watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry mess since Khan took over.

Started by Reznor, August 20, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reznor

Horrible what is happening Fulham. 5 live got it right tonight when they said we will do well to stay in this league.

fulhamben

Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2014, 10:10:42 PM
Horrible what is happening Fulham. 5 live got it right tonight when they said we will do well to stay in this league.
we will easily stay in this league. we just need to act quickly to try and make play offs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Artful Dodger

Is there anyone at the club who can see what is going on. Khan hasn't got a clue about football and Macintosh presumably won't say anything as Magath was probably his choice anyway. You are right, the club appears to be a mess.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2014, 10:14:45 PM
Quote from: Reznor on August 20, 2014, 10:10:42 PM
we will easily stay in this league. we just need to act quickly to try and make play offs

We won't be relegated but i highly doubt that we will make play-offs.

Jimpav

Won't be relegated but won't get automatic promotion either.

It's been a bad start but we're only 6 points of the league leaders - hardly a chasm in the grand scheme of the season.

ffccornwall

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 20, 2014, 10:15:39 PM
Is there anyone at the club who can see what is going on. Khan hasn't got a clue about football and Macintosh presumably won't say anything as Magath was probably his choice anyway. You are right, the club appears to be a mess.
It is a mess. MAF and his team rarely put a foot wrong in comparison. I said on the day we were relegated that it was Magath's fault with his weird team selections and NOTHING has changed. HE HAS TO GO, what good will patience do,he is a failure at Fulham.

Northern Cottager

3 wins in 16 games from the tactician known for working miracles.

It's a miracle how we've got even worse since Jol but he has managed it.

YankeeJim

One thing I've noticed in my mere eleven years as a masochists known as a Fulham fan, we always need to have someone to toss in for the nimrods to have a feeding frenzy. We had Baird, Dempsey, Sanchez, Jol to name a very few. Now we have Felix. Yes the team is doing poorly. All last year, "give the kids a shot". Felid did. Now its "we need experience". Simple fact is that too many feel the need to criticize, complain and just plain whine. Its tiresome.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 20, 2014, 11:04:16 PM
One thing I've noticed in my mere eleven years as a masochists known as a Fulham fan, we always need to have someone to toss in for the nimrods to have a feeding frenzy. We had Baird, Dempsey, Sanchez, Jol to name a very few. Now we have Felix. Yes the team is doing poorly. All last year, "give the kids a shot". Felid did. Now its "we need experience". Simple fact is that too many feel the need to criticize, complain and just plain whine. Its tiresome.

There's expectations and there are extremes. We called for youth and we got it, far too much of it, a full squad of it and whilst they may claim it's because we called for it - it's simply because it's cheaper than replacing the previous underperforming and over aged squad. #

No-one said please can you promote the full youth team, release all our experienced players and bring in some unknown foreign players who you knew 12 years ago and know nothing about English football to play alongside them. Oh, and when you've done that please go and change the squad completely in time for the next game to shatter our talented youngsters confidence and give the players trying to get used to the league no chance of even recognising the players lining up next to them.

I'd love to agree with you sentiment of its tiring let's all be happy we're alive and what not but if I did agree with you...then we'd both be wrong.

Barrie

But we've gone from one extreme to the other.  Did Felix really believe we could could blood loads of kids straight into the team together and they could compete with seasoned and settled teams?  And what excuse can there be for signing a no mark like Fotheringham.  Tonight was a notable step back when really we need to be improving quickly.

I'm not clamouring for Felix out quite yet, but he's got a lot to do to convince me that he is the man to take us forward.

callumc513

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 20, 2014, 11:08:11 PM

There's expectations and there are extremes. We called for youth and we got it, far too much of it, a full squad of it and whilst they may claim it's because we called for it - it's simply because it's cheaper than replacing the previous underperforming and over aged squad. #

No-one said please can you promote the full youth team, release all our experienced players and bring in some unknown foreign players who you knew 12 years ago and know nothing about English football to play alongside them. Oh, and when you've done that please go and change the squad completely in time for the next game to shatter our talented youngsters confidence and give the players trying to get used to the league no chance of even recognising the players lining up next to them.

I'd love to agree with you sentiment of its tiring let's all be happy we're alive and what not but if I did agree with you...then we'd both be wrong.

God damn I wish I could disagree with every single thing you've written in this post, but I can't.

Hauntingly accurate.

