more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Inter-Forum CHAMPIONSHIP Positions Game 2014-15

Started by daib0, July 19, 2014, 09:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

Inter-Forum CHAMPIONSHIP Positions Game 2014-15

This fun game is to be an on-going monthly competition for the Championship league placings during the 2014-15 season, and is going to be quite different from the much bigger Inter-Forum Premier League positions game (organized by Reading "RR" & Sunderland "BCC" forums, as most of you will well know by now).

Almost firstly of all, I must say I'm very sorry it didn't work out for you last season. If it's any comfort, I suffered the same with Reading the previous season, and at least you'll be viewed as the big boys in the Championship with a fear for no-one.

So - for this CHAMPIONSHIP positions game we are looking ONLY at your predictions for the top six (promotion/play-off) positions, the (relegation) bottom three, and YOUR OWN TEAM'S own exact league position as you see it. You guess ONCE only – right now or up to season kick-off! – then sit back and enjoy. Think very carefully, with head not heart, as this selection will be with you all season, no later altering after kick-off!! But the idea is that this becomes a MONTHLY updated competition where points are gained and added on monthly according to your initial selection.

It will be a highly select competition, unlike the Premier League Positions Game which had nearly 700 entrants last season; only these special championship forums have been invited –

Blackburn 'Rovers Talk'
Blackpool 'Back Henry Street'
Bournemouth 'Court Offside'
Leeds 'LUFC Talk'
Nottingham Forest – 'The A Block'
Reading 'Royals Rendezvous'
Fulham - Friends of Fulham

So to the POINTS – how do you SCORE?

- A very easy system indeed! Depending on the real Championship table on every FIRST day of the month I'll be adding points to your previous month's running score and these points will be:

A)
TOP 6 - For every team you correctly predict in top 6 – ONE point (example, you put Forest 3rd but they are 5th). For an exact placing in top 6 – 2 bonus points = 3 POINTS in total for that team (example, you put Forest 3rd and they are indeed 3rd).

B)
BOTTOM 3 - For every team correctly predicted in bottom 3 – ONE point. For an exact placing in bottom 3 – 2 bonus points = 3 POINTS in total for that team (so works in the same way as top 6).

C)
YOUR OWN TEAM choice placement will score like this:
An exact placing = 5 points / one-placing out = 4 points (e.g. you said 8th but we're 9th) / two placings out = 3 points / three placings out = 2 points / and four placings out = 1 point.

Notes, hopefully to avoid any possible conflict or complaint!  –

•You can of course name YOUR TEAM where you like – 3rd, 12th, 15th or whatever, but if you name them in the top 6, or bottom 3, and the club is indeed in one of those positions at any monthly qualifying point, then your score will show points BOTH for concept of a general position and for an individual prediction position [e.g. you put Leeds 3rd and they are in real life 2nd – well, that's both 1 pts for a general table position + 4 pts for the specific team one spot out = 5 points]. Therefore, maximum for any one team per month is 8 points [3 + 5]!
•Everyone HAS to guess by the day before the Championship match kicks off (first match is on Friday 8th August so predictions by Thursday 7th August), no later entrants accepted otherwise these would obviously have a stronger advantage.
•Also, the league table is solely for POSITIONS allocations, regardless of whether some teams have played more games or not on the first day of a particular month ... goal difference, scorers, and anything else do not come in to it!
•You predict once (as said) and we add up the points. There will be large differences of points as the season progresses, and so you stay in the game unless you write to me with the contrary. Please don't though; don't take it too seriously, it's just a bit of innocent fun!
•There will be points given for August, and final prediction for the May end of season table which counts for DOUBLE points in every regard even although the season officially finishes on the 2nd May - should be an exciting finish!!

Winners:
Are to be crowned with honorary Gold, Silver, Bronze medals and diplomas of honour for 4th and 5th spots too! And for national and Reading fans a recognition of immortality in the Royals Rendezvous Hall of Fame!

To get started - Entries are to be in by the day before season starts (that's AUG 7th - and until 11.59 pm!!). And these first points are awarded on 1st September or shortly after for how the league table really looks on the night of 31th August 2013 (after any league game that day if there were one/some).

Further predictions
No further predictions are needed! Remember, your only post in by 7th August ...
Come in and have fun!!

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

daib0

So – how do you post? Easy-peasy!! Takes 20 seconds, no more ... with YOUR OWN team selections of course. Entries in by (AUG 7th - and until 11.59 pm!!). Remember - just positions team names only! Like mine below ...

daibo's entry -
1 – Derby County
2 – Nottingham Forest
3 – Fulham
4 – Wigan Athletic
5 – Wolves
6 – Leeds United
--------------------
22 – Huddersfield Town
23 – Charlton Athletic
24 – Millwall

Reading's Position – 11th

First points are awarded on 1st September or shortly after for how the league table really looks on the night of 31th August 2013.

