more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz Speaks Up

Started by Sammyffc, July 27, 2014, 03:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

http://www.bryanruizcr.com/es/noticia/viajo-con-mucha-ilusion-y-ganas-video/

Translation of the video in essence is  he thinks these could be the best years of his life. He is going to austria and is eager to start training. He has a few options but nothing concrete but if nothing concrete comes up his still got a year left on his contract with fulham

credit to @ignatiousreilly  065.gif

cmg

This is a what he put on the English version of his website yesterday:

"My goal now is that the upcoming season, no matter the team I play for, be the best of my career. After this World Cup, which was very good, I want to keep growing. I wish I could arrive at a better team, but if I have to stay at Fulham I will do my best. But for that I have to wait".

Even allowing for the vagaries of translation it may be a bit blunt for our taste - but it does seem fair enough.

alexbishop

Quote from: cmg on July 27, 2014, 04:04:22 PM

"My goal now is that the upcoming season, no matter the team I play for, be the best of my career. After this World Cup, which was very good, I want to keep growing. I wish I could arrive at a better team, but if I have to stay at Fulham I will do my best. But for that I have to wait".

Even allowing for the vagaries of translation it may be a bit blunt for our taste - but it does seem fair enough.

We were 'a better team' when he arrived...then management at all levels ruined it during his time here...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Admin

He will go with Fulham to Austria because he has no other options, if not, he won't keep fit, but when that next big thing comes calling, he'll be off at he the last knockings, just like Dempsey. Ruiz will use the club, I know that, you know that, lets just hope Magath knows this and has the balls to leave him at home.

RaySmith

Ruiz is saying the right thing, because he knows he's contracted to Fulham - but as soon as he gets the opportunity he wants, he'll be off.

Holders

Quote from: alexbishop on July 27, 2014, 04:07:37 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 27, 2014, 04:04:22 PM

We were 'a better team' when he arrived...then management at all levels ruined it during his time here...

Perhaps it's got lost a bit in translation. I suspect he means a team in a higher league, which I can understand.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Northern Cottager

A few good games at the World Cup and he's a world beater. He was nothing short of pants for us in spades during his time and magnificent in 5 second flashes twice a season. Of all the players left from last season I hope he's at least one of the first to go.

We've got a 46 game slog next year and a flop worrying about being touched is not what we need.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Admin on July 27, 2014, 04:11:36 PM
He will go with Fulham to Austria because he has no other options, if not, he won't keep fit, but when that next big thing comes calling, he'll be off at he the last knockings, just like Dempsey. Ruiz will use the club, I know that, you know that, lets just hope Magath knows this and has the balls to leave him at home.

In what way is he `using the club'? He is training with the club that he is contracted to like all our other players.

Considering the club loaned him out last season, that he was captain of his country at the World Cup and most posters on this board have said vociferously that he is not suited to our club whether in the PL or Championship what do you expect his attitude to be?

Let him go with some dignity on both sides.

Admin

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 27, 2014, 04:51:52 PM

In what way is he `using the club'? He is training with the club that he is contracted to like all our other players.

Considering the club loaned him out last season, that he was captain of his country at the World Cup and most posters on this board have said vociferously that he is not suited to our club whether in the PL or Championship what do you expect his attitude to be?

He'll use the club to get / remain fit whilst he waits for the next best thing to come along, and like Dempsey, will end up leaving days before the window shuts. Why show Ruiz any dignity?! He doesn't give a monkies about Fulham, whether he wants PL or Championship football. And please, stop following me around and 'abbreviating' my every word, it's becoming rather 'stalker-ish' now.

hovewhite

This is six of one and halfdozen of th other,the club sent him out to go on loan last season,one it wasn't felix and two I always felt he tried and he looked not a good player in a fulham shirt and he's ability wise far better than that.I think he will go,but would be happy for him to stay.
Put that in your pipes!

God The Mechanic

If he wants to leave would you rather he didn't turn up to training, losing fitness and reducing his value as a result?  He has a lot of goodwill in the football community after his WC performances, and if anyone is taking advantage of that it would be us getting a larger fee than his performances whilst here would warrant.

As for the timing of the transfer, that's hardly anything he will likely dictate.  The buying club will choose when to make a bid, and if we deem it too late to get adequate replacement in we should reject it.  IF Ruiz then demands the move and doesn't train or does it half-assedly then we can complain, but at this point he's only said he'd be open to a move upwards but if that doesn't happen he'll happily remain at Craven Cottage...

Admin

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 27, 2014, 05:18:17 PM
If he wants to leave would you rather he didn't turn up to training, losing fitness and reducing his value as a result?  He has a lot of goodwill in the football community after his WC performances, and if anyone is taking advantage of that it would be us getting a larger fee than his performances whilst here would warrant.

As for the timing of the transfer, that's hardly anything he will likely dictate.  The buying club will choose when to make a bid, and if we deem it too late to get adequate replacement in we should reject it.  IF Ruiz then demands the move and doesn't train or does it half-assedly then we can complain, but at this point he's only said he'd be open to a move upwards but if that doesn't happen he'll happily remain at Craven Cottage...

We're not talking a matter of months here, we're talking a matter of weeks, and yes, if he's not committed to FFC, I'd rather him stay back at Motspur Park, away from the squad in Austria. This whole scenario is typically Dempsey again, not in a way that Ruiz is trying to force a move, but in the way it could be very disrupting to others around him. Either way, Ruiz will be off, and after the unrest we've had lately, things seem to be nice and stable in the Fulham camp. 

God The Mechanic

How many of our players do you think would honestly turn down a move to a bigger club in a top league, even if it is at the last minute?  More money, more exposure, training with better players; the only thing they'd likely lose out on is playing time, but being in a squad competing in elite competitions would probably be a decent trade off.

