watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

s Magath a mad man ?

Started by jeremyfulham, July 27, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

I didn't agree with any of his team selections last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt none of the players were his but for crying out loud to ship them all out just seems plain daft ...you need a nucleus that know and appreciate the club, you don't get rid of them all en masse use some common sense.  049:gif COYW FTID

Lighthouse

Not sure he had much say in most of the players leaving. They wanted to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: jeremyfulham on July 27, 2014, 12:16:55 AM
I didn't agree with any of his team selections last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt none of the players were his but for crying out loud to ship them all out just seems plain daft ...you need a nucleus that know and appreciate the club, you don't get rid of them all en masse use some common sense.  049:gif COYW FTID

With the culture of failure running through the club a complete clear out was the only option.

fulhamben

id say he is a man with a plan. he seems to like the diamond, which is a favpurite of mine, and he seems to be building a squad with cover thats good enough to start. i like how the pre season is shapping
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jags24

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2014, 12:23:59 AM
id say he is a man with a plan. he seems to like the diamond, which is a favpurite of mine, and he seems to be building a squad with cover thats good enough to start. i like how the pre season is shapping

The diamond doesn't provide a lot of width, and the training has been very fitness-oriented.  So we are probably looking at a more direct style of play this year.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: jags24 on July 27, 2014, 01:13:58 AM

The diamond doesn't provide a lot of width, and the training has been very fitness-oriented.  So we are probably looking at a more direct style of play this year.

The diamond doesn't provide width from midfield, but if the full backs are effectively wing backs with a holding player who drops in to provide a defensive 3 then there's both width and solidity.

We NEED a different approach this year and it appears as though we're definitely getting one.

Roberty

I didn't agree with any of his team selections last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt none of the players were his but for crying out loud to ship them all out just seems plain daft ...you need a nucleus that know and appreciate the club, you don't get rid of them all en masse use some common sense.  049:gif COYW FTID

I am struggling to think of any of last years "senior" players I would want the club to keep, who did you have in mind?

The feeling I had was that none showed much enthusiasm for the job and to get out of the Championship our players are going to need both skill and desire.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

alfie

Senderos gave 100% enthusiasm and commitment for the job, but unfortunately he was condemmed by the masses.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

I would have said that I'd have wanted to keep Sidwell, Richardson, Dejagah and Kasami but am beginning to wonder where Felix would fit them in. The Greek appears to be an upgrade on Richardson for starters. The policy of youth over experience (for the most part) brings enthusiasm, running and confidence with it which he obviously prefers to last year's legacy of losing. So far so good but we havn't had a real test yet.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jeremyfulham

I would love Sidders & Richardson to have stayed and hope Stockers ,Rodders & Dejagah do.

epsomraver

Quote from: alfie on July 27, 2014, 07:08:38 AM

Senderos gave 100% enthusiasm and commitment for the job, but unfortunately he was condemmed by the masses.

Commitment and enthusiasm count for nothing, he cannot read the game and he was rash, why bring him up at all?

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: epsomraver on July 27, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 27, 2014, 07:08:38 AM

Commitment and enthusiasm count for nothing, he cannot read the game and he was rash, why bring him up at all?

Totally agree. Enthusiasm and passion are great but ultimately its ability that counts.

As for keeping the core of the team together, that team was absolutely diabolical last season so why keep most of them for the sake of it?   

ffc73

Well MAF was "our" nutter for many a year with great success so if Felix is a madman & brings success then none of us are likely to complain. Much.

I do agree that his team selections were puzzling last season but the only 2 I am disappointed not to see featuring pre-season are Stockdale & Burn

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Most every German would tell you that yes he is a madman. But a very successful one.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Holders on July 27, 2014, 08:02:57 AM
I would have said that I'd have wanted to keep Sidwell, Richardson, Dejagah and Kasami but am beginning to wonder where Felix would fit them in. The Greek appears to be an upgrade on Richardson for starters. The policy of youth over experience (for the most part) brings enthusiasm, running and confidence with it which he obviously prefers to last year's legacy of losing. So far so good but we havn't had a real test yet.

I too would have expected to have kept Sidwell, Richardson and Kasami but to have probably lost or loaned Dejagah, Ruiz and Mitroglou, those who played in the World Cup (of course that may still turn out to be the case).

Like FFC73 I am concerned that we have not seen Stockdale or Burn, proven Championship and PL players.

fulhamben

Quote from: jeremyfulham on July 27, 2014, 08:42:50 AM
I would love Sidders & Richardson to have stayed and hope Stockers ,Rodders & Dejagah do.
I'm glad sidders has left. David seems to have far more ability.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

is Dan Burn actually behind Burgess et al in the pecking order??

the nutflush

Amorebietas the future.   :005:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 27, 2014, 12:21:32 AM

With the culture of failure running through the club a complete clear out was the only option.

I agree with this,   there was a kind of benevolent complacency about the players, that was perfectly epitomised by Riisa
I am delighted they have all gone (exception Ashkan and Pajtim) .
The only fly in the ointment is parker ............................ however, I am still hopeful  :protest card: 

jags24

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 27, 2014, 02:50:32 AM
Quote from: jags24 on July 27, 2014, 01:13:58 AM

The diamond doesn't provide width from midfield, but if the full backs are effectively wing backs with a holding player who drops in to provide a defensive 3 then there's both width and solidity.

We NEED a different approach this year and it appears as though we're definitely getting one.

He seems to be stealing a page from Jurgy Klinnsman and the US World Cup tactics.  I hope it works, it is a very direct style of play.  The fullbacks need to be capable of getting forward, we know Stafylidis can do that but not sure about who is on the righthand side.