watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone who doesn't instantly confirm loyalty to FFC can go

Started by Bradstow, June 16, 2010, 05:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

If Roy had the tongue of Mourinho, his desires would be public knowledge long ago.  The WC is messing everything up by delaying news on Roy and possibly a last minute scramble for new signings after a replacement is brought in.  Hopefully Al Fayed has plans B and C. 
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: TheDon on June 16, 2010, 06:59:55 PM
has anyone thought that ffc might be keeping this quiet?

maybe they want a bit of compo from lfc.

£2million was one rumor.  A pittance.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

blingo

Rule Brittania? Surely it has to be Land of Hope and Glory? You sailors do stick together lol. :dft011:

LBNo11

...err right, does that extend to players as well Bradstow? Anyway, the old national anthem argument begins to hi-jack the thread, I wish somebody would set these words by Bill Shakespeare to music:-

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

He doth have a way with words by sirrah...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

There appears to be more speculation than fact, and more rumours than truth to much of what we have seen concerning the Liverpool and Roy link.

All I have read are headlines like: "Roy Hodgson still favourite for Liverpool job ahead of Kenny Dalglish" from the Guardian, with commentary such as: "However, despite Dalglish's desire for the job and his popularity, the Liverpool board's preference is for a manager in the game and with recent European experience, and Fulham's Hodgson remains their leading choice. The 62-year-old has been under consideration since Benítez's departure last week and although no official approach has been made to Fulham for their manager, who is on holiday, Liverpool are interested."

I have very little doubt that there are few clubs around the world that wouldn't jump at the chance of having Roy at the helm, especially those such as Liverpool, but to see posters start to slag off Roy because he hasn't said yes or no to a non-existent job offer, to my mind, seems to be both a little premature, and a little disrespectful to the man. He has been a great servant of the club in his (thus) short tenure, and deserves all the respect we can muster towards him. If he leaves, he would have done his job, if he stays then he will be welcome to take Fulham onward and upward, either way, my personal view of him as a coach, manager and overall person, will not be swayed.

I would rather see Roy keep his counsel quietly, than make rash statements that are either proved incorrect in the future, or might lead to a further press frenzy of speculation and uncertainty.

TonyGilroy

That's fair enough up to a point but the speculation has been strong and has been going on for long enough that Roy could kill it by simply saying that whatever might be said in the media he was committed to being at Fulham next season. If that's the case why not say it.

The silence, in my opinion, can only mean that he's open to offers. Of course we simply don't know whether he actually is in the frame for the Liverpool job.

EdenRob

Why on earth should the man make all his thoughts, hopes, desires and expectations a matter for public debate and dissection. When anyone is considering a change of position they don't advertise the fact to all and sundry and put notices in the local press. he has to consider his position carefully at his age and make the right decision. That will not be ameliorated by letting the world discuss it for him.

AND, to all those who thinks we own him or that he owes us something and that he has to take us into his confidence, I say you are delusional.

Managers come and managers go 'twas ever thus!

LordNelson

Again, you must realize by now that Roy is not going to make himself the center of some melodrama in the middle of the WORLD CUP!
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Bradstow on June 16, 2010, 05:08:48 AM
Never really made up my mind whether I liked Hodgson's management skills - far too negative football for my liking. However, if he is considering leaving he should go as soon as possible. I have been 100% Fulham for nearly 60 years and that is what I want from manager and players. Anything less is not good for the Club.

Loyalty and football - How quaint...

NogoodBoyo

Nobody's a patch on that Lord Nelson.  He's got his eye on the ball here and all of the rest of you are fully-armed, but locked, cocked and loaded in the wrong direction.
Nogood "not sure about ruling the bloody waves at a football match, though, isit" Boyo
P.S.  First post?  Call in the bugle boy, trumpeter.