he could be looking 5-3-2
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HatterDon

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2014, 02:57:33 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2014, 02:45:35 PM
please

no

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Since I feel like you probably have watched him play, how do you think he'd fair here? Or in the PL for that matter?

He's a quality player. It'd take him a good half-season in the Prem to get the knowledge he needs, but if he gets signed by a Prem club before September 1, he could be a starter in 12 months time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Nightwind15

I for one would be glad to see the man in white. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

YankeeJim

He seems to position well, is strong and has a little pace. He seems to have an eye for the game but isn't the biggest of CB's. He is also a scrapper so Felix would like him.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MrProphet

Very impressed with him in the world cup but as djemba djemba so bad they named him twice and kleberson will testify that can be a dangerous gauge.
Not seen enough of him but disappointed that we're looking at another centre back unless amor is going

Hutchinson,burn,amor and any one of Burgess Donally or Grimmer would be enough for me. If we're only going for 2 maybe 3 more I'd want a cm and a left winger  049:gif

Still believe

I'd be very pleased with this if true, think he would be a solid investment and seems to have  agood attitude.  At present I'm bit worried about the defence...

WolverineFFC

:plus one:
Quote from: BarryP on July 16, 2014, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2014, 02:57:33 PM
please

no

I don't think you have much to worry about.

Since I feel like you probably have watched him play, how do you think he'd fair here? Or in the PL for that matter?

Besler is one of the few Americans that  I wouldn't mind seeing Fulham sign for now and future promotion. He reads the game very well and passes well out of the back. He would be best suited to play the Aaron Hughes type role with a person to handle the aerial clearances along side him. He could probably step into a Premier League team and be an effective defender today. He was hands down the best US defender at the WC in  my opinion.

:plus one:
Aaron Hughes is who I always think of when watching him. Does his job quietly, but effectively. Works best with an aerial partner, but is positionally very strong and disciplined.

That being said, can't see him ending up on a Championship side. Think he likely has better offers.

Deanothefulhamfan

Hutchinson will be first choice, probably alongside Amore.... Burn is not rated by FM, and would be really surprised if he was anything more than a squad player.

Donnelly and Arthurworrey should go out on loan for 6 months.... Blackpool are short of players.

I am really surprised Arthurworrey is so low down on the list, he did a very good job in a terrible side last season in league one. Would like to see him on loan at a top club in that league like Preston / MK dons.

In response to the OP, i too was really impressed with him during the WC ( as I was with many of the US players ) and it would be another decent addition to our team.

RidgeRider

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 16, 2014, 05:17:26 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 16, 2014, 02:56:22 PM
please

no

Oh, stop. It will be good to have another Yank on the squad, now that we have none.  086.gif

I'm sure Berserker and Kcat won't mind after seeing that photo :)

Plus, the team is made up of international players with plenty of home grown. McBride, Keller and Carlos were both widely accepted here, it was only Dempsey and EJ that got slated.

Hyndman ?

Very good point. Forgot about the lad.