------------------------------------------------------   

So far we have in:

Ethiaa [Blackburn 'Rovers Talk']
Gibbon [Blackburn 'Rovers Talk']
-BARON-23- [Blackburn 'Rovers Talk']
theodore [Blackburn 'Rovers Talk']
mrblackbat [Blackburn 'Rovers Talk']
Rover Ryan [Blackburn 'Rovers Talk']
Magic147 [Blackpool 'Back Henry Street']
QBlock87 [Blackpool 'Back Henry Street']
seasider   [Blackpool 'Back Henry Street']
tangerine77 [Blackpool 'Back Henry Street']
skier [Bournemouth 'Court Offside']
Selby White [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
cheffy007 [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
SiMamu [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
+15 [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
Aces [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
Wigan White [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
Frankie [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
Sheepy [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
Nottingham White [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
Viduka95 [Leeds 'LUFC Talk']
daib0 [Reading 'Royals Rendezvous'] 
Clyde1998  [Reading 'Royals Rendezvous'] 
Foxxinator [Reading 'Royals Rendezvous']
RoyalJoe [Reading 'Royals Rendezvous']

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

MayoDomo

Thanks for orchestrating this Daib0! Great idea.

Here's my picks.

1 - Norwich
2 - Fulham
3 - Ispwich
4 - Derby
5 - Cardiff
6 - Wigan
22 - Rotherham
23 - Blackpool
24 - Millwall

13 - Leeds
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

daib0

Quote from: MayoDomo on July 20, 2014, 01:04:21 AM

Here's my picks.

1 - Norwich
2 - Fulham
3 - Ispwich
4 - Derby
5 - Cardiff
6 - Wigan
22 - Rotherham
23 - Blackpool
24 - Millwall

13 - Leeds
You can choose Leeds as extra team if you like, but the normal would be for me to take your 2nd place for Fulham both for top 6 and for individual team selection as it ¡s your team ... your score will show points BOTH for concept of a general position and for an individual prediction position.
I put Reading 11th this time around but last season I had my team top two! It's easier to count Friends of Fulham participants as Fulham supporters, so will do, but if you still prefer Leeds to appear please tell me!...

aaronmcguigan

1Wigan
2 Derby
3 Fulham
4 Blackburn
5 Forest
6 Wolves
-------------
22 Millwall
23 Rotherham
24 Blackpool

3 Fulham

fulhamben

1 Fulham
2 Cardiff
3derby
4 wigan
5 forrest
6 Norwich

22  leeds
23 Rotherham
24 Brentford

1 fulham
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

daib0

Lighthouse

1 - Derby
2 - Wigan
3 - Norwich
4 - Brighton
5 - Cardiff
6 - Middlesbrough

22 - Brentford
23 - Rotherham
24 - Blackpool

14 - Fulham
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

1. Fulham
2. Wigan
3. Norwich
4. Derby
5. Reading
6. Ipswich

22. Brentford
23. Blackpool
24. Rotherham

1. Fulham
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Toby Ward-Smith

1. Norwich
2. Fulham
3. Wigan
4. Blackburn
5. Derby
6. Middlesborough

22. Brentford
23. Bolton
24. Blackpool

2. Fulham

kevin

Top 6

1...Cardiff
2....Fulham
3....Wigan
4....Norwich
5....Derby
6....Notts Forest

22. Blackpool
23. Bournemouth
24. Millwall

2nd   Fulham

kevin sadler

Sheepskin Junior

1. Derby
2. Cardiff
3. Fulham
4. Norwich
5. Forest
6. Wolves
--------
22. Bournemouth
23. Charlton
24. Rotherham

Fulham - 3rd
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

JackyFulham90

1. Derby
2. Fulham
3. Wigan
4. Cardiff
5. Watford
6. Norwich

22. Charlton
23. Rotherham
24. Blackpool

2. Fulham

daib0

perfect guys, very much appreciated. You're very well placed for a high finish on most other forums too ...

Please mention the game to my mate  Riether Lightning 63, who has had an outstanding record in previous games we've done together ... do hope he comes in again!

ChesterTheTabby

1. Fulham
2. Cardiff
3. Derby
4. Norwich
5. Ipswich
6. Watford

22. Rotherham
23. Bournemouth
24. Blackpool

1. Fulham
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MayoDomo

Quote from: daib0 on July 20, 2014, 08:22:31 AM
Quote from: MayoDomo on July 20, 2014, 01:04:21 AM

Here's my picks.

1 - Norwich
2 - Fulham
3 - Ispwich
4 - Derby
5 - Cardiff
6 - Wigan
22 - Rotherham
23 - Blackpool
24 - Millwall

13 - Leeds
You can choose Leeds as extra team if you like, but the normal would be for me to take your 2nd place for Fulham both for top 6 and for individual team selection as it ¡s your team ... your score will show points BOTH for concept of a general position and for an individual prediction position.
I put Reading 11th this time around but last season I had my team top two! It's easier to count Friends of Fulham participants as Fulham supporters, so will do, but if you still prefer Leeds to appear please tell me!...

Didn't quite understand! Thanks for clarifying.

1 - Norwich
2 - Fulham
3 - Ispwich
4 - Derby
5 - Cardiff
6 - Wigan
22 - Rotherham
23 - Blackpool
24 - Millwall

2 - Fulham
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Fulham4Ever

1   -   Wigan
2   -   Fulham
3   -   Derby
4   -   Cardiff
5   -   Reading
6   -   Norwich

22   -   Brentford
23   -   Rotherham
24   -   Blackpool

2   -   FULHAM

PakistaniWhites