watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tipping League: 2014-15 : Championship Edition Rules

Started by Logicalman, July 17, 2014, 07:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

The Tipping League 2014-2015 starts in the next couple of weeks, so I thought it might be a good idea to give everyone advanced warning and state the rules of the competition for newbies and oldies alike .. just so everyone is clear ...

This season marks the first time we will be doing a Championship Tipping League, and so the usual 10 games each week order is out, there are quite a few midweek sets of matches, so I will try and make sure I get the thread out with at least 3 clear days for tipping. Please bear with me though, you might even see 2 weeks sent out on the same day or within a couple of days of each other due to they being so close to each other. Generally, I will look at Friday/Sat/Sunday games as being one week, and Tues/Wed being another as that is how the initial 10 weeks appear to pan out.

I will be using the following site to maintain the fixtures and the official results ::: football league co uk

1. The competition is open to all registered members of the FoF, Cottage Corner, and the FUSA Message Boards.

2. Entries are via the MB thread only (see below for any exceptions)

3. Points are awarded as follows: 1 point for the correct Home - Away - Draw prediction, and a bonus point for getting both teams' scores correct.

4. Each week a double points game (DPG) will be indicated, this will double the usual points scored on that game only.

5. If anyone is due to go on vacation, business trips, etc, where they will not be able to post on the thread, then they can PM me in advance and I will put the prediction in for them. Please don't abuse this facility though.

6. Mistakes are made in the scoring. If a mistake is spotted, please PM me and I will look into it and restore the correct points for the following week as required.

7. If duplicate sets of predictions are entered for the same week then the first set are used only. If you want to change your submitted predictions then just edit your original post. The cut-off for edits is the same as item 11 below.

8. Punters need to maintain at least a 50% tipping rate and miss no more than 5 weeks in a row. That means at least half the weeks must be tipped, if not, that person is dropped from the competition. If a person fails to tip for five continuous weeks they are deemed to have withdrawn.

9. I will endeavour to get each weeks tipping sheet out by the Wednesday prior to the match weekend/week, and the previous weeks' results the same time. This can be affected if that rounds are on Tuesday/Wednesday though.

10. If a match is postponed, for any reason, that match will be voided for that week, and might be included later on in the season when played. In that case, a further opportunity will be given to predict again, and the original prediction will be the default.

11. All predictions MUST be entered prior to the game starting. No predictions for matches already commenced will be accepted.

12. No new punters can join after week 10 of the competition.

Remember - ENJOY the competition, it's for fun (and personal battle pride in some cases) - there are no prizes.

I will publish the first week on the weekend of Aug 2/3

I ask all persons to remember that this is purely a voluntary effort to run the competition, so abuse is not acceptable (unless you wish to take on the responsibility of running it each week yourself, of course - PM me if you want to take the mantle)

If you have any questions regarding the rules, etc, post them here and I'll answer them best I can.

Thanks
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

dannyboi-ffc

Looking forward to this, ive never done this tipping league before.

Great effort doing all this by the way!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

csf79849504

It will be tough getting to know some new teams' quirks and characteristics. But should be fun and intense as usual. 

One and Up!!!   COYW

aaronmcguigan

Is there anyone famous who predicts Championship scores, like Lawro with the premier league?