watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Longer Match Highlights vs Crawley Town

Started by VamosFFC, July 21, 2014, 03:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

Crawley Town's Youtube channel posted a longer video of the match highlights. It's 5:23 long, so it will give you a better chance to see how we played.

What does everyone think about the no penalty call for Crawley at the 3:00 min mark? Right or wrong call?

Crawley Town v Fulham

Bill2

Quote from: VamosFFC on July 21, 2014, 03:32:42 PM
Crawley Town's Youtube channel posted a longer video of the match highlights. It's 5:23 long, so it will give you a better chance to see how we played.

What does everyone think about the no penalty call for Crawley at the 3:00 min mark? Right or wrong call?

Crawley Town v Fulham
Stonewall penalty, but the player had played the ball and it was probably in the keepers arms before he was tackled.

alfie

Quote from: Bill2 on July 21, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

Crawley Town v Fulham
Stonewall penalty, but the player had played the ball and it was probably in the keepers arms before he was tackled.

Does anyone know where the saying "Stonewall penalty" comes from? i an not sure what a stonewall has to do with a penalty

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2014, 04:55:27 PM
Quote from: Bill2 on July 21, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

Crawley Town v Fulham

Does anyone know where the saying "Stonewall penalty" comes from? i an not sure what a stonewall has to do with a penalty

You're right it should be "Stonebonker penalty"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lighthouse

Stonewall means nothing more than a wall made of stone. Something that was put up to stop ramblers rambling and animals having a wander.  So a stonewall penalty or a stonewall anything is just something that cannot be ignored. Originally a Scottish term so I am led to believe.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

I think the expression has been replaced over the years with cast iron and concrete.

Fulham1959

Should be "stone cold", I think.

But once some expert like Alan Shearer starts using and repeating the expression, it becomes part of the language.

harrison.crow

I am pretty impressed by Kostas Stafylidis. I like his movement, involvement in the attack and the fact that he's one of the first ones back on defense. I think he could be one of the most underrated moves of the window.
Danny Murphy: the last action hero of the Fulham premiership era.

MasterHaynes

I think if Senderos had made those two desperate tackles (penalty and the other late in the first half their player coming in from the left)instead of Hutchison the knives would be out already.

DevonFFC

I know it's crawly but we look so much sharper and movement off the ball is better, the fresh young legs looking for the ball all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valdeingruo

The thing that strikes me the most about Crawley, is that players were committing to tackles. I'm not saying all of them were the best challenges, but when was the last time we had a player run and slide in an effort to block a goal. I think it was Stafydilis who I am referring to.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cmg

I don't attach much importance to pre-season friendlies, but one thing I have been pleased to note: I've seen more proper, defence splitting passes from the likes of David, Christensen, Woodrow, even Rodellega than I saw from the first team the whole of last season.

Milo

Didn't have control of the ball so wouldn't have been given. That said, clumsy tackle and you couldn't argue if it had been. He had done the hard part and kept him wide-ish before shooting... So stay on your feet...

Anyway, looked like Crawley gave as good as they got. Our defence looked shaky at times. A championship team might have beaten us with the chances Crawley had. Saw the odd free header and last ditch clearance.

Personnel have changed but frailties still there? Perhaps being harsh basing it off one performance but still.. We aren't far away now. Perhaps the defensive coaching isn't up to scratch?

b+w geezer

Quote from: Milo on July 21, 2014, 09:56:30 PM
Anyway, looked like Crawley gave as good as they got.
That would be the editing. There were a few scares, but reckon that 100% of them were shown in this selection, by no means the case the other way round. We ought to have had more of the game and in reality did, but that is agreed as no guide to when we play Ipswich.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Milo on July 21, 2014, 09:56:30 PM
Didn't have control of the ball so wouldn't have been given. That said, clumsy tackle and you couldn't argue if it had been. He had done the hard part and kept him wide-ish before shooting... So stay on your feet...

Anyway, looked like Crawley gave as good as they got. Our defence looked shaky at times. A championship team might have beaten us with the chances Crawley had. Saw the odd free header and last ditch clearance.

Personnel have changed but frailties still there? Perhaps being harsh basing it off one performance but still.. We aren't far away now. Perhaps the defensive coaching isn't up to scratch?

I'd say a tad harsh with the gaffer mixing and chopping the team up a bit - but you are correct in the observation, those frailties need to be addressed immediately and before the the start of the season rather than trying to fix it during the season.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"