watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone who doesn't instantly confirm loyalty to FFC can go

Started by Bradstow, June 16, 2010, 05:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

Never really made up my mind whether I liked Hodgson's management skills - far too negative football for my liking. However, if he is considering leaving he should go as soon as possible. I have been 100% Fulham for nearly 60 years and that is what I want from manager and players. Anything less is not good for the Club.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Tom

Fulham for life!

The Equalizer

I think that's a bit of a strong opinion Bradstow. These players and managers are not necessarily supporters of the club, they are just people trying to earn a living. If a better challenge, career advancement or a big payrise came your way would you take it? I assume that you would, it's common sense.

Our desire for players to play for us isn't enough to swing their choices.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

No offence Bradstow but this seems like a massive overreaction.

Calling into question his management style is also unnecessary. He may be more defensive but for a club like fulham to get to a MAJOR EUROPEAN FINAL we need defensive solidity. A team of our size could never outgun the likes of Shakhtar and Juve.

If he goes, he goes, but I will still think of him as the best Fulham manager ever, bar none.

Welcome to the board though!

TonyGilroy

He has done a superb job for us and I hope he stays.

If he goes though my concern, solely, will be how that impacts on us and who we can get to replace him.

He's entitled to leave and I wouldn't blame him for taking the Liverpool job but (and I'm not proud of this) I'd be hoping that he falls flat on his face and bitterly regrets leaving a job that was perfect for him.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 16, 2010, 11:27:43 AM

He has done a superb job for us and I hope he stays.

If he goes though my concern, solely, will be how that impacts on us and who we can get to replace him.

He's entitled to leave and I wouldn't blame him for taking the Liverpool job but (and I'm not proud of this) I'd be hoping that he falls flat on his face and bitterly regrets leaving a job that was perfect for him.

good old schadenfreude!

I would wish him all the best. There is also potential for him to fail at liverpool then rescue Fulham from relegation (again).

Lighthouse

I find it slightly sad that our manager has said nothing and seems willing to leave if a better job comes along. Loyalty sadly has died and left many years ago. But I also think we can look forward to a new manager if Roy does leave. I will say again that Roy was our best manager ever but we have an old squad and a defensive side so change is coming with or without Roy.

I am sure Big Al and his advisers will have sorted out our next manager if Roy jumps ship. Loyalty though is for us but not for them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Sad Beambonce? He may not have had an opportunity considering he's out in SA doing punditry.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Airfix

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 16, 2010, 12:12:02 PM
I find it slightly sad that our manager has said nothing and seems willing to leave if a better job comes along.

I see "nothing said" as a positive sign.  Why add to speculation and gossip, it's just not his way.

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 16, 2010, 12:43:02 PM
Sad Beambonce? He may not have had an opportunity considering he's out in SA doing punditry.

He's going today, been in the UK up until now.

The Equalizer

FFCBadger

I have upmost respect for Roy, and appreciate how far he has taken this club in such a short period of time on a limited budget. For a club such as ours to reach a major European final, when only 2 seasons ago we were tittering on the brink of relegation is quite remarkable, and I would have considered it an impossibility when Roy joined the club. RH has done wonders for Fulham, and the clubs standing amongst Europe's elite, and for that I simply cannot find it within myself to dislike or question Roy's motives or the man himself, however, the situation in regards to Liverpool is becoming increasingly tedious.

Up to now, Roy has been faultless when conducting himself with the media and fans, however for the benefit of the club and it's supporters he should come out and clarify his standing concerning the perceived interest in the Liverpool job (or not as the case may be). The longer this drags on, the uncertainty amongst the fans and the players, aswell as everyone involved within the club will grow. It's all very unsettling. I feel if he were to leave now, he would have undoubtedly left the club 'in the lurch'. The fact that he (Roy) has chosen to remain silent suggests to me that he is almost certainly considering his position at the club, should Liverpool attempt to 'poach' him from us as has been reported by the media, but I find everything surrounding this fiasco very tiresome and very un-nerving. Whether Roy is (as it appears) considering leaving the club, or if he (as i hope) intends to stay if/when approached he should just say so, the fact that this story has lingered for so long, when the club should be looking to kick on from last season, is very irritating, and also indicates a great lack of respect on Liverpool's behalf. This is why club's such as ourselves may never establish themselves within the PL's/Europe's elite, as the larger and more fashionable clubs are allowed to continuously cherrypick our outstanding assets year after year. Why the f*ck should we have to disrupt our plans for the upcoming season, waiting for Liverpool to make a decision in regards to our manager.

I may be misinterpreting the situation, but from what I can see, it doesn't look good, and it appears as though either Roy or Liverpool maybe f*cking us around. I hope Im wrong however, and my views represent nothing more than wild assumptions born out of frustation.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

There can be no doubt that Roy's silence means at the very least that he's open to an offer from Liverpool.

