watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

s Magath a mad man ?

Started by jeremyfulham, July 27, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

At Friday's kick about in JAX the team looked very lively.  Lots of great ball movement from box to box.  Something we didn't see much off last season.  If a mad man is responsible for that then I for one am glad.   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

hovewhite

If it works then great,total madness.

terryr

Quote from: jeremyfulham on July 27, 2014, 12:16:55 AM
I didn't agree with any of his team selections last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt none of the players were his but for crying out loud to ship them all out just seems plain daft ...you need a nucleus that know and appreciate the club, you don't get rid of them all en masse use some common sense.  049:gif COYW FTID
err given the poor team we had last year.
Getting rid of them en mass is exactly what you do

Riverside

Winning is a habit
Losing is a habit

Last year the 1st team players developed a habit of losing

The youth have the habit of winning

Therefore let's build around those used to winning and not those used to losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F(f)CUK

One thing that we should have learnt over the past decade or more is that it is really difficult to get a completely new team to work. It took us two years to adjust to a division before promotion, Sanchez's complete overhaul did not work. For other teams Manchester City took a while to make Champions League and then be title winners. I would prefer a little more evolution but actually that should have started a few years ago.

fulhamben

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 27, 2014, 11:29:20 PM
One thing that we should have learnt over the past decade or more is that it is really difficult to get a completely new team to work. It took us two years to adjust to a division before promotion, Sanchez's complete overhaul did not work. For other teams Manchester City took a while to make Champions League and then be title winners. I would prefer a little more evolution but actually that should have started a few years ago.
yes but the first years in the divisions, look at the managers. wilkins, bracewell and lets not even go their with sanchez. we currently have a manager with the best cv ever, and our richest biggest spending chairman.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on July 27, 2014, 09:07:34 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 27, 2014, 07:08:38 AM

Senderos gave 100% enthusiasm and commitment for the job, but unfortunately he was condemmed by the masses.

Commitment and enthusiasm count for nothing, he cannot read the game and he was rash, why bring him up at all?

OH my word i am so sorry i did not realise that i was not allowed to talk about ex players. Seems that only some posters are allowed to do this. He was no more rash then certain others players, but of course he was a target for a lot on this board, i cannot wait to see who it is this season.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on July 28, 2014, 08:42:52 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 27, 2014, 09:07:34 AM

Senderos gave 100% enthusiasm and commitment for the job, but unfortunately he was condemmed by the masses.

Commitment and enthusiasm count for nothing, he cannot read the game and he was rash, why bring him up at all?

OH my word i am so sorry i did not realise that i was not allowed to talk about ex players. Seems that only some posters are allowed to do this. He was no more rash then certain others players, but of course he was a target for a lot on this board, i cannot wait to see who it is this season.

and you do know that there will be two or three -- even if we get promoted.

Big Phil had his limitations -- if he hadn't, he wouldn't have been playing for us -- but he did a good job on the Anichebes and Coles of the Prem, and was a threat going forward. I hope he spends the rest of his career appreciated by more knowledgeable supporters.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: Roberty on July 27, 2014, 06:05:30 AM
Quote from: jeremyfulham on July 27, 2014, 12:16:55 AM
I didn't agree with any of his team selections last year but gave him the benefit of the doubt none of the players were his but for crying out loud to ship them all out just seems plain daft ...you need a nucleus that know and appreciate the club, you don't get rid of them all en masse use some common sense.  049:gif COYW FTID

I am struggling to think of any of last years "senior" players I would want the club to keep, who did you have in mind?

The feeling I had was that none showed much enthusiasm for the job and to get out of the Championship our players are going to need both skill and desire.

I would agree with this assessment, and that warrants a clear-out imo. I do understand the comment "a nucleus that know and appreciate the club" but I would struggle to find more than one or two that could fall into that category from last years squad, and that is not enough. Had we remained in the Prem perhaps so, but now is the time to have a clear-out if one is required, both well before the season starts and in time to rebuild for the coming season and, perhaps, enough to spring us back up with a young, talented and drilled squad.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 27, 2014, 11:29:20 PM

I agree with the sentiments in general, though using the LS experiment as anecdotal evidence might be considered flawed, considering the pigs ear he made considering the overall picture.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Madder than a bagful of badgers........chomping on LS's pigs ear

Will it work though - we will start to see very soon

Everything crossed!

Milo

..but was liable to at least one goal-conceding mistake every game... I liked the bloke but realistically he was a disaster waiting to happen (and regularly it did happen!).

Holders

Senderos must go down for one of the best football quotes of all time: "he likes to come in your face".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tonywa

Quote from: Holders on July 29, 2014, 08:25:05 AM
Senderos must go down for one of the best football quotes of all time: "he likes to come in your face".

No wonder his defending was so nervous!

the nutflush

Quote from: Tonywa on July 29, 2014, 10:57:44 AM
Quote from: Holders on July 29, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

No wonder his defending was so nervous!

It also explains that worried facial expression that he always wore.

HatterDon

Quote from: Milo on July 29, 2014, 07:57:50 AM

..but was liable to at least one goal-conceding mistake every game... I liked the bloke but realistically he was a disaster waiting to happen (and regularly it did happen!).

And, as we all know, Senderos was the only central defender in football who made mistakes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tonywa

Quote from: HatterDon on July 29, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

And, as we all know, Senderos was the only central defender in football who made mistakes.
Of course not.  Just that he made really bad ones more frequently than most and has done throughout his career.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Riverside on July 27, 2014, 11:04:45 PM
Winning is a habit
Losing is a habit

Last year the 1st team players developed a habit of losing

The youth have the habit of winning

Therefore let's build around those used to winning and not those used to losing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:plus one:

Pluto

yawn

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Tonywa on July 30, 2014, 11:40:09 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 29, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

Of course not.  Just that he made really bad ones more frequently than most and has done throughout his career.

http://eplindex.com/24736/defensive-error-prone-players-premier-league-stats-comparison.html

Yes it's for 2012-13, but Senderos isn't even on that list.  Which means he made fewer than 3 mistakes in 21 games, which by my reasoning is clearly at least one a game...