News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll- how many of our u18s will make it in the premiership?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 21, 2014, 04:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of our u18s will make it in the premiership one day?

rodak
7 (8.4%)
sheckleford
4 (4.8%)
donnelly
32 (38.6%)
burgess
44 (53%)
evans
8 (9.6%)
o halloran
8 (9.6%)
sambou
10 (12%)
hyndman
52 (62.7%)
williams
50 (60.2%)
roberts
74 (89.2%)
dembele
68 (81.9%)
smile
3 (3.6%)
None of them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

dannyboi-ffc

First of all you can vote for anything from 1- 12 or vote none of them if thats what you think. Can everyone avoid voting for someone and also voting none of them as that makes for a false reading and it would be interesting to see what the majority go with.

I for one am very proud to have such a good academy and when I look to southampton and their academy, not only is it good but so many of them seem to take that next step and become men capable of mixing with the big boys. So many kids that have bags of potential slip away into the lower reaches and never make that next hurdle, with our lads at this stage it is pure guess work but from what you've seen, who will go on and play in the premier league one day? Regardless of if its at 21 or 30years old.

Im going for 4, williams, roberts, burgess, donnelly in that order. A big call to leave out dembele or hyndman but like I said, some of the best fall away and from what ive seen dembele probably is the most likely of the young stars to fade away in my eyes.

I hope im wrong and lets try and make this a positive of how many will flourish, 1 is more than were used to anyway so dont assume im being negative of moussa please.He will probably make it in the french ligue1 instead.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

There is no such Division as the Premiership, unless you are talking Rugby. However, there is an English Premier League, and any number of the Academy players could hold their own in the top Division.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MasterHaynes

To early to call on Rodak and possibly even Roberts, couple of maybes but dependent on how we use them Sambou and Evans both have potential, Sambou could certainly have done a better job than Parker on saturday but Evans showed he is a great Left Back yet it looks like he may have to revert to hs forward role as we have Richards and Kavanagh in that position who strangely are missing from your list along with Passeley who if we pass on him I'm sure will make it somewhere else

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 21, 2014, 05:38:25 PM
There is no such Division as the Premiership, unless you are talking Rugby. However, there is an English Premier League, and any number of the Academy players could hold their own in the top Division.

Does it make you feel important to correct the most trivial thing. I think it was quite obvious what I meant

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

MayoDomo

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 21, 2014, 06:40:28 PM

Does it make you feel important to correct the most trivial thing. I think it was quite obvious what I meant

Stay strong and ignore him Danny. :) It's the only way it goes away.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

MJG

Define 'make it' please?
Is it regarding number of apps or years played in the PL?

For example did Briggs make it?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2014, 06:56:49 PM
Define 'make it' please?
Is it regarding number of apps or years played in the PL?

For example did Briggs make it?

Fair question, I would say you've either gotta have 1 whole season of being a starter or a consistant squad player for 2or 3years. I wouldnt say briggs made it as he only made cameos here and there and only played as a last resort based on injuries. He was never there on merit.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

MJG

Just so I know are we going to make this a sticky for the next 12 years just so we can keep a check ;-)

Done

simplyfulham

There is no such Division as the English Premier League, unless you possibly meant the English Defence League. However, there is a Football Association Premier League – officially known as the Barclays Premier League.

Blanco

Roberts & Dembele off the top of my head.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on July 21, 2014, 07:42:13 PM
Just so I know are we going to make this a sticky for the next 12 years just so we can keep a check ;-)

Done

0001.jpeg   we should definitely do that! I bet the ones we all think will make it are the ones that fall flat on their face and the likes of smile captain england one day. It bet its happened before

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

PeterFFC

No need to be silly about it, and he asked who you thought would make it in the "English Premier League" so you say who you think, and any number doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Oh and if you're so keen to call it by it's correct name it's the 'Barclays Premier League'.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think 4 will make it.... One of my choices is not Roberts though.... I might be wrong, and I hope I am, but unless Roberts can bulk up slightly has no chance. He has looked very ineffective in every game he has played so far against adults. Still got a lot to learn, and has huge potential, but we need to look after him. I would not like to see him in and around our first team this season.

Tonywa

A pedant writes..........................

Another pedant writes. 

You are obviously not aware that there is more than one code of Rugby.  If you mean Rugby Union rather than League it would be helpful if you were more specific.  Thank you.

A further pedant asks; Why do you suppose the original poster would be asking which members of the Fulham Youth set-up would be successful in Rugby Union? 

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on July 22, 2014, 08:46:38 AM
I think 4 will make it.... One of my choices is not Roberts though.... I might be wrong, and I hope I am, but unless Roberts can bulk up slightly has no chance. He has looked very ineffective in every game he has played so far against adults. Still got a lot to learn, and has huge potential, but we need to look after him. I would not like to see him in and around our first team this season.

I can see where your coming from with this,  they wont all make it to the top and thats why I left out dembele. Out of interest what 4 did you go for?

Also a quick question for everyone, your probably getting fed up with me going on about the burgess/ donnelly debate but again burgess is proving more popular. I dont get it, I was of the impression everyone on here rated donnelly more. I thought I was in a very small minority in the burgess fan club but clearly not

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Pluto

I was very harsh and only voted for Williams, Roberts, Hyndman and Dembele. I think others are in with a shot and several should at least cut it at Championship level, even if they don't establish themselves at the very top level.

dannyboi-ffc

I dont want to come across as nasty but were the 2 votes for smile out of pity?
He's the only one I am certain will never make it ,  conference at best. Just not good enough and I think the difference o halloran made when he replaced him in the cup games showed that
Too early to argue with anyone else getting picked, they are all talented lads. Not a big fan of the keeper though

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 22, 2014, 04:02:44 PM
He's the only one I am certain will never make it ,  conference at best. Just not good enough and I think the difference o halloran made when he replaced him in the cup games showed that
Too early to argue with anyone else getting picked, they are all talented lads. Not a big fan of the keeper though
And you are basing that on what? How many times live (or even full game on tv) have you actually seen Smile play?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on July 22, 2014, 04:54:39 PM
He's the only one I am certain will never make it ,  conference at best. Just not good enough and I think the difference o halloran made when he replaced him in the cup games showed that
And you are basing that on what? How many times live (or even full game on tv) have you actually seen Smile play?

Quite a few times actually, my sisters boyfriend- also a fulham fan lives in motspur park and we've been to a number of games the past year. You get in free if you bring your season ticket, also the home vs reading in the cup and both legs of the final. About 10 times id say.

Dont worry Im not a fan who makes these judgements from my armchair, ive missed 5 home games in 15 years so I make my judgements on everything from what I see live.

Are you a smile fan then?

Just remembered he only played about 10mins of 2nd leg but ive seen him enough to have an opinion

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 22, 2014, 05:20:25 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 22, 2014, 04:54:39 PM

Quite a few times actually, my sisters boyfriend- also a fulham fan lives in motspur park and we've been to a number of games the past year. You get in free if you bring your season ticket, also the home vs reading in the cup and both legs of the final. About 10 times id say.

Dont worry Im not a fan who makes these judgements from my armchair, ive missed 5 home games in 15 years so I make my judgements on everything from what I see live.

Are you a smile fan then?

Just remembered he only played about 10mins of 2nd leg but ive seen him enough to have an opinion
I am a fan and last week at Walton he was one of the better players. Looks as if he has toughed up over the summer and did not look out of place. I too make a good number of u21/youth games and everyones view is different, which is why its a great game.