watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt Besler Has Fulham Offer

Started by Captain Fulhamerica, July 16, 2014, 03:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

So, for our British friends, all of this was a contract renegotiation ploy. Besler knows he's not ready for Europe yet, but knows that this is the time to get a fat raise. So, he got his agent to drop the names of European clubs with American owners or American players in an effort to get the league to pony up the Big Time Soldi. It's worked.

Besler? A very good player who you'll see in Europe before the next World Cup
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

Quote from: btings on July 18, 2014, 09:25:11 PM
Quote from: BarryP on July 18, 2014, 09:00:03 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 18, 2014, 07:36:32 PM
Offering Besler 10K a week would quadruple his salary. He/MLS/KC are just waiting for a better offer.

$10K * 52 weeks = $520K / $200K = 2.6 times before renogotiations or am I missing something?

£10k/week is closer to $800k/yr.

You would think the accountant would remember to add the exchange rate. fp.gif  064.gif At least its Friday!
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

btings

This is officially dead.  Sporting KC have announced that Besler and Graham Zusi have both signed new contracts to make them Designated Players (= their salaries are not capped, so this is a big raise for Besler).

MisfitKid

Quote from: btings on July 19, 2014, 10:15:33 PM
This is officially dead.  Sporting KC have announced that Besler and Graham Zusi have both signed new contracts to make them Designated Players (= their salaries are not capped, so this is a big raise for Besler).

Just saw the announcement on the tube (with Besler live) during halftime of the Spuds vs. Flounders match.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

hovewhite

Skullduggary and cunning don't you just love it!!

harrison.crow

Quote from: btings on July 18, 2014, 05:44:20 PM
Quote from: harrison.crow on July 18, 2014, 05:26:40 PM
I'm a fan of Besler and wouldn't hate him coming to SW16, but we need help centrally. Hopefully we can put this all behind us and focus on something besides CB's and Striking options and the real task of finding some depth in the middle of the park. 

Harrison Crow! Awesome to see you posting here.

Thanks... I think. :)
Danny Murphy: the last action hero of the Fulham premiership era.

jmh

Quote from: HatterDon on July 19, 2014, 12:55:54 AM
So, for our British friends, all of this was a contract renegotiation ploy. Besler knows he's not ready for Europe yet, but knows that this is the time to get a fat raise.
He's 27.  If he's not ready for Europe now, he never will be.

harrison.crow

Quote from: jmh on July 21, 2014, 04:57:07 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 19, 2014, 12:55:54 AM
So, for our British friends, all of this was a contract renegotiation ploy. Besler knows he's not ready for Europe yet, but knows that this is the time to get a fat raise.
He's 27.  If he's not ready for Europe now, he never will be.

I disagree, he's completely ready for Europe... if he wanted it. I legitimately think he would rather stay with Sporting Kansas City and there is nothing wrong with it. There is a lot behind the US mentality of staying with one club for their career. It doesn't happen much and when there is a chance for a player like Besler it would mean a lot.

Also, Americans are notorious for beating aging curves (or arcs) when it comes to skill potential and the inevitable decline. That said they do have shorter career primes. A reason, though just a theory, is simply the result of our youth systems and the lack development at younger ages. A 27 in the US is just hitting his prime and it could last into their early 30's. (31, 32... maybe 33). 
Danny Murphy: the last action hero of the Fulham premiership era.