more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

in re: Mr. Peabody's question ...

Started by HatterDon, July 28, 2014, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

... in the locked thread:

QuoteOne thing puzzles me. Whenever our American players are mentioned, no one ever mentions the first one, Eddie Lewis, why do we forget him.

He was oversold when we signed him -- the American Beckham, for goodness sake. Who can live up to that. Lewis was an excellent left winger and a great free kick artist. He played very well for Preston in the Championship and not-poorly for Leeds and Derby -- mostly as a LB. I think the only match he ever started for Fulham was his last, and he was Man of the Match.

He was NOT, however, our first American. That honor goes to Marcus Hahnemann who is still making a living in the game with Seattle as a backup GK. He always saluted the Fulham supporters when he played against us with Reading and Wolves.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

I didn't know that.  Didn't he and Convey play together at Reading?   

Holders

I remember Hahnemann. He didn't get a lot of game time behind Maik Taylor but looked a decent keeper and seemed like a decent bloke. I remember the time during warm-up a ball hit an old lady behind the goal and he went over to help and see if she was ok. He later played a lot more (and successfully) for Reading, I think it was.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nero

Quote from: Holders on July 28, 2014, 06:22:01 AM
I remember Hahnemann. He didn't get a lot of game time behind Maik Taylor but looked a decent keeper and seemed like a decent bloke. I remember the time during warm-up a ball hit an old lady behind the goal and he went over to help and see if she was ok. He later played a lot more (and successfully) for Reading, I think it was.

yes it was Reading and set a record of some sort I thik it was for Clean sheets

dannyboi-ffc

Eddie lewis werent a bad player for fulham, shouldnt be forgotten anyway. Hahnemann however only played 1 game for us from what I remember and he was awful. Did well at reading but not someone I remember fondly as a player, he sat next to me a few times in the stevenage road stand, in the block next to the cottage when he was injured. Came across as a very nice guy.

If I had to rank our yanks out of 10 for their efforts for fulham id go
Mcbride 10
Dempsey 8.5
Boca 6.5
keller 6 (just for being brilliant in about 10games of great escape)
Lewis 2.5
Eddie johnson 0.5
Hahnemann 0.5 (just for being a nice guy)
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 28, 2014, 09:30:42 AM
Eddie lewis werent a bad player for fulham, shouldnt be forgotten anyway. Hahnemann however only played 1 game for us from what I remember and he was awful. Did well at reading but not someone I remember fondly as a player, he sat next to me a few times in the stevenage road stand, in the block next to the cottage when he was injured. Came across as a very nice guy.

If I had to rank our yanks out of 10 for their efforts for fulham id go
Mcbride 10
Dempsey 8.5
Boca 6.5
keller 6 (just for being brilliant in about 10games of great escape)
Lewis 2.5
Eddie johnson 0.5
Hahnemann 0.5 (just for being a nice guy)

You underrate McBride, he has to be at least 10 plus!

jarv

I saw Lewis play in MLS and for the national team and thought he was excellent. Very pleased when Fulham picked him up.

McBride.....why is he rated so high? I never saw him play for Fulham but did see him, like Lewis, in MLS and the national team and I did not think he was that good, bit of an old fashioned battering ram, centre forward.  Please help with a few points which made him rated so much at Fulham.

rweller86

Quote from: jarv on July 28, 2014, 01:27:45 PM
I saw Lewis play in MLS and for the national team and thought he was excellent. Very pleased when Fulham picked him up.

McBride.....why is he rated so high? I never saw him play for Fulham but did see him, like Lewis, in MLS and the national team and I did not think he was that good, bit of an old fashioned battering ram, centre forward.  Please help with a few points which made him rated so much at Fulham.

Ratings aren't for their level of ability. Re-read the post ;)
@rweller

Peabody

Yes, you are right HD. I saw Marcus play the final league game away to Grimsby, for our all conquering promotion winning team and we lost 1-0 due to goalkeeping error.