News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I met a fan in Cyprus! No not an electric cooling one...

Started by bog, July 21, 2014, 07:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I have just come back from a week in Cyprus where the main event was the wedding of my youngest daughter. However, on first day I wore an FFC shirt to give me some beach cred and then on the second day I was ordering a drink and this chap started talking to me, asking if I was a supporter as he was! I have never ever met a fellow fan abroad ever! I just wondered if he posts on here. Obviously i could attract a real wind up here. I only met him the once, I have this effect on people, and have forgotten his name as my memory is going but he has a son called Elliot. Are you there? If you say the place we were staying when we met this would deter a class one wind up!   

Thank you and good night.

092.gif   

leonffc

There is a fan from Cyprus on here but I doubt its your 'friend'. He owns a bar called the Cottage pub. It is the sign that is on my avatar, a friend used to holiday out there and took the photo. The owner messaged me and remembers my friends as they have a mutual friend.
Actually it might be northern Cyprus but I cant remember

bobby01

This sounds like a post for people with bad memories, if I remember correctly what the topic was.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

mungos beans

I saw another fulham fan this morning in tenterden  high st you was driving a box lorry with a big fulham flag on the cab bulk head.Any one on here?

Blanco

Quote from: mungos beans on July 21, 2014, 09:38:02 PM
I saw another fulham fan this morning in tenterden  high st you was driving a box lorry with a big fulham flag on the cab bulk head.Any one on here?
I was walking through Wimbledon a couple weeks ago and a big lorry drove by with a huge fulham badge on the back.

leonffc

Quote from: leonffc on July 21, 2014, 08:27:48 PM
There is a fan from Cyprus on here but I doubt its your 'friend'. He owns a bar called the Cottage pub. It is the sign that is on my avatar, a friend used to holiday out there and took the photo. The owner messaged me and remembers my friends as they have a mutual friend.

His name on here is 'the cyprus one'

Admin

Wouldn't be Northern Cyprus, my old man has a place out there, and if there was a Cottage pub, I wouldn't here the last of it.

cookieg

Quote from: bog on July 21, 2014, 07:19:15 PM
I have just come back from a week in Cyprus where the main event was the wedding of my youngest daughter. However, on first day I wore an FFC shirt to give me some beach cred and then on the second day I was ordering a drink and this chap started talking to me, asking if I was a supporter as he was! I have never ever met a fellow fan abroad ever! I just wondered if he posts on here. Obviously i could attract a real wind up here. I only met him the once, I have this effect on people, and have forgotten his name as my memory is going but he has a son called Elliot. Are you there? If you say the place we were staying when we met this would deter a class one wind up!   

Thank you and good night.

092.gif   

Was the bloke Scottish?

JHaynes Paperboy

The sign you have as your avatar is from the Cottage Pub in Pervolia about 10k from Larnaca, had a few drinks in there about 5 years ago, not sure that it is still open now?

leonffc

I was probably thinking of your old man Admin. I knew someone went there.

Yeah, I'm sure it is JH paperboy. It was only last year that 'the Cyprus one' contacted me.

bog

Morning fellow fans. Thanks for your replies. I think this chap came from Epsom. I wish I had seen that Craven Cottage pub! Don't get old folks cos the ageing memory can tend to get on one's nerves....

092.gif 

Tinkataylor

Yes I lived there in Cyprus and would go to the bar on Saturdays or Sunday depending on what day Fulham was playin. It's in povolia near Kiti. I was there last week and it's still there. COUW.

grandad

I can´t stand Greece or Cyprus. The olive oil they use is so bitter unlike the oil in Spain,Italy & France. Fetta cheese which is on everything is horrible.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Classic94

How bizarre! Coral Beach by any chance? It's a stunning place and I hope that you enjoyed your daughters wedding. My Dad said that he met another Fulham fan and I think he was just as surprised as you! He also mentioned that you were quite optimistic about next season? Funny enough I bumped into another FFC supporter in Paphos town the next evening. It's a small world!

leonffc

I can see a few heading out on a pilgrimage to the Cottage pub now. Except Grandad obviously.

Blanco

Quote from: grandad on July 22, 2014, 12:19:34 PM
I can´t stand Greece or Cyprus. The olive oil they use is so bitter unlike the oil in Spain,Italy & France. Fetta cheese which is on everything is horrible.
How can you dislike a whole country because of Fetta cheese!?

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Tinkataylor on July 22, 2014, 11:07:47 AM
Yes I lived there in Cyprus and would go to the bar on Saturdays or Sunday depending on what day Fulham was playin. It's in povolia near Kiti. I was there last week and it's still there. COUW.

If I remember rightly there was a Chinese restaurant next door or opposite?

grandad

Quote from: Blanco on July 22, 2014, 12:55:39 PM

I also dislike Moussaka, Ouzo. the language, their dancing & the mess they make smashing plates.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: grandad on July 22, 2014, 01:11:59 PM
Quote from: Blanco on July 22, 2014, 12:55:39 PM

I also dislike Moussaka, Ouzo. the language, their dancing & the mess they make smashing plates.

Saga do some good holidays to Cyprus.

Ed

I live in Cyprus, in the Paphos area, quite a few FFC fans here. I have met the guy from the Cottage pub, good guy.