https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz Speaks Up

Started by Sammyffc, July 27, 2014, 03:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Sammyffc on July 27, 2014, 03:51:05 PM
http://www.bryanruizcr.com/es/noticia/viajo-con-mucha-ilusion-y-ganas-video/

Translation of the video in essence is  he thinks these could be the best years of his life. He is going to austria and is eager to start training. He has a few options but nothing concrete but if nothing concrete comes up his still got a year left on his contract with fulham

credit to @ignatiousreilly  065.gif

Ruez Speaks Up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hummmmm  !!!    The guy was  at his  hometown airport and  a local  reporter asked him some questions AND IN KEEPING WITH THE DECENT BLOKE THAT HE IS, he answered that reporter.

This is the same Ruiz that we shipped  off to Germany with little notice at Christmas. 
But he does well with the new club. Then he went  to the World Cup and he and his little country had a good one 

Should  we really  be making  negative comments  about Bryan ????  I don't think so .....

Riverside

Looking at the midfield diamond Ruiz would fit perfectly at the tip .

He would be class in that position .

And his attitude has always been right despite being played out of position and abused by "supporters".

I would love him to stay .
But fear he won't .
He is better than Championship .

By the way keeping him does not mean the end of David .
David could play on the tip or also one of the 2 sides .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mullers

Comparing Ruiz's situation with Demsey's is ridiculous. Dempsey mugged the club and the fan's off when we were on a comparitive high, and I say that having loved watching him play.

I think Ruiz was unlucky with injuries, but beyond that he's the sort of player that looks at best disinterested when his team's playing the sort of crap Fulham dished up last year. Let's be honest, as fans we let Dempsey know we wanted him to stay and he stuck two fingers up.

Ruiz was struggling - and I think we, the fans, gave him and Berba stick because their style of play in that team highlighted the uncommitted rubbish we were watching. I don't blame him for saying 'Sod this'.

Perhaps the club and Bryan both lucked out with his transfer, three or four years earlier and he might have more plaudits.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: KCat on July 27, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on July 27, 2014, 03:51:05 PM
http://www.bryanruizcr.com/es/noticia/viajo-con-mucha-ilusion-y-ganas-video/

Translation of the video in essence is  he thinks these could be the best years of his life. He is going to austria and is eager to start training. He has a few options but nothing concrete but if nothing concrete comes up his still got a year left on his contract with fulham

credit to @ignatiousreilly  065.gif

Ruez Speaks Up ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hummmmm  !!!    The guy was  at his  hometown airport and  a local  reporter asked him some questions AND IN KEEPING WITH THE DECENT BLOKE THAT HE IS, he answered that reporter.

This is the same Ruiz that we shipped  off to Germany with little notice at Christmas.  
But he does well with the new club. Then he went  to the World Cup and he and his little country had a good one  

Should  we really  be making  negative comments  about Bryan ????  I don't think so .....

How do you know he never asked for the move or that it was actually in the pipe line for some time?

And I'm fairly sure he went to Holland

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Yes,  you are right he was at PSV Eindhoven
I do not know if he asked or was sent ...... but then neither do you.

Sgt Fulham

No more chances for Ruiz. He's had a good world cup so lets get a good price for him. £6m? Yes please - it would be best for all involved.

Riverside

Wow you can buy a player as good Ruiz still in his 20s for  £6 million

Yes please . What a great deal .

Oh wait .............

Arthur

Quote from: KCat on July 27, 2014, 08:47:23 PM
Yes,  you are right he was at PSV Eindhoven
I do not know if he asked or was sent ...... but then neither do you.

Didn't Ruiz approach Rene and ask to be sent out on loan if he wasn't going to feature in the first XI- in order to be best prepared for the World Cup? Perfectly understandable in my opinion.

Although a sizeable transfer fee would be difficult to refuse, I wouldn't mind at all if Ruiz stayed this season. I don't subscribe to the idea that he wouldn't be able to bring his skills to bear in the Championship. All the same, the abuse he received last season will, I think, be a determining factor in his decision to press for a move away - even if Magath did offer him the chance to resurrect his career here.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Riverside on July 27, 2014, 11:08:05 PM
Wow you can buy a player as good Ruiz still in his 20s for  £6 million

Yes please . What a great deal .

Oh wait .............

The Ruiz that lit up the premier league? The Ruiz that wasnt a total embarrassment to our club against Burton in the cup only last year?
How much did we pay for Dembele #1 only a few seasons back? I don't know if you've noticed but we're not the sort of club to whom £6m is completely insignificant. Oh yeah and you also seem to be forgetting that we lose him on a free next year if we don't sell him.