I'm not sure how it will be disrupting to other players if he trains well.  I doubt Magath would LET him treat the training sessions with contempt, so some of the younger players will get to train alongside one of the most technically competent players we've had in a long time who also captained his country to the WC knock out rounds which will only benefit them.

Admin

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 27, 2014, 05:36:35 PM
How many of our players do you think would honestly turn down a move to a bigger club in a top league, even if it is at the last minute?  More money, more exposure, training with better players; the only thing they'd likely lose out on is playing time, but being in a squad competing in elite competitions would probably be a decent trade off.

I'm not sure how it will be disrupting to other players if he trains well.  I doubt Magath would LET him treat the training sessions with contempt, so some of the younger players will get to train alongside one of the most technically competent players we've had in a long time who also captained his country to the WC knock out rounds which will only benefit them.

And if he doesn't train well? And if he returns from the WC with a massive chip on his shoulder, thinking he's bigger than the club? We had all this with Dempsey when he was allowed to train, and there was a lot of unrest in the camp over just one player. The way I see it is this, Ruiz will not be playing for Fulham in the Championship, he has no intentions of playing for Fulham in the Championship, we have just rebuilt the whole squad, and in turn have rebuilt the moral of a squad which had hit rock bottom. Why risk all this for a player that won't be with us come the start of the season? 

God The Mechanic

You're making a LOT of assumptions there.  Nothing I've seen from Ruiz in his time with us has suggested he's likely to train poorly or have a chip on his shoulder, nothing he has said has suggested that either.  He MAY not be with us, but he also MAY be.  Why would we leave a senior player behind just in case a bid comes in that we deem acceptable and from a club he wants to move to, THAT would create disharmony.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Admin on July 27, 2014, 05:03:14 PM

He'll use the club to get / remain fit whilst he waits for the next best thing to come along, and like Dempsey, will end up leaving days before the window shuts. Why show Ruiz any dignity?! He doesn't give a monkies about Fulham, whether he wants PL or Championship football. And please, stop following me around and 'abbreviating' my every word, it's becoming rather 'stalker-ish' now.

I am not responding to your posts, I am responding to the contents.

If Ruiz didn't train with the club then he would rightly be fined as he is under contract. If you thought that you might change jobs would you stop turning up for work at your current job?

Loyalty from players for a club? Get real. That word has probably most recently been used most strongly for Hangeland, Murphy and Dempsey and they all left under a shadow.

If no offer is made for him then, as long as Magath picks Ruiz and Magath has said he was waiting for the return of those at the World Cup, then Ruiz will turn out for us (although I think both those cases unlikely).

It is not a matter of showing Ruiz dignity. It is a matter of being dignified ourselves as Fulham supporters, moving on and not getting into bitter rants.

And what Ruiz has done by making that statement seems to be identical to what Dejagah and Mitroglou have said and it will pretty much the departure of most other players and somewhat less than Hangeland or Dempsey so presumably you will be saying to each of them that they were using the club at which point it becomes meaningless.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 27, 2014, 06:03:25 PM
Quote from: Admin on July 27, 2014, 05:03:14 PM

I am not responding to your posts, I am responding to the contents.

If Ruiz didn't train with the club then he would rightly be fined as he is under contract. If you thought that you might change jobs would you stop turning up for work at your current job?

Loyalty from players for a club? Get real. That word has probably most recently been used most strongly for Hangeland, Murphy and Dempsey and they all left under a shadow.

If no offer is made for him then, as long as Magath picks Ruiz and Magath has said he was waiting for the return of those at the World Cup, then Ruiz will turn out for us (although I think both those cases unlikely).

It is not a matter of showing Ruiz dignity. It is a matter of being dignified ourselves as Fulham supporters, moving on and not getting into bitter rants.

And what Ruiz has done by making that statement seems to be identical to what Dejagah and Mitroglou have said and it will pretty much the departure of most other players and somewhat less than Hangeland or Dempsey so presumably you will be saying to each of them that they were using the club at which point it becomes meaningless.
I think that's right.  They are professionals.  This is their livelihood.  Bryan Ruiz's showing at the World Cup greatly increased his profile and value.  Now he finds himself on a Championship team in the last year of his contract with Fulham.  I don't think he is insulting the club or management with his translated comments.  He's just being honest.  I suspect the club has received offers to trade him, and for decent money.  He's still here.  So, either Magath recognizes his abilities and chalked up last season to things largely beyond Bryan's control--things Magath believes he will have fixed by Day 1 of this season--and thus wants to keep him to help assure the club's speedier ascension back to the EPL, or he/the club thinks an even better offer for Bryan will be forthcoming.  I'd like to believe it's the former rather than the latter.

Arthur

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 27, 2014, 05:48:25 PM
He MAY not be with us, but he also MAY be.  Why would we leave a senior player behind just in case a bid comes in that we deem acceptable and from a club he wants to move to...

Agree.

Unlikely as it may seem, if the transfer window closed and Ruiz hadn't left, it would be unprofessional of the Club to have an unfit player on its hands when that player could have been training for the previous month.

Artful Dodger

Lets salvage £5m for a player that won't enjoy the championship one bit (Rotherham away on a Tuesday night!) and spend it on someone who we need such as a decent central midfielder that knows their way round the championship.  If he stays, we get nothing for him in a years time and my expectations aren't high that he will justify giving up a fee of up to £5m this summer.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Blanco

From what I can understand he never says "a better club". He just keeps making the point that he's under contract with Fulham and until an offer comes in he's gonna keep training with fulham. The journalists pushes him to say he wants to play in a better league for a better team but he just keeps saying the right answers to stay on good terms with fulham.