Sky Bet Odds of promotion to Premier League 2014/2015:

Promotion
Cardiff 9/4  Derby 11/4  Wigan 3/1  Fulham 3/1  
Norwich 100/30  Watford 5/1  Reading 6/1  Nottingham Forest 6/1  
Brighton 6/1  Wolves 13/2  Bolton 13/2  Blackburn 13/2  
Ipswich 13/2  Bournemouth 13/2  Middlesbrough 13/2  Leeds 10/1  
Sheff Wed 11/1  Brentford 11/1  Birmingham 14/1  Huddersfield 16/1  
Millwall 16/1  Rotherham 18/1  Charlton 18/1  Blackpool 33/1  

Apparently only Carfiff and Derby are more likely than us to get promoted. My first thought is "we're not that good..."

MayoDomo

Norwich 100/30

Also known as 10/3? Or am I missing something...
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Lighthouse

With the squad we have at the moment I just don't see it. There are so many positions that are iffy at best. Still who knows some big signings may be coming our way.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

Quote from: MayoDomo on July 21, 2014, 03:56:17 PM
Norwich 100/30

Also known as 10/3? Or am I missing something...

They wrote it, I didn't. Perhaps there a 100 min because it's such a great bet.

millsy

100/30 is the old way bookies used to quote odds. I think some used to shout Burlington Bertie - 100 to 30. Not sure why this changed but still think 100/30 sounds better than 10/3 but that could just be me.

fulhamben

Quote from: millsy on July 21, 2014, 04:18:54 PM
100/30 is the old way bookies used to quote odds. I think some used to shout Burlington Bertie - 100 to 30. Not sure why this changed but still think 100/30 sounds better than 10/3 but that could just be me.
everytime ive heard those odds, its always 100 to 30. with the occassional burlington thrown in. never know why though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

you are correct. for me 100/30 sounds a lot better
Every day is a Fulham day

harrison.crow

Quote from: The Rock on July 21, 2014, 03:54:36 PM
Sky Bet Odds of promotion to Premier League 2014/2015:

Promotion
Cardiff 9/4  Derby 11/4  Wigan 3/1  Fulham 3/1  
Norwich 100/30  Watford 5/1  Reading 6/1  Nottingham Forest 6/1  
Brighton 6/1  Wolves 13/2  Bolton 13/2  Blackburn 13/2  
Ipswich 13/2  Bournemouth 13/2  Middlesbrough 13/2  Leeds 10/1  
Sheff Wed 11/1  Brentford 11/1  Birmingham 14/1  Huddersfield 16/1  
Millwall 16/1  Rotherham 18/1  Charlton 18/1  Blackpool 33/1  

Apparently only Carfiff and Derby are more likely than us to get promoted. My first thought is "we're not that good..."

I think its okay to feel as though we're not as good as "that" type of prediction. That said, I can't believe this club is as bad as what they played last year. Everything bad that could happen, did. We hit an unprecedented 90% of possible bad situations. I don't see that happening this year, we're bound for some positive regression.
Danny Murphy: the last action hero of the Fulham premiership era.

MayoDomo

My natural instinct to always reduce my fractions got the better of me I suppose. :) Thanks for the explanation.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

ChesterTheTabby

Do people here seriously think Cardiff have a better shot of promotion than we do this season? I understand the reality of the situation but lets also have some backbone and grit, we need to toss some determination/optimism in with reality.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Nero

People say its a tough league is it tough or just full of a lot of mediocre teams

Lighthouse

Quote from: maoconnor on July 21, 2014, 05:14:57 PM
Do people here seriously think Cardiff have a better shot of promotion than we do this season? I understand the reality of the situation but lets also have some backbone and grit, we need to toss some determination/optimism in with reality.

No we don't. Optimism and grit don't give a toss when reality comes around. We haven't yet got a squad good enough for promotion. No amount of pretending will make it so. Still plenty of time to improve.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Nero on July 21, 2014, 05:21:39 PM
People say its a tough league is it tough or just full of a lot of mediocre teams

It is a long hard league full of good teams. Right now we are at best look good enough for halfway. We look a mediocre squad with a few good players.

Riversider

Let's see how good Cardiff look once Caulker, Medal and Campbell leave ! Still favourites then ? I'd like to think that our squad can only get stronger by Sept 1st, whereby they might not to be able those 3 decent players.

harrison.crow

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2014, 05:23:47 PM

No we don't. Optimism and grit don't give a toss when reality comes around. We haven't yet got a squad good enough for promotion. No amount of pretending will make it so. Still plenty of time to improve.

Curious as to why you think we are mediocre club in the Championship? I get Derby County, I'm convinced their the best club (so long as they can continue to hold onto their youngsters), Norwich too. But we've got some good attackers and potential in youth for depth that a lot of other clubs are being forced into relying on. I get just being cautiously optimistic but... I feel that's pushing into the negative perception of our club.
Danny Murphy: the last action hero of the Fulham premiership era.

mangoputney

If we buy that quality CM or 2 we've needed for three plus years then were playoffs minimum

No way we should be 3/1... 6/1 group is who I think we'll finish amongst

This season will be too much too soon
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

btings

9 teams are 6/1 or better.  15 teams (3/4 of the table!) are 13/2 or better.  That's a stacked league.

33/1 for Blackpool seems like terrible odds.

MayoDomo

Quote from: btings on July 21, 2014, 06:14:19 PM
9 teams are 6/1 or better.  15 teams (3/4 of the table!) are 13/2 or better.  That's a stacked league.

33/1 for Blackpool seems like terrible odds.

It's more of an indication that the betting gurus that run these companies have no idea what's going to happen between now and the end of the season. (In terms of signings, injuries, etc.)

crazycottager

Quote from: harrison.crow on July 21, 2014, 06:03:02 PM

Curious as to why you think we are mediocre club in the Championship? I get Derby County, I'm convinced their the best club (so long as they can continue to hold onto their youngsters), Norwich too. But we've got some good attackers and potential in youth for depth that a lot of other clubs are being forced into relying on. I get just being cautiously optimistic but... I feel that's pushing into the negative perception of our club.

He's right, don't count us out just yet, we're not to be sniffed at either.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: crazycottager on July 21, 2014, 11:43:52 PM
Quote from: harrison.crow on July 21, 2014, 06:03:02 PM

He's right, don't count us out just yet, we're not to be sniffed at either.

And that is merely all I was getting at.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"