What we don't know is whether there have been serious or any negotiations. My hunch is that for all the press speculation Liverpool either haven't decided or have another target in mind. Roy may therefore feel that he has nothing to deny whilst hoping that an approach may be made and keeping his options open.

If Liverpool want Hodgson and he's itching to go I don't understand why the marriage hasn't been consummated and a public announcement made. The object of Liverpool's desire is about to board a plane heading south.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FFCBadger on June 16, 2010, 02:25:00 PM
I have upmost respect for Roy, and appreciate how far he has taken this club in such a short period of time on a limited budget. For a club such as ours to reach a major European final, when only 2 seasons ago we were tittering on the brink of relegation is quite remarkable, and I would have considered it an impossibility when Roy joined the club. RH has done wonders for Fulham, and the clubs standing amongst Europe's elite, and for that I simply cannot find it within myself to dislike or question Roy's motives or the man himself, however, the situation in regards to Liverpool is becoming increasingly tedious.

Up to now, Roy has been faultless when conducting himself with the media and fans, however for the benefit of the club and it's supporters he should come out and clarify his standing concerning the perceived interest in the Liverpool job (or not as the case may be). The longer this drags on, the uncertainty amongst the fans and the players, aswell as everyone involved within the club will grow. It's all very unsettling. I feel if he were to leave now, he would have undoubtedly left the club 'in the lurch'. The fact that he (Roy) has chosen to remain silent suggests to me that he is almost certainly considering his position at the club, should Liverpool attempt to 'poach' him from us as has been reported by the media, but I find everything surrounding this fiasco very tiresome and very un-nerving. Whether Roy is (as it appears) considering leaving the club, or if he (as i hope) intends to stay if/when approached he should just say so, the fact that this story has lingered for so long, when the club should be looking to kick on from last season, is very irritating, and also indicates a great lack of respect on Liverpool's behalf. This is why club's such as ourselves may never establish themselves within the PL's/Europe's elite, as the larger and more fashionable clubs are allowed to continuously cherrypick our outstanding assets year after year. Why the f*ck should we have to disrupt our plans for the upcoming season, waiting for Liverpool to make a decision in regards to our manager.

I may be misinterpreting the situation, but from what I can see, it doesn't look good, and it appears as though either Roy or Liverpool maybe f*cking us around. I hope Im wrong however, and my views represent nothing more than wild assumptions born out of frustation.

The way I read it is this:

Roy would consider the job at liverpool but needs to a) get offered the job and b) suss out the situation at the club.

The fact he has not come out and said anything is not suprising, if he was it would jeapordise his situation because all that anyone has heard so far is complete speculation. Roy does not comment on speculation (see any questions to him asking about signing players).

I don't think Roy owes anyone an explanation, if he goes, he goes a hero, if he stays, he stays a legend. I see the fact that he is not conducting his affairs in the press (a la Redknapp) as very honourable.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

with everybody saying that he is staying,why can't he come out and say that himself? he must know what he is doing to the club and the fans and the fact he hasn't said he staying means he is atleast thinking about the Liverpool job.If he goes I want him to go in the next week,we have to get a replacement in as soon as possible,get them to "get to know" the players,the longer this goes on the more harm it will do to the club,and thats the ONLY thing that matters-the club :clap_hands:

FFCBadger

Yeah, Roy has always handled himself with a great deal of dignity with regards to 'speculation', however, I believe that everyone wants this resolved one way or another. It would be ideal for Roy to come out and state his intentions - whether he plans to stay or not, rather than the club being left in limbo as it is now, with players reported to follow the manager out the door should Roy join the scousers.

It would be nice to know where the club stands for next season, because as it is, it's realistic to believe that the core of the squad maybe dismantled should Roy make for the exit, with the likes of Schwarzer, Konchesky Hangeland, Zamora and Gera all being strongly linked with moves away. If he came out now and said he was staying, I could be alot more optimistic towards our ambitions for next season.

LordNelson

1.  Roy is not going to say or do anything during the World Cup that would be a distraction to the England squad or any individuals about their club teams.

2.  I think Roy would like the England job more than Liverpool and is waiting to see if Cappello buggers it up and gets "resigned" before committing to anything.

3.  I'm for playing "Rule, Britannia" before our World Cup matches instead of "God Save the Queen."
--Much more inspirational!
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

finnster01

Quote from: LordNelson on June 16, 2010, 05:27:20 PM

3.  I'm for playing "Rule, Britannia" before our World Cup matches instead of "God Save the Queen."
--Much more inspirational!
Amen to that Mr Nelson
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fernhurst

( in a deep voice) "I'm with you Bradster" (welcome to the board BTW)

Fair wind to their collective arses  :014:

TheDon

has anyone thought that ffc might be keeping this quiet?

maybe they want a bit of compo from lfc.