more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The "Beautiful" Game

Started by God The Mechanic, July 31, 2014, 12:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

https://vine.co/v/MEn2tnXTWKu

Happened in the Milk Cup this evening.  After the reaction to Suarez, and I know this is on a MUCH lesser stage, I hope this kid gets banned for life.  Really have no idea what goes through your mind when you do something like that, legitimately could have killed the kid on the floor.

Forever Fulham

A player goes out of his way to kick a downed player (who is curled up in a fetal position) in the head does not equate with a bite, especially one that doesn't break the skin and bleed.  Lifetime ban seems about right to me.  It's an assault on a helpless player with intent to do serious physical harm.  Even if he thought he had just been wronged somehow, his victim was curled up on the ground, and he chose to kick him in the head. 

YankeeJim

Not at all unusual behavior for Mexico. A little extreme but cheap shots are one of their strengths. Ardito, they call it.
BTW, a kick like that is aggravated assault and should result in jail time.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

To me the funny thing is if you watch the video closely the first guy who throws the opposing player down then escapes further involvement by walking away.  Then a different person is punched (barely), he goes down in the fetal position and gets kicked. 

I'd punish the whole lot by fining them and giving them a three game ban.  If clubs, leagues and FIFA don't start really coming down hard on things like this then it is only going to keep occurring and getting worse. 

IMHO 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

The player that did this deserves a ban for life.... absolutely disgusting.

This is assault with intent, and could have done some real damage.

leonffc

Not a patch on John Hartsons training ground attack on Eyal Berkovic when they were both at West Ham.

nose

I think the man that goes down second and gets kicked is as much guilty as anyone else.
People that feign injury, pretend to be hurt to get somebody else in trouble are in fact inciting others and acting provocatively and see what heppened. If he would have stayed on his feet, he wouldn't have been kicked! He was trying hard to get somebody else in trouble.

Still there is nothing like a go

Still, there is nothing like a good punch up, it has been ages since I saw such a thing in a football match. It reminds me of my youth when such things were common.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: nose on July 31, 2014, 01:06:13 PM
I think the man that goes down second and gets kicked is as much guilty as anyone else.
People that feign injury, pretend to be hurt to get somebody else in trouble are in fact inciting others and acting provocatively and see what heppened. If he would have stayed on his feet, he wouldn't have been kicked! He was trying hard to get somebody else in trouble.

Still, there is nothing like a good punch up, it has been ages since I saw such a thing in a football match. It reminds me of my youth when such things were common.

I... WHAT?!?!?  The guy got kicked in the back of the head, but he deserved it (or it can be justified) because he went down easily???

nose

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 31, 2014, 01:51:51 PM

I... WHAT?!?!?  The guy got kicked in the back of the head, but he deserved it (or it can be justified) because he went down easily???

No that is not what I said. The guy feigns injury, he didn't go down easilly, he chucks himself on the floor trying to get somebody else  into trouble, he is guilty for that. He helps increase the tension, he provokes a response, he inflames an already overheated situation he is guilty.
And no he doesn't deserve to get kicked in the head or anywhere else but he certainly is not an inocent party.

Not wanting to split hairs but when i first saw the video I didn't think he was kicked in the head it looked more like the side... watching it again I am not sure what happens, the way the man swings at him, if it was really on the head I don't think he would have got up.

I would ban the lot of them from what i saw.

MayoDomo

Here's my take.

Guy who throws other dude. - 3 Games.
Guy who feigns injury. (And gets rocked in the head.) - 3 Games
Guy who rocks guy on ground in head. - 2 Years + Assault Charges.

Everyone is at fault. The only way this stops is when the dives and moments of rage are punished.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: love4ffc on July 31, 2014, 02:27:32 AM
To me the funny thing is if you watch the video closely the first guy who throws the opposing player down then escapes further involvement by walking away.  Then a different person is punched (barely), he goes down in the fetal position and gets kicked. 

I'd punish the whole lot by fining them and giving them a three game ban.  If clubs, leagues and FIFA don't start really coming down hard on things like this then it is only going to keep occurring and getting worse. 

IMHO 

Punish them with a fine and 3 match ban? That's your idea of hard punishment? Wow. You must of thought Suarez' three month ban was on a par with a manslaughter charge.

love4ffc

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 31, 2014, 03:39:27 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on July 31, 2014, 02:27:32 AM

IMHO 

Punish them with a fine and 3 match ban? That's your idea of hard punishment? Wow. You must of thought Suarez' three month ban was on a par with a manslaughter charge.

You miss my point.  Clubs, Leagues and FIFA need to sit down and come up with a new set of laws to nip this behavior in the butt. 

If the players think they can get away with this kind of behavior then it will continue.  If they realize that there are consequences for such actions that could ultimately get them banned for life and end their financial incomes, then perhaps this sort of thing will finally end.   

I actually agree with MayoDomo -
Guy who throws other dude. - 3 Games.
Guy who feigns injury. (And gets rocked in the head.) - 3 Games
Guy who rocks guy on ground in head. - 2 Years + Assault Charges.

I can't tell if the guy on the ground is actually hit in the head or the side but the intent is there. 

Just like Suarez the bitter, both guys have a mental problem that needs to be addressed. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

Not that it should make a difference in the punishment, but it really looks as if the guy was kicked in the side. If you watch closely at the end, the fellow who is kicked jumps right back up. If he had been hit in the head with that roundhouse of a kick, I don't think he would have.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 31, 2014, 01:51:51 PM

Of course! And just look how he was dressed. He was just asking for it.

Mary and Joseph wept also.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel