watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Magath criticism..merged

Started by Baszab, August 09, 2014, 06:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mullers

Just been talking about how daft it is sacking Robbins at Huddersfield after one game. My thoughts are very similar about the original thread. Having decided on Felix give him a chance - or are we out to beat last season's record and get through three managers BEFORE Christmas?

Reznor

Quote from: Neil D on August 10, 2014, 09:09:38 AM
Magath's emphasis on youth will pay dividends - eventually - but how long have we got?  The improved fitness levels are already paying dividends in that we were much more competitive in the last 15 than last season and might have got a point for it.  But, Magath doesn't have what might be called a nuanced managerial style.  Brutalist, neo-Stalinism might work as a short-term shock tactic but Magath needs to evolve a more subtle style of management -  more than just 'if you're not with me, you're against me.'

How long have we got? Well if you want automatic promotion Burnley finished 2nd last season and lost 5 games. That gives you an idea how quickly we need to get things right. Myself I think we will win promotion in 2 or 3 seasons time.

glenhodgso

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 09, 2014, 07:55:52 PM
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 09, 2014, 07:16:55 PM
I said he had 8 - 10 games and I stand by it.... we looked great in the last 20 minutes, so lets see what FM does next game. this game he got it wrong which is pretty simple for us all to see.....
We also looked great for the first 30 minutes,the referre was a bit lenient with some of the Ipswich late tackles especially with off the ball incidents with fouling and blocking of runners. I just think we may have been better off with Hugo starting instead of Dembele who nearly picked up a goal but physically found it very difficult. A lot of positives to take but it did show we will not be any fitter than a lot of teams in this division. Made a real change to see us going forward and chasing a goal in the last 10 minutes instead of having our backs against the wall.

Agree  with MH - especially the last 10 minutes - the team will have learnt a lot yesterday - I did think though, that our fitness was greater than that of the Ipswich team

nose

Quote from: Baszab on August 09, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
As warned by all the senior players  from last year - Magath is clueless

Calma my friend, it will be alright.

From what i saw and it was most of the game, we played pretty well but showed the issues with putting too many new players together, however that will improve soon. What i actually thought we were missing was an old fashioned ugly bloke in the middle of mid field prepared to get stuck in and upset the opposition a bit.. otherwise i think we may well be on the right road. i also think I would have played woodrow rather than dembele at the start. woodrow is a thourghbred and dembele clearly has stuff to learn so i would introduce him a bit more gently.

I am not unoptimistic.

alfie

Quote from: jags24 on August 10, 2014, 01:55:22 AM
I'm leery of how things are going.  Yes, it is only one game, but against Ipswich Town?  You have to defeat a team like that.  I don't know how bad it could become - relegation seems unlikely, but so does promotion.

Could it be that we went from a below-par prem league side last year to a below-par champ league side this year?  Time will tell.  Having possession is encouraging, but it needs to translate into victories.

What does that actually mean "you have to defeat a team like that" they are a strong Championship team that only lost what 4/5 home games last season. This was our first game in the Championship with a completly new team. Sometimes i just despair.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Flupp

fp.gif

For all you HATERS .....

1 Word

PATIENCE

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

Deanothefulhamfan

I think it is ironic that you have put patience, and then the shahid khan emote.... as he is the one person who is going to have to be most patient of all.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: alfie on August 10, 2014, 09:22:12 AM
I am a bit lost for words after reading some of these posts, 1 competitive game with a completely new team, going 2 down and then fighting back to 2-1 with some fantastic youthful spirit, and guess what we are already relegation fodder, just amazes me sometimes. I just get the impression that some people just want to moan for the sake of it.

+1

Frank

Against Ipswich Felix let all the youngster play to see who is ready for the championship and for what position new players have to be signed.
On the players is a lot of pressure. That is why some had been nervous. They know all fans want promotion and some of them not beeing patient.

Delboy

After the match I was walking back to my hotel and listening intently to a couple of Ipswich fans analysing the game. The part of their conversation that really interested me went like this. "I'd heard they had a young side but it was like playing a kindergarden team". His mate responded saying "You're right there, but if they keep that side together they will be bloody good". I believe that says it all. We all wanted change and now we have it we must embrace it and get behind the team. Magath obviously has confidence in our youth, so must we. COYW

Logicalman

Quote from: Baszab on August 09, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
As warned by all the senior players  from last year - Magath is clueless

ALL? No overstatement to be seen here, move along now, move along ...

Seriously, there are a few disgruntled players, and they might have a reason to be so disgruntled due to the fact the majority were let go in the twilight of their careers, and they did not exactly cover themselves in glory last season to be in a position to criticize anybody, did they?

Let a number of players that actually had a successful last season speak out, oh, that's right, it would be difficult to name a brace, wouldn't it?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 11, 2014, 11:43:16 AM
It's not Fulhams players that worry me. We have an emerging young talented  that needs a little surgery here and there. What worries me is whether Fekix Magath can handle this situation. His judgements are severely floored, without going back to last season with his odd decision making. How on earth did he come to the conclusion that the promising but undercooked Dembelle was ahead of Woodrow. Roberts and Hugo, I am still getting splinters from scratching my head in disbelief. However. What worries me more, is how will he react to this disappointing result, but encouraging performance. Will he make wholesale changes. Will he put Roberts in goal and Jesse at centre back. Who knows, cause I haven't a clue, and neither does he I expect. I am grateful to him giving youth a chance and they deserve it, and he has clearly made them fitter, but he is a stubborn man and his Man management skills are questionable in conjunction with his poor Command of the English language which makes it difficult to get his point across. So time will tell how he handles this challenge. But for me his negatives out ways his positives, I hope he proves me wrong, but in the main I feel his overall judgement is mediocre, and man management skills are lacking, that is most definite. 

Here you go ... http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/august/09/manager-reaction

sound bites ..
"You see, I'm glad, I'm not very glad, but I'm glad about our performance today," .... "It has shown, in my opinion, that we are going the right way.

"We knew before it was a very difficult game for us, a very tough game, and we expected the Ipswich team to play as they did.

"There is always the balance in the game – we have a lot of young players and our players from the youth academy aren't used to being tackled like they were today, so they have to get used to it.

"It was a good learning session for them because the referee let things go on and so we lost some tackles and therefore, in my opinion, we lost the game.

He continued: "Not most of the time, but in many periods, especially before the first goal, we had control over the game and we were playing very well. After then we were a little bit nervous after the goal so we lost our game plan and unfortunately the second goal came too early in the second half.

"At the end, I'm glad with our performance and I think we're on the right way, and I don't worry about the future."

"You will see the young players will improve," he insisted. "I hope next week in the home game [against Millwall] we have the chance to let the young players go and you will see they will make a good game, and why shouldn't we win?

"Everybody wants young players and now I give young players the chance to play and develop and I feel fine, and the players feel fine and are glad, and so we will go on."

"Yeah, sure," he stated. "The only thing I want is promotion to the Premier League. I didn't come here to England to stay in the Championship for several years.

"I like being a manager in the Championship, for me it's a challenge and a new situation, so I'm very glad about this situation but I don't want to play a few years in the Championship, even though Ipswich is a nice town!"

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.