watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we finally subject to losing Roy?

Started by Admin, June 16, 2010, 06:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

All this media speculation seems to being my head in right now. One minute he's off, the next he's not, someone close to him says there's been no official contact, apparently he's now spoken the Fulham board, they are now subject to losing him, Liverpool were expected to make contact last week, now it's going to be this week..

As time goes on, the media speculation seems to be getting stronger and stronger. The media seem to be very certain that Roy is the bang on favorite to replace Raffa and they are very certain that contact with be made next week. Again, is this just bull because the last I heard, contact was supposed to be made last week and it wasn't?

As the media goes, they've really given us (Fulham) and the fans a really good shoeing this summer. To be fair, they've really p1ssed me off but what can we do about it. A month ago, we were seconds away from penalties in the Europa League final and now our managers about to be ripped away from us along with losing vital key players which just isn't fair. I suppose that's just what happens when an average club has a good season and we are no different. The big guns start calling for a slice of that success and we simply have no control.

The last couple of statements have really started to worry me and although in my heart I'd like to think Roy would stay, I'm now starting to think otherwise.

"Fulham accept manager Roy Hodgson is set to join Liverpool, it has been revealed.

The Mirror says sources at Fulham confirmed last night they have lost all hope of holding on to Hodgson.

A Liverpool board meeting on Friday has rubber-stamped a move for the experienced manager, and formal contact is expected to follow.

Fulham are aware of that interest, and after talks with their manager before he prepared to fly out to the World Cup, they are now resigned to losing him.

Talks over a contract, security of tenure should there be an Anfield takeover, and size of budget will proceed over the next week, and an official announcement could be made by next Wednesday or Thursday if agreement is reached.

Hodgson has spoken to his Fulham board, and conceded that he would find the offer to manage at Liverpool too hard to turn down, despite his affection for the Craven Cottage outfit.

Liverpool are ready to double his contract and also provide massive bonuses for a top four finish - which is the minimum requirement this coming season."

Whats more, things have been really quiet. Mo has spoken in concern, there has been no words what so ever from Roy.. Oh well, I supose we'll find out next week or the week after or the week after that..

LBNo11

...Que sera sera, we are either going to have Mr Hodgson continuing as our master tactician to further build on the early foundations of our team, or we are going to have to start yet again.

Managers/players/Chairmen, they all come and go, as much as we would like the successful ones to stay, but money or ambition is what sways them, loyalty is not part of the business anymore, - but the fans, we are the only constant and we can only cherish the good times...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TheDon

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 16, 2010, 06:42:51 PM
...Que sera sera, we are either going to have Mr Hodgson continuing as our master tactician to further build on the early foundations of our team, or we are going to have to start yet again.

Managers/players/Chairmen, they all come and go, as much as we would like the successful ones to stay, but money or ambition is what sways them, loyalty is not part of the business anymore, - but the fans, we are the only constant and we can only cherish the good times...

yeah but some fans you`d wish to just p off as well.

present company excluded of course

JBH

All of the rumours must be true as they are in the Daily Mirror no less!!

If RH wants out then that's his choice and there is nothing we can do about it, all it will mean is Roy will not have made Legend Status at Fulham and most likely will not get offered the England position after he has failed to meet the high expectations at Scousepool and is replaced by the new owners if and when anyone is mug enough to buy them.

Players, Managers and fair weather fans come and go but Fulham is my club and still will be what ever happens over the summer.  :beer: :59:

Admin

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 16, 2010, 06:42:51 PM

I think starting yet again could see Fulham from Europa League finalists to relegation candidates in months Ed. I know thats how football is but this is the WRONG time to be losing Roy. Next season fine, when we haven't got a world cup, a little bit more stability and time to prepare. If Roy goes, I'd rather him go NOW if you want me to be honest so we can just get on with it, appoint someone else and pursued a few of our players to stay he would not normally with out Roy in charge. Trust me, we will be rapped and pillaged if Roy walks and i'm certainly NOT looking forward to it. Fulham until I die and all but it will be a righ kick in the nuts..

Brede Butter Pudding

I'm with you mate, I can't help but seeing Roy walk out, getting in a rubbish manager, spending next to nothing in the window while the likes of Hangeland, Zamora, Schwarzer all leave too and us struggling next season

tingtawng

Roy may be hedging his bets till the world cup is over ,hoping that FC will get the boot if they (england) do badly .If FC DOESNT GET the boot maybe he will accept the LFC offer as he cant wait for the england managers offer ,too long to wait . thats my summation ,something fishy is definately going on ,otherwise Roy would have spoken out to deny the rumours wouldnt he .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

RidgeRider

Admin, I am with you. I have the same fears. There are some good reasons for him to go, and some good reasons to stay. If MAF is interested in spending, I suppose we could win a 6th or 7th some day in the Prem, but with the Big 4 and Man City and Tottenham spending far more, placing ahead of Everton and Villa is about as good as we could EVER expect. Liverpool on the other hand has a higher ceiling....but as has been said, getting sacked at Liverpool would kill his chances of the England job and doing well at Fulham wouldn't. Interesting dilemma if you are Roy.

ImperialWhite

Is the England job likely for Roy? (as a point to debate)

Capello will probably get England to the quarters/semis. i.e. won't get sacked in 2010. I'm as pessimistic as they come, but I can't see England losing until we meet France (QFs, probably), or Brazil (SFs, probably). Losing to Algeria, Slovenia or Serbia/Ghana/Australia? Really?

Assuming he manages qualification for Euro 2012 (again, odds on), it means Capello will either achieve some sort of success at the tournament, or leave (I'm guessing).

That means Roy will probably have to wait until 2012. How long do you think Roy wants to carry on working? He's 6 years younger than Fergie, so who knows? I guess he has to maintain a certain degree of success until the job comes up.

-

If Fulham have overchieved this season (another point worthy of debate), he would want to leave. Liverpool would be a massive gamble (trying to keep key players, hardly any cash, etc.), but Fulham was a bit of a gamble, wasn't it? If Liverpool gamble pays off - titles, Champions League, et al., it's certainly a bigger prize.

I don't think we'll know until after the World Cup.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: JBH on June 16, 2010, 06:48:31 PM

If RH wants out then that's his choice and there is nothing we can do about it, all it will mean is Roy will not have made Legend Status at Fulham and most likely will not get offered the England position after he has failed to meet the high expectations at Scousepool and is replaced by the new owners if and when anyone is mug enough to buy them.

You may have to get another avatar in that case.  :003:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III