A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll-Mr Ruiz

Started by Maidstone Lee, July 20, 2014, 12:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Bryan should be part of first team plans this coming season?

Yes
78 (57.8%)
No
57 (42.2%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: July 25, 2014, 12:21:01 PM

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on July 20, 2014, 10:57:04 PM
Quote from: Blanco on July 20, 2014, 06:38:07 PM
Can't believe most people still think Ruiz can do the job for us.  fp.gif

they don't
the vast majority think he is a waste of space.
if you have been to any games in the last two and a half years there is no doubt that he is not suited.
i have just come from an event where there were many fulham fans and hardly anyone wanted to see him back.
The poll here is incredible... i support fulham and want to see them better, that means we need better players than ruiz. if he was really any good it would have shown by now.

regardless of opinions I suspect magath will not want him, but will want the fee to help buy someb0dy else.
hopefully he can use the money to replace parker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rock

He would outclass most and would take him in a second IF played properly. I think it's too good to be true if he stayed - but I think he will stay if no one is willing to pay up. Ask Felix.

HatterDon

they don't

strange; the polling looks like more than 50% DO. Perhaps there's a different definition of "vast majority" I've not heard of.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

"Bryan Ruiz's Goal Against Italy Dumps England Out of the World Cup"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10915703/Italy-vs-Costa-Rica-World-Cup-2014-match-report.html

So many articles like this written recently, all with Ruiz's name front and center. 

Riverside

they don't
if you have been to any games in the last two and a half years there is no doubt that he is not suited.
i have just come from an event where there were many fulham fans and hardly anyone wanted to see him back.
The poll here is incredible... i support fulham and want to see them better, that means we need better players than ruiz. if he was really any good it would have shown by now.

regardless of opinions I suspect magath will not want him, but will want the fee to help buy someb0dy else.

The "vast majority" thinks No ?
Yes   - 51 (53.1%)
No   - 45 (46.9%)
Should I challenge your definition of "vast majority" or simply express my view that opinions seem to be very divided .
One of the joys of football is that we can see the same player , based on the same evidence ( games for Fulham and Costa Rica in the World Cup ) and have such diverging views .

Texas White

On what I have seen, he only consistanty does well for Costa Rica. Sure we saw some wonderfull passes but we also saw more instances when he was all too easily pushed off the ball.
If Felix wants him I support the manager. But I suspect its all bluster and he will be sold.

Classic94

No. He wants too much time on the ball, lacks physical presence and has a lazy streak. In three seasons, his game stagnated. We should cut our losses while his stock is high.

Tonywa

I keep thinking of the impact Tarabat had for the Ha-has in the Championship and think Ruiz could achieve similar for Fulham.

MayoDomo

I want him to stick around and here's why.

Over the past 3 years he's shown moments of brilliance, but more often than not has looked like a lost boy among men. That being said, he has consistently been Costa Rica's focal point, including a run to the QFs this WC. Now I know he isn't liked among many, for good reason, but we're a small club playing in the Championship and Bryan, with his potential, is the type of player we want to stick around and take a gamble on. If he performs at his full potential in even half the matches he plays in this season, it will be massive. I think we want to keep him unless we get an option to sell for 10M +. Call me crazy but if we can sort out his issues in England, whether they are psychological, physical, or tactical, he will be one of the best players in the Championship.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

harrison.crow

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 20, 2014, 07:00:50 PM
He was played out of position at Fulham.  He had no support.  Berbatov made things even worse re: Ruiz.  He is arguably the best positional player we have left -- as a trailing or second forward.  Would you play Christiano Ronaldo as a target man or left back?  Of course not.  Did Bryan have a center mid who could get him the ball and to whom he could advance the ball?  We had a pathetic midfield after Dembele and Clint left.  We often lived in our backfield.  And you want to get rid of him?!  And replace him with children?  Pretend all you want that what you saw in the World Cup was a mirage, a mere happenstance, that it's no indication of his quality, of what was hidden by poor Fulham management and supporting cast.  Go on, pretend.  You set this poll up as a self fulfilling prophesy, skewed to get a 'No, sell him' response.  He's the real deal.  So of course it would be the Fulhamish way to get rid of him now, under new management, with new players coming in.  We're all so sure the youngsters will step up and get us back to the EPL.   Yeah, right.  Good luck with that.  

I love this so much as it pretty much echos my entire thoughts.  Why is on another club, such as Betis or even for Costa Rica he that good? Because they enable him and they put the right pieces around him to succed. So tired of this "he's not suited for English football" argument. I hear it all the type with US soccer. It's about how you enable your players and putting them in bad situations with poor supporting pieces.

Yes, he has zero defensive bones in his body, but so long as you don't have overlapping full backs down his wing you'll be okay. I think him leading Fulham up the promotion scale after a World Cup showing will make him that much more valuable piece for the future.

Just my two cents.
Danny Murphy: the last action hero of the Fulham premiership era.

fulhamben

Quote from: harrison.crow on July 21, 2014, 04:48:52 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 20, 2014, 07:00:50 PM
He was played out of position at Fulham.  He had no support.  Berbatov made things even worse re: Ruiz.  He is arguably the best positional player we have left -- as a trailing or second forward.  Would you play Christiano Ronaldo as a target man or left back?  Of course not.  Did Bryan have a center mid who could get him the ball and to whom he could advance the ball?  We had a pathetic midfield after Dembele and Clint left.  We often lived in our backfield.  And you want to get rid of him?!  And replace him with children?  Pretend all you want that what you saw in the World Cup was a mirage, a mere happenstance, that it's no indication of his quality, of what was hidden by poor Fulham management and supporting cast.  Go on, pretend.  You set this poll up as a self fulfilling prophesy, skewed to get a 'No, sell him' response.  He's the real deal.  So of course it would be the Fulhamish way to get rid of him now, under new management, with new players coming in.  We're all so sure the youngsters will step up and get us back to the EPL.   Yeah, right.  Good luck with that. 

I love this so much as it pretty much echos my entire thoughts.  Why is on another club, such as Betis or even for Costa Rica he that good? Because they enable him and they put the right pieces around him to succed. So tired of this "he's not suited for English football" argument. I hear it all the type with US soccer. It's about how you enable your players and putting them in bad situations with poor supporting pieces.

Yes, he has zero defensive bones in his body, but so long as you don't have overlapping full backs down his wing you'll be okay. I think him leading Fulham up the promotion scale after a World Cup showing will make him that much more valuable piece for the future.

Just my two cents.
yes, i dont get the need for attacking players to be excellent defenders. like i said yesterdy. there is 9 players behind him that are meant to do that, so let him get on with things in the final third.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MasterHaynes

Pleasantly surprised the Yes's still have it. From what normally appears on FOF thought those of us who think fulfil a role for us were a very small minority

Riverside

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 21, 2014, 06:13:53 PM
Pleasantly surprised the Yes's still have it. From what normally appears on FOF thought those of us who think fulfil a role for us were a very small minority

Master Haynes I think we are uncovering some FOF code

Yes   - 70 (56.5%) = small minority
No   - 54 (43.5%) = vast majority

Good to have in mind for future discussions .