Main Menu

Fotheringham > David?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 20, 2014, 07:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jmh

I don't think it necessarily means he's considered to be "better" (as your use of > would indicate).  Presumably FM is looking for a different type contribution from that spot in the lineup and that's why we're seeing a more experienced (something that many people have been clamoring for) holding player rather than a younger, more skillful attacking player.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: jmh on August 20, 2014, 07:41:47 PM
I don't think it necessarily means he's considered to be "better" (as your use of > would indicate).  Presumably FM is looking for a different type contribution from that spot in the lineup and that's why we're seeing a more experienced (something that many people have been clamoring for) holding player rather than a younger, more skillful attacking player.

No, sir, all my > symbol meant was that he was chosen into the starting 11 over David this game, and that that choice was bold. I should have been more clear.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jmh

Quote from: maoconnor on August 20, 2014, 07:43:17 PM
Quote from: jmh on August 20, 2014, 07:41:47 PM

No, sir, all my > symbol meant was that he was chosen into the starting 11 over David this game, and that that choice was bold. I should have been more clear.
Got it.  No offense intended by the incorrect interpretation.  I agree that it's a bold choice and I'm a bit confused myself about the seeming abandonment of the diamond we saw in preseason. 

Reznor

I'm afraid FM is starting to appear like a rabbit in the headlights, I fear for us now.

jmh

Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2014, 07:54:45 PM
I'm afraid FM is starting to appear like a rabbit in the headlights, I fear for us now.
This is your characterization and there's no basis in fact.  Read his pre-match comments, he doesn't say anything to give that impression.

Nasty Neil

Quote from: maoconnor on August 20, 2014, 07:34:50 PM
...Bold move, FM....
...Bold move, FM....
perhaps he feels the need to add a more defensive midfielder behind Rivers

Nasty Neil

Quote from: Nasty Neil on August 20, 2014, 08:11:18 PM
...Bold move, FM....
...Bold move, FM....
perhaps he feels the need to add a more defensive midfielder behind Rivers
that should of read Roberts

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: jmh on August 20, 2014, 07:57:56 PM
This is your characterization and there's no basis in fact.  Read his pre-match comments, he doesn't say anything to give that impression.

Not sure now if his team selections aren't starting to prove this !  COYW win this flipping match.  Shot on target would be a start.

Reznor

I personally do not care about his comments. I am only interested in how his teams perform.

jmh

Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2014, 08:50:29 PM
I personally do not care about his comments. I am only interested in how his teams perform.

I think that's much more important too, but you were describing his mental/emotional state, not the performance of his team.

Reznor

Quote from: jmh on August 20, 2014, 08:52:16 PM

I think that's much more important too, but you were describing his mental/emotional state, not the performance of his team.
Ok, I was meaning the team performs like they are managed by a man behaving like a rabbit in the headlights.

jmh

Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2014, 08:55:38 PM

Ok, I was meaning the team performs like they are managed by a man behaving like a rabbit in the headlights.
This is stupid.

Bobby2012

Wtf is Magath doing? Where was Chris David today? Who on earth would play fotheringham above David?????

We played with no balance, no experience, no leadership, no tactical awareness......

callumc513

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 20, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

Not sure now if his team selections aren't starting to prove this !  COYW win this flipping match.  Shot on target would be a start.

I suppose the funny (yet seriously depressing) thing about this is we did only have 1 shot on target tonight.

hopper

Fotheringham was and is a dreadful player. Bizarre, makes you doubt Felix straight up.

MrProphet

Absolutely ridiculous decision a useless journeyman player who by all accounts was struggling in a league 1 team last year. He looked off the pace and if that wild lunge was in the prem that yellow would have been red

Woeful player and I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but even of hyndman was carrying an injury we have Tunnicliffe or eisfeld sat their twiddling their thumbs

Reznor

Quote from: jmh on August 20, 2014, 08:58:40 PM
Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2014, 08:55:38 PM

This is stupid.

I know, that's why I posted it. It's obvious I'm saying Magath is useless. Analyzing posts to death seems pointless to me.