Texas White

So my Dad thinks keep him, I am not convinced. It would be great if he stayed and reproduced his World Cup form. Not sure he will have so much time on the ball in the Championship, or is it suited to his style.
I think he will be gone anyway.

Sadly its the Greek Guy who needs the boot.

fulhamben

Quote from: Texas White on July 27, 2014, 11:49:32 PM
So my Dad thinks keep him, I am not convinced. It would be great if he stayed and reproduced his World Cup form. Not sure he will have so much time on the ball in the Championship, or is it suited to his style.

i dont get this more time on the ball thing, do we really believe all the teams he came up against in the wc just backed off and let him do what he wanted. he will have more time in the championship if anything
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2014, 11:52:23 PM

i dont get this more time on the ball thing, do we really believe all the teams he came up against in the wc just backed off and let him do what he wanted. he will have more time in the championship if anything

People think players have less time in the championship because the players aren't as good so appear to have less time because they aren't thinking ahead, a good player will always appear like he had time on the ball either cos he knows where he going to play it before he gets it or creates himself space

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on July 27, 2014, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 27, 2014, 11:52:23 PM

People think players have less time in the championship because the players aren't as good so appear to have less time because they aren't thinking ahead, a good player will always appear like he had time on the ball either cos he knows where he going to play it before he gets it or creates himself space
this is my point. ruiz will make bundles of time for himself in the championship if he stays. and will get plenty of ball as we will dominate most teams
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

PeterFFC

The problem for me isn't the amount of time he has on the ball, but what Sgt Fulham said.
If he stays then he's in his last year of his contract and I doubt he'd want to sign a new deal with us after the way people have treated him and the level our club will be playing at.
It makes financial sense to get some money for him and get someone new. Also he's coming back from a very successful World Cup so it is only making his price higher.

jags24

Yes, Ruiz is pretty good, but I'm not sure the WC boosted his stock as much as people think.  i don't know if there is a club out there willing to gamble 5m for him at his age.  His body of work at Fulham was so mixed and he'd be better off playing in continental Europe.

He is saying all the right things, but he wants to go.  Fulham is just saying they won't sell him for peanuts, so he is sitting there hoping for a decent offer which may not come.

All that said, I think he is a joy to watch. 

Forever Fulham

I'm excited about some of the current crop's ability and desire to move without the ball.  They make themselves targets.  They get open.  They provide link up opportunities for each other.  And they don't poop out after 50 minutes.  (Ah, youth...)  I honestly believe Bryan Ruiz would 'fit' with this bunch.   He may be a bit fatigued from the  Cup, what with no real break from football, but I'll bet he's in great shape right now.  Sure would hate to see him leave right now.  I hear bad things about Olympiakos.  If he stays and is an integral part in the team's quick come back to the EPL, the boo birds will eat crow, the nay sayers will rethink, and he'll feel wanted again.  And THAT would make him want to sign a multiyear deal with us at the end of this season. 

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 28, 2014, 05:46:20 AM
I'm excited about some of the current crop's ability and desire to move without the ball.  They make themselves targets.  They get open.  They provide link up opportunities for each other.  And they don't poop out after 50 minutes.  (Ah, youth...)  I honestly believe Bryan Ruiz would 'fit' with this bunch.   He may be a bit fatigued from the  Cup, what with no real break from football, but I'll bet he's in great shape right now.  Sure would hate to see him leave right now.  I hear bad things about Olympiakos.  If he stays and is an integral part in the team's quick come back to the EPL, the boo birds will eat crow, the nay sayers will rethink, and he'll feel wanted again.  And THAT would make him want to sign a multiyear deal with us at the end of this season.  
I agree with a lot of what you say here, the problem has been no one making runs allowing him to release the ball quickly or move into to shoot(which we know he can), it will be very different this year if he stays.

Max Headroom

Can you really blame Ruiz for wanting to leave..... Cast your mind back to last Autumn, and he was twice substituted at around 70 minutes and the so called Fulham fans booed him off.

He never got to play in his best position because we went and bought Berbatov who the manager had an unpleasant love in with.

He has proved himself at the world cup to be a very good player.

He did reasonably well at PSV

Why on earth would he want to take a step down in level and play in the championship for a team where he gets booed off the pitch....

(Personally I think he is better suited to a continental type game anyway, but Fulham have not treated him well)

Pie and mash

I love it when people deride foreign (Hispanic usually) players by saying:

"He wouldn't like it at [Insert bleak northern town] on a cold, [insert midweek day] night".