YankeeJim

Quote from: ffccornwall on August 20, 2014, 10:32:59 PM
Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 20, 2014, 10:15:39 PM
It is a mess. MAF and his team rarely put a foot wrong in comparison. I said on the day we were relegated that it was Magath's fault with his weird team selections and NOTHING has changed. HE HAS TO GO, what good will patience do,he is a failure at Fulham.

Well if you set aside Sanchez, Jol, AliMac and not investing for most of three years, MAF never made a mistake.

YankeeJim

nose

i do not mind playing young players but some of them need to be BIG. we have a small lightweight team and far too many very second rate players. even our captain isn't playing well and gives all the impression of not wanting to be here.
the greek is a vvery poor defender, fotherington was as hopeless as i have ever seen a debut
magath has used heaven knows how many players, surekly he must know his best team by now and i simply cannot understan why we let stockdale go, this keeper is a nioghtmare akin to malcolm webster.
BUT
none of that counts, the truth is the chairman, i believe has his heart in the right place but has not the first idea about what needs to be done. the first thing is to clear out the directors and CEo that are overseeing this disaster.
next appointment some proper football people that know how to do the job, or just about anybody else because it couldn't be worse.
change the manager.. i was for him until i saw all the changes tonight again... you will never get anywhere unless the team is settled and clearly he isn't going to do that
get a proper manager like malky mackay, tomorrow and give him just about enough time to buy some bigger players, that can physically compete.
young is good, skill is good but we are just not physical enough..... time to get rid of the manager.... i fear we will be emulating the previous side with two successive relegations, because in three games we have hardly had a shot, scored a single deflected goal and looked second best for far to long against three very ordinary opponents.

i wonder whether we might yet have four managers this season becaus i have so little faith oin the ceo with appointing the correct man!

JDH101

If you don't want to hear peoples opinions then can I suggest that perhaps you don't don't on a fans forum board then? Because all you are going to get is fans opinions. And when then team goes down without a fight like we did last season, and then lose their first three games and only have a handful of shots on targets in the process, you have to assume that most, if not all posts, are going to be negative.

I hate the short sighted view of "Well you fans wanted youth so I am giving youth" that Magath has been spouting and that you spout above. For starters when does any decent manager listen to the fans? They do what they think is right because hopefully these managers know more about their profession than the fans do. But if Magath does give a crap about pleasing us fans, then why not have a poll for us fans to vote on who plays? Right? I mean if he really gives a you know what about us fans, then let us pick the team via a poll online. Of course that is not going to happen!

Us fans don't want just youth. We don't want just a bunch of names like we had under Jol. We want a balanced team that will go out there and compete and give it their all.

The most frustrating thing about all of this, is that if it weren't for upper management and the head coaches we had, we would have stayed up. We had the players to stay up. Don't tell me West Brom or West Ham or Sunderland had better players than us.

And its the same this season. If we could just have a manager that would put out a team of our best players we could probably walk this league.

Sorry to sound negative but its so frustrating to witness another under performing season that is so easy to avoid.

Reznor

Quote from: JDH101 on August 20, 2014, 11:47:13 PM

If you don't want to hear peoples opinions then can I suggest that perhaps you don't don't on a fans forum board then? Because all you are going to get is fans opinions. And when then team goes down without a fight like we did last season, and then lose their first three games and only have a handful of shots on targets in the process, you have to assume that most, if not all posts, are going to be negative.

I hate the short sighted view of "Well you fans wanted youth so I am giving youth" that Magath has been spouting and that you spout above. For starters when does any decent manager listen to the fans? They do what they think is right because hopefully these managers know more about their profession than the fans do. But if Magath does give a crap about pleasing us fans, then why not have a poll for us fans to vote on who plays? Right? I mean if he really gives a you know what about us fans, then let us pick the team via a poll online. Of course that is not going to happen!

Us fans don't want just youth. We don't want just a bunch of names like we had under Jol. We want a balanced team that will go out there and compete and give it their all.

The most frustrating thing about all of this, is that if it weren't for upper management and the head coaches we had, we would have stayed up. We had the players to stay up. Don't tell me West Brom or West Ham or Sunderland had better players than us.

And its the same this season. If we could just have a manager that would put out a team of our best players we could probably walk this league.

Sorry to sound negative but its so frustrating to witness another under performing season that is so easy to avoid.
Great post.

Woolly Mammoth

Magath khan and Mackintosh between them do not know the difference between a Football and a Snowball, they are a Laughing Stock.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.