A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll-Mr Ruiz

Started by Maidstone Lee, July 20, 2014, 12:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Bryan should be part of first team plans this coming season?

Yes
78 (57.8%)
No
57 (42.2%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: July 25, 2014, 12:21:01 PM

Maidstone Lee

With all the speculation, I was wondering what you all think in regards to Ruiz. Could he do a job in the Championship or is it time he moved on?

Personally I think the latter would be best for us and him provided we could re coup some of the money we paid for him.

On a side note, I was really encouraged by the performance at Crawley yesterday and by the big turnout we had. Its a sign of things to come!  049:gif
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

the nutflush

MrProphet

Definitely not

Besides his performances in a white shirt he only has one year left on his contract his stock would have risen because of costa ricas progress in the world cup and after the abuse he got he won't sign a new one. Get what we can and move on. Don't see him giving us enough to make a difference between promotion and not.

Rhys Lightning 63

Sell. Whilst I'm sure he's a great player, he is not built for the English game. He struggled in the Premier League, he will do more so in The Championship
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

No, and not because he's not good enough, but because it's not the best for both parties.

Bryan Ruiz has come off of a very good World Cup, is turning 29 next month and has a year left on his deal, he can go and get one last chance at some glory thanks to his performances in Brazil; as for us, we know that he doesn't suit the pace of English football, and in the Championship, it's even more old school, with strong tackles and long balls.

A kid like Chris David can cope and flourish in Bryan Ruiz's role, let's cash in what we can, and reinvest in central midfield.

Lighthouse

I am a fan and have said before he has been poorly used by Jol. But I can't see how the Championship with less time to dwell on the ball will help us or him. Time to move on sadly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Maidstone Lee

I just think he never really adapted to English football so it would be best if we sell and reinvest the money in the squad.
@LeeWarner19

jags24

Ruiz is definitely class enough to do a job in the ship.  We just bought MacCormack to play striker so I don't see him starting for us.  But he is definitely worth keeping around.

fulhamben

Quote from: jags24 on July 20, 2014, 01:10:43 PM
Ruiz is definitely class enough to do a job in the ship.  We just bought MacCormack to play striker so I don't see him starting for us.  But he is definitely worth keeping around.
so do you see ruiz as a striker then?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Players like ruiz cant just be kept around, he's the type of player that needs the team built around him and a style of play designed to suit his game.

He has proved he is not very adaptable and as an experienced international pro I think its a bit pathetic at 28 years old that the likes of tunnicliffe david woodrow etc... need to adapt there games so early to suit him.  He should be a leader now for us but yet he is more like the one who needs to be babied. I think hes got talent but I dont think hes good enough to adjust to english football. Berbatov ruined his fulham career but that proves my point, unless he was played in 1 position behind the perfect type of striker to suit his game he was useless, very similar to holtby.

I just dont see the long.term benefit of him to be honest. He is just one that could of been but went horribly wrong
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

jags24

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2014, 01:15:36 PM

Yeah, I see him as a second forward, not a target man, obviously.  He did well in that role with Costa Rica.  But he needs to play in a structured side.  That gives him the license to be creative.

Ruiz is a good player, as the other poster said, Berbatov was not a good match.  Then he started getting put in other positions like on the wing that do not suit him.  But Ruiz is really underrated at this point.

Fulham76

Absolutely NO.

Not worth having anywhere near the starting 11 in the championship - would be a waste of a player. Awful decision maker, doesn't score, doesn't take people on, too slow, one of the weakest players I've ever seen.

Easy decision from me.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 20, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
Absolutely NO.

Not worth having anywhere near the starting 11 in the championship - would be a waste of a player. Awful decision maker, doesn't score, doesn't take people on, too slow, one of the weakest players I've ever seen.

Easy decision from me.

+1
@LeeWarner19

fulhamben

Quote from: jags24 on July 20, 2014, 02:45:02 PM
Ruiz is definitely class enough to do a job in the ship.  We just bought MacCormack to play striker so I don't see him starting for us.  But he is definitely worth keeping around.

Yeah, I see him as a second forward, not a target man, obviously.  He did well in that role with Costa Rica.  But he needs to play in a structured side.  That gives him the license to be creative.

Ruiz is a good player, as the other poster said, Berbatov was not a good match.  Then he started getting put in other positions like on the wing that do not suit him.  But Ruiz is really underrated at this point.
id play him at the point of the diamond, but to do that we would need a far better player than parker holding.

Craven Mad

Depends on what we can get for him. Personally, I rate him but can see why others don't - I voted for keep.

I think he has the right attitude, so, if nothing else, would be a good influence on the dressing room. But if we could get £5m, I'd say sell and get a replacement (either CM or Winger); he's in the last year of contract and has admittedly been very inconsistent for us, so could be wise to cash in on his WC success.

I, for one, won't be disappointed to see him here next season if he stays.

jags24

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2014, 02:56:46 PM
Quote from: jags24 on July 20, 2014, 02:45:02 PM

Yeah, I see him as a second forward, not a target man, obviously.  He did well in that role with Costa Rica.  But he needs to play in a structured side.  That gives him the license to be creative.

Ruiz is a good player, as the other poster said, Berbatov was not a good match.  Then he started getting put in other positions like on the wing that do not suit him.  But Ruiz is really underrated at this point.
id play him at the point of the diamond, but to do that we would need a far better player than parker holding.

I think he is too weak defensively even for that.  But he does give a better effort on defense than people credit him for.  He is just frail.  But he is super technical and if you put a good hardworking team around him he will score.

Steven Ageroad

In a nutshell, a very talented player but not suited to English football.

Sell.

Pluto

He's a top quality player but I'd sell unless he signs a new deal as his stock has never been higher after such a great world cup

Blanco

Can't believe most people still think Ruiz can do the job for us.  fp.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Blanco on July 20, 2014, 06:38:07 PM
Can't believe most people still think Ruiz can do the job for us.  fp.gif
most people know parker cant do a job for us and here is still here. so why not ruiz who at least has some ability