watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan Signings?

Started by Tempest, July 21, 2014, 05:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Marin from CFC was mentioned on here earlier as a suggested loan signing, kind of got shot down in flames as it was thought he wouldn't drop to the Fizzy Pop league but for me, I'd rather promote someone from u21.

But my question is, do loan signings work? As a loan signing Lukaku has done well at everton but other than that not really sure anyone stands out and really affected a teams position greatly, more to the point, can't think of a loan signing that has really influenced Fulham?

There have been crowd favorites for sure, Vincenzo Montella for a start but he didn't drag to the top 6 or to an FA Cup final. Have we had a really positive loan signing? Andy Cole scored a few but wasn't prolific as DeFoe was at Bournemouth. Struggling to think of any.
Live in Falmouth!

MayoDomo

Loan signings are generally mutually beneficial. That's why they happen all the time.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

FPT

I'm not a fan of them (in terms of incoming) personally, unless there's an option to buy. It's fine and useful when you have young players who needs some seasoning at a higher level; but without an option to buy, it's such a short term philosophy that I don't want Fulham to be a part of.

No doubt that we could benefit short term from loaning someone in, but if they're too good for you, what are you going to do the next year? You're always sort of looking to match that quality.

WhiteJC

the Pog, Reither, both did OK for us as loan signings

beijing ben

Well it was me that suggested Marin and whilst i realise that particular one is unlikely i think loan signings can work. Players that are on the periphary of first team squads in the premiership need game time and we can take advantage of that. Wasnt Boa Morte on loan the season we came up?..

Tempest

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 21, 2014, 06:08:37 PM

They did indeed, but anyone do more than OK?? Pog was on fire then vanished, reither was very good I agree. Pretty sure we had a forward on loan in the good old Div 3 or 4 days that banged some goals in and we couldn't afford to keep him. Name just isn't coming to me right now
Live in Falmouth!

Tempest

Quote from: beijing ben on July 21, 2014, 06:36:09 PM
Well it was me that suggested Marin and whilst i realise that particular one is unlikely i think loan signings can work. Players that are on the periphary of first team squads in the premiership need game time and we can take advantage of that. Wasnt Boa Morte on loan the season we came up?..
Was indeed, good shout, very influential - that's the sort of loan signing I was thinking of, made a difference.
Live in Falmouth!

Captain Fulhamerica

Loan signings can be hit or miss, but I thought Holtby was a good player for us (although I don't think he was used well by management).  I think we could use a talented winger in the Marin mold, although I would be hesitant to bring in a CM or CB. 

jmh

Quote from: Tempest on July 21, 2014, 05:50:31 PM
But my question is, do loan signings work? As a loan signing Lukaku has done well at everton but other than that not really sure anyone stands out and really affected a teams position greatly...
Thibaut Courtois helped Atletico win their first league title in almost 20 years.  Marcello Trotta helped Brentford win promotion.  Loan signings work if the player is good enough, no different from permanent signings.  Marko Marin on loan would probably work, because he's good; Darren Bent on loan did not work, because he's terrible (at this point in his career). 

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 21, 2014, 06:08:37 PM
Pog was not a loan.  Why do people keep saying he was?  He was signed permanently from Stuttgart.

fulhamben

luis boa morte did pretty well for us on loan from the saints
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

Inamoto bagged the Intertoto with his hattrick on a 2 year loan.
Volzy initially signed on loan and stuck around . Theres plenty of great loan signings about

ToodlesMcToot

Shaktar Donetsk seem to have a few players with no place to play. We might bag a player or two from them on loan.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

valdeingruo

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 22, 2014, 12:41:01 AM
Shaktar Donetsk seem to have a few players with no place to play. We might bag a player or two from them on loan.

No kidding, with 7(?) of their major stars refusing to return, I can imagine a few clubs getting a good deal. However, England probably wont be the destination as they are mostly Brazilian and unlikely to get a permit.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

cookieg

PokerMatt

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

Didn't Teddy Maybank come to us on loan before we bought him? He was great and we sold him to Brighton. Where he failed and was sold back to us and looked half the played he once was. Funny things footballers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pie and mash

Wouldn't mind Giles Barnes back in the MLS down season

dannyboi-ffc

I dont know how popular he was amongst you guys but for anyone who went during our 2 years at loftus road martin djetou was one of my favourite players from that team. He was a 2 year loan and I was gutted we didnt keep him but then we signed diop which worked out quite well.

Wome did well in the handful of games he played.

Montella was loved, stalteri did a solid job in the great escape. Bridge  did well too.

Most loan signings have worked for us, theres always a handful that dont but our loan signing success rate is id imagine around 75 percent where as at present our over 10 mill signings aj, marlet, mitroglue and ruiz are probably at about 5 percent between them.

Maybe we should loan the whole team and even try and get a manager on loan too, it seems to work for us

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dgnffc

Going back further, Andy Thomas was a great loan signing for us in the season we just failed to go up to Div 1 after THAT Derby match. In fact, not signing him permanently is generally felt as the main reason why we didn't go up that season.