watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst Pundits Of The WC So Far?

Started by White Noise, June 19, 2010, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Which 'experts', on radio or TV, have annoyed the hell out of you so far?

Ichabod Magoo

Alexi Lalas, the incompetent former general manager who relinquished the MLS rights to Landon Donovan.  The man who feels a need to prove to Steve McManaman that he is football intelligentsia.  A for effort, F for results.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

MGBadrock

Who was that American bloke that did special comments with Martin Tyler for England v USA?
He had no idea, just full of cliches.

Steve_orino

Quote from: MGBadrock on June 20, 2010, 03:59:54 AM
Who was that American bloke that did special comments with Martin Tyler for England v USA?

John Harkes???  Not sure but I believe that's who you're talking about.

My buddy came in town, arriving at the same time as the game started (USA v Slov) & I listened to the radio and that bloody Scot/Irish/English (I don't even know where he's from: ESPN heard he had an accent 30 years ago and added him to their soccer coverage) Tommy Smythe was on there!!!!  If not for the importance of the game, I would have turned it off.  Can Not Stand Listening To Him.   :035:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 20, 2010, 04:07:05 AM
Quote from: MGBadrock on June 20, 2010, 03:59:54 AM

John Harkes???  Not sure but I believe that's who you're talking about.

My buddy came in town, arriving at the same time as the game started (USA v Slov) & I listened to the radio and that bloody Scot/Irish/English (I don't even know where he's from: ESPN heard he had an accent 30 years ago and added him to their soccer coverage) Tommy Smythe was on there!!!!  If not for the importance of the game, I would have turned it off.  Can Not Stand Listening To Him.   :035:
Tommy Smythe is the most annoying Leprechaun to walk on planet earth. And the sad thing is he never played for anybody but some local Irish team nobody ever heard about, yet he sits with this arrogant attitude and thinks he knows every thing known to man about football. I have loads of Irish and Irish American friends here in NY, and they all think he is a complete idiot and a shame to the Irish. They hate him.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimbobob

:018:
On the flip side I wish I knew who did the Denmark - Cameroon match on the ABC/ESPN coverage.
They were very fun to listen to and as crazy as the game was they really added alot. I will have to find out who they are ....they were very good. Give Tommy credit for calling the USA match "day light robbery"... pretty funny. Harkes has gotten better but he is what I call a USA soccer snob and is all full of himself and adds nothing. He used to be MUCH worse. I just like to listen to the commentators from England Scotland etc... :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

finnster01

I think it is time to brush the dust of Alan Partridge and bring him back. :045:

Classic Alan from the 1994 WC:
Alan Partridge in 94
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Steve_orino

Recorded the game...and the commentary was by Ian Darke & Efan Ekoku.

I heard them in an earlier game and appreciated the insight they provided too.
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

McBridefan1

John Harkes should die of Gonorrhea and rot in hell. Alexi Lalas at times aggravates me but his heart is in the right place for me, and that is firmly behind the US. :54:

White Noise

Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 20, 2010, 07:06:06 AM
John Harkes should die of Gonorrhea and rot in hell. Alexi Lalas at times aggravates me but his heart is in the right place for me, and that is firmly behind the US. :54:

When did John Harkes wee on your chips?

Steve_orino

Quote from: White Noise on June 20, 2010, 07:17:14 AM

Very interested in McBfan1's response - BUMP!
@Borino09

GoldCoastWhite

Hope the big fella hasn't had an aneurysm due to a spike in his blood pressure Steve ! Where are you McB ??? Breathe mate, in...and out. In...and out  :51:

Jimbobob

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 20, 2010, 04:54:48 AM

Thanks big guy!!! :sir_roy: They were so enjoyable to litsten to "this is like the keystone cops" as each ream trried to play defense. He had called the winger coming up and boom goal!!!! They were great. :018:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Jimbobob

:dft002:
I am not going to speak for McB1 but I agree with the sentiments completly. Harkes as is mentioned is a "soccer snob" that pretends to be god's gift to the game in knowledge and experience and in reality he is crap. If you were at a pub with him he would be the boorish tool thats going to tell you how it's done.  He is a big reason americans would get turned off to this game if by chance they hear his call. He is a pompus ass.......and he has some beef against team USA.
And like I said he used to be worse.  :54:

Vinnieffc

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 20, 2010, 04:54:48 AM

Agree.  Ian Darke is excellent.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

McBridefan1

Everything Jimbob said plus he is a John Terryesque deuche... just a phony who says crap then the other announcer corrects him and he is forced to agree because he is obviously wrong, just one of those annoying f@ggity type guys who thinks he is a hero. The dying of Gonorrhea and rotting in hell bit is from Ace Ventura pet detective, it was a joke, but effective in describing my feelings for Harkes.

Jimbobob

Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 21, 2010, 02:47:48 PM

Everything Jimbob said plus he is a John Terryesque deuche... just a phony who says crap then the other announcer corrects him and he is forced to agree because he is obviously wrong, just one of those annoying f@ggity type guys who thinks he is a hero. The dying of Gonorrhea and rotting in hell bit is from Ace Ventura pet detective, it was a joke, but effective in describing my feelings for Harkes.
:clap_hands:
Signed... and he really used to be worse I kid you not...a complete ass!!! I have liked Ruud Gullit but I saw he played for Chelsea so I am sure everyone hates him.

Tktd

Mick McCarthy and Chris Coleman - they just seemingly dumb down the whole thing.... plus that Irish guy - where's he come from and why? I thought he was more of a comedian?

FFCSteve

Yep....Mick McCarthy!

Jees that bloke is dull! With a dreary voice!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!