more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - The Equalizer

Started by The Equalizer, June 16, 2010, 10:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28139

Looks like there's a remake in the pipeline potentially with Russell Crowe in the starring role as Robert McCall.

I'm not happy about this. There's only room for one Equalizer in this world, and I'm already here. Russell Crowe, if you are reading this, I'll meet you in the Green Room at BBC centre tonight to have this out like a man!
:014:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkedHat

Are we talking about the role made famous by the late Edward Woodward?
If so there is only one Equalizer and Mr Woodward was it - but I am prepared to give you a chance Mr E. Let's be having you!
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

WhiteJC

it could have been worse, Russell Brand instead of Russell Crowe

I don't like all of these re-makes, there must be writers and/or producers with some 'new' ideas

Airfix

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 16, 2010, 10:43:36 AM

If they were doing a film based on our Equalizer, Russell Grant would have been the more appropriate choice!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on June 16, 2010, 10:52:58 AM

If they were doing a film based on our Equalizer, Russell Grant would have been the more appropriate choice!

Cheeky get!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Lighthouse

Instead of all these remakes that turn out to be nothing to do with the original because they are rubbish please can we have new titles even with 'based on the' written in little letters.

I loved The Prisoner for all its weirdness. NO NOT THE NEW ONE THAT IS RUBBISH BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE PRISONER.

I lover Edward Woodward in The Equaliser and Stewart Copelands theme - SO WHY MUCK UP THE NAME NOW.

Edge Of Darkness was a great series on BBC,, I still return to it oin DVD - SO WHY MAKE A FILM OF IT WITH SOME MEL GIBSONS AND SOME GUNS AND IT 'AINT RIGHT.

Just make your series and films but don't spoil the original title. How many films do we watch now that are just like other fiilms anyway. Leave my titles alone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

GoldCoastWhite

Only because John Inman is no longer with us  :005:

The Equalizer

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on June 16, 2010, 11:13:38 AM

Only because John Inman is no longer with us  :005:

Oi! Stop encouraging him!

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 16, 2010, 11:13:23 AM
Instead of all these remakes that turn out to be nothing to do with the original because they are rubbish please can we have new titles even with 'based on the' written in little letters.

I loved The Prisoner for all its weirdness. NO NOT THE NEW ONE THAT IS RUBBISH BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE PRISONER.

I lover Edward Woodward in The Equaliser and Stewart Copelands theme - SO WHY MUCK UP THE NAME NOW.

Edge Of Darkness was a great series on BBC,, I still return to it oin DVD - SO WHY MAKE A FILM OF IT WITH SOME MEL GIBSONS AND SOME GUNS AND IT 'AINT RIGHT.

Just make your series and films but don't spoil the original title. How many films do we watch now that are just like other fiilms anyway. Leave my titles alone.

On the other hand the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica" was magnificent, and much as I enjoyed the original the remake knocked spots off of it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Rupert - Re  New Battlestar Gallactica - The exception proves the rule. A great series. Watching it again for the second time on DVD.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

os5889

I dont know, remaking the Equaliser is a risk, but nothing could be as bad as this....