News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the classiest thing you have ever bought?

Started by General, July 20, 2014, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

It's not about how big and expensive it is, or being a status symbol, I'm not talking about buying a Lamborghini. I'm talking about more elegant and perhaps even subtle purchases.

Aaron

Not sure it counts, but I bought a couple of very nice iPod dock speakers.. I didn't even own an iPod but ended up buying a couple just to dock in them for the sake of completion.  I use them for sound from my TV and various other devices over Bluetooth.  Both of them look quite classy for speakers I guess and the sound quality from both is mindblowing..

Exhibit A:
http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Wireless-Music-Systems/Wireless-Music-Systems/Zeppelin-Air/explore.html

Exhibit B:
http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/product/productDetails.jsp?pid=JBL%20ONBEAT%20XTREME

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Pluto

ron

Quote from: Andy S on July 20, 2014, 11:50:55 PM
Distinguished Guests, My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen A Toastmasters suit and Gabble

Did you gabble, or was it a gavel..?

Lighthouse

A human soul. Just have to wait for a bit until it is officially all mine.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

My made to measure Saville Road Suit from Jasper Littman, cost an arm and a leg but boy it is the Dogs!!!

GloucesterWhite

My wife. Can't remember how much the marriage certificate cost, but it was a bargain. i was her second choice, but fortunately Harrison Ford wasn't available at the time.

ron

Quote from: JBH on July 21, 2014, 09:01:40 AM
My made to measure Saville Road Suit from Jasper Littman, cost an arm and a leg but boy it is the Dogs!!!

Was that Saville Road in Peterborough...?

Bedford White

My wife's engagement ring or maybe the moses basket I bought for my new born baby daughter all those years ago.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FFCAli

I was looking for someone to say an FFC season ticket but clearly no one thinks that counts!

Jonaldiniho 88

Just got a three piece tweed suit and brogues made in Hoi An. Gutted I'm sending it home ahead of me and can't wear it till I get back from my travels.

Blanco

A silver chain from Argos. I'm serious.

JBH

Quote from: ron on July 21, 2014, 09:30:50 AM
Quote from: JBH on July 21, 2014, 09:01:40 AM

Was that Saville Road in Peterborough...?

Oops should be Saville Row

JBH

Quote from: FFCAli on July 21, 2014, 11:37:32 AM
I was looking for someone to say an FFC season ticket but clearly no one thinks that counts!

Thats not classy thats an essential

jarv

A ridiculously expensive pair of Italian shoes from a shop in Bond Street. You know, the shops which do not display the prices. Lasted over 15 years, after many visits to the cobbler for new soles. Well worth it, very comfortable.

More recently, (actually right now) having hardwood flooring installed in 3 rooms of my house. It looks fantastic and I am afraid to walk on the floors in case I damage or mark them.