watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Magath has to go

Started by SouthWest6, August 20, 2014, 10:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

Then he needs to be gone quickly in my opinion. I'm all for giving managers a bit of time, but this one seems a little special in my eyes, and things could end up looking pretty embarrassing for us come the next 5 leagues games. And without piling on even more doom and gloom, theres a certain trip to Brentford coming up that could also end in tears.

Before tonights game, I was willing to give Magath time, but it seems the majority on here are right, and the guy is absolutely clueless. 1 deflected goal in 250 minutes of football, endless defensive mistakes, odd tactics and in every game we've looked far from scoring.

This arrogance not to use players like Dan Burn is driving me mad, refusing to sign an adequate goalkeeper after selling Stockdale was just madness, and to drop both David and Hyndman for Fotheringham is just inexcusable in my eyes.

Problem we have now, is that Magath has pulled that team apart and flooded it with youth players, who for a start look so far out of their depth, or lost. Who ever comes in for this Madman, not only has very little to work with, but also has the job to motivate these players and hobble through until January, whilst avoiding a relegation scrap.

Big job, But what ever happens, you can't give Magath much longer.   

Craven Mad

If Felix stays (At least we'd have some sort of stability...) he needs to start using the best players in the squad and find a first 11. The regular squad should be including: Mitrog, Kaca, Burn, Tunni. He needs to be a man-manager, not just drop anyone who doesn't like him..

Reznor

What I find hard to take is the confidence is being sucked out of our young players. I really don't think the manager has a clue.

One Martin Thomas

Can't believe I am agreeing with a post like this so early on.  Never thought we would be this bad but his teams make no sense whatsoever.  

I wanted Magath to succeed but I can't see any signs of improvement.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 20, 2014, 10:31:14 PM
If Felix stays (At least we'd have some sort of stability...) he needs to start using the best players in the squad and find a first 11. The regular squad should be including: Mitrog, Kaca, Burn, Tunni. He needs to be a man-manager, not just drop anyone who doesn't like him..

Unfortunately this isn't going to happen, the Madman will continue to tinker, drop players, banish them to the under 21's, when realistically we need players like Tunicliffe who would add bite to the side, but no, he ops for bloody Fotherigham of all people. This alone I can't forgive.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 20, 2014, 10:34:46 PM
Can't believe I am agreeing with a post like this so early on.  Never thought we would be this bad but his teams make no sense whatsoever.  

You're bang on. He seems to be likeable to the fans with his communications, his honesty in match conferences but I'd trade that in an instant for someone who gives everyone a fair crack and plays those who apply themselves and have the ability to back up a relationship with the manager. All we have is a team of people who played for him years ago and our youth team who are phenomenal but it's overwhelming, physical and just way to early for all of them. They've literally all been thrown in at the deep end from the beginning of the season, seems clumsy for their development.

Nero

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 20, 2014, 10:37:47 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on August 20, 2014, 10:34:46 PM
Can't believe I am agreeing with a post like this so early on.  Never thought we would be this bad but his teams make no sense whatsoever. 

You're bang on. He seems to be likeable to the fans with his communications, his honesty in match conferences but I'd trade that in an instant for someone who gives everyone a fair crack and plays those who apply themselves and have the ability to back up a relationship with the manager. All we have is a team of people who played for him years ago and our youth team who are phenomenal but it's overwhelming, physical and just way to early for all of them. They've literally all been thrown in at the deep end from the beginning of the season, seems clumsy for their development.

spends more time writing letter giving excuses then teaching the team to defend as a unit.

crazycottager

agreed, but we need a new manager.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Reznor

SouthWest6

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 20, 2014, 11:07:57 PM
Quote from: crazycottager on August 20, 2014, 11:06:51 PM

Pulis?

The harsh reality is, we need a manager who can get results quick, and Pulis is a man who can do that.

crazycottager

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 20, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

Pulis?

The harsh reality is, we need a manager who can get results quick, and Pulis is a man who can do that.

agreed, no time for tippy tappy, we need results

Jimpav

I don't think Pulis would get the best out of the team we have. I would prefer to see a younger manager given a chance.

The lads have raw talent and need someone that can develop them. Pulis would get results but I don't think he would be the right fit for where we are at.

We need the new Brendan Rodgers - the old one would do too in dream land or if we really want to dream then David Moyes would be perfect.

epsomraver

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 20, 2014, 11:10:12 PM

Pulis?

If he comes that would be me finished with |Fulham

ChesterTheTabby

Malky is my choice if we are to get rid of Felix. A part of me wants stability at whatever the cost for once....but if that cost is the future of our club and it's academy talent..Out he must go.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Baszab

Nose- read the texts - then review your proposal !!!

Woolly Mammoth

Tim Sherwood should be considered as he has plenty of experience with youth and English football, and has so much experience as he has also played in English Football and he is English.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.