News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan Building Enormous In-Stadium Video Screen (Jaguars)

Started by Forever Fulham, July 21, 2014, 06:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 22, 2014, 01:49:27 AM
Could it be that a lot of people are now turning to 'soccer' instead of the NFL.
They saw in the WC that the game doesn't stop every 5 minutes for Budweiser/Coors adds
and that a 1 Hour game lasts 4 hours (5/6 at the Superbowl) whereas a 1 hour 30 mins
footie match lasts at most 1 hour 40 minutes with no long breaks in each half.
One thing I found over here is that a lot of people couldn't understand how a 0-0 or 1-0 game
could be exciting. Another thing they learned in the WC that wasn't true.

Their season is 3/4 months with no promotion/relegation.
and if you've little hope of even reaching the playoffs, the season is over in 8/9 weeks.
Ours is 9 months with the thrill of ups/downs    :0(

Everywhere you go now (and I think it's been like it for a while) there are goal posts on school ground
and parks.  Very little sign of the "H'

Plus next year is the ladies WC at which USA are very good, so that should maintain the impetuous attained
from this year.

All in all the NFL is going to suffer, let's hope the big screen doesn't take over in the UK unless
it shows constant replays of QPR or Chelsea conceding
I'm out in Florida regularly and the local county built a new sports facility near where my place is and its like a mini Hackney Marshes, at least 5-6 junior size soccer fields and 7-8 Full size with only 1 American Football pitch. Oh and all with artificial grass must have cost a pretty penny, good to see my taxes are being put to good use.

Blanco

I don't think it's a bad idea. If you're all the way at the back of the stadium and want to see wants going on you can look at the screens. Also get some closeups of the cheerleaders :P