watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

on the other hand

Started by HatterDon, August 23, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Today's result was expected by 32 of the 44 folks who did Mr. Logicalman's prediction list here and on FulhamUSA.com, so it was as far away from being a shock result as is possible.

This result was certainly not a surprise to me. I saw Derby play a couple of times last season, and thought they were certs for automatic promotion then and better than a half dozen Premier League sides -- including us. If I were stupid and self-centered enough to waste any of the household money on wagering how a bunch of men I've never met will prosper in a league filled with other men I've never met, then I'd put it on Derby County getting promoted this season.

So, if there's anyone who wasn't panicking on Friday, he/she shouldn't be panicking today.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TrexFFC

Yeah it's fine to lose. Games have winners and losers but you don't have to take a 5-1 embarrassment though.

Berserker

5-1 was cause the youngster's heads went and they panicked.  Not a surprise with their inexperience
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

K33NY

Quote from: HatterDon on August 23, 2014, 11:43:04 PM
Today's result was expected by 32 of the 44 folks who did Mr. Logicalman's prediction list here and on FulhamUSA.com, so it was as far away from being a shock result as is possible.

This result was certainly not a surprise to me. I saw Derby play a couple of times last season, and thought they were certs for automatic promotion then and better than a half dozen Premier League sides -- including us. If I were stupid and self-centered enough to waste any of the household money on wagering how a bunch of men I've never met will prosper in a league filled with other men I've never met, then I'd put it on Derby County getting promoted this season.

So, if there's anyone who wasn't panicking on Friday, he/she shouldn't be panicking today.

I predicted a 4-0 loss, I was never shocked but the result today would make it for me, either win, and have some belief in FM, lose 1-0 or 2-1 or something, still have a little faith, but anything near my prediction today and I knew I would never have belief in him again.... still not a shock, but damn it hurts....

Bracken White

How on earth could today's result have any impact on your view of our non-Manager? He should have been sacked after Wednesday's debacle and every hour he stays is an hour wasted ... hoping these rumours are true re Sherwood et al.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

the nutflush

So just to clarify, you are calling that loss acceptable?  Did you watch the game?  (That second question is also a serious question.)

YankeeJim

I really wanted to believe in Felix. The odd positioning started my doubts and the dropping of anyone who played well (IE Emerson & Chris David)pushed it along. I never did understand dropping of players who have shown some talent (IE Burn, Kostalot & Ruiz) but todays total capitulation has me in full "sky is falling" mode. I think I'd even take Pulis at this point. Roy's teams weren't usually pretty to watch but you can't deny the results. I'd rather watch a Pulis team with results than what the north bound bull left in the south end of the meadow today. :026:

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 24, 2014, 02:10:57 AM

I really wanted to believe in Felix. The odd positioning started my doubts and the dropping of anyone who played well (IE Emerson & Chris David)pushed it along. I never did understand dropping of players who have shown some talent (IE Burn, Kostalot & Ruiz) but todays total capitulation has me in full "sky is falling" mode. I think I'd even take Pulis at this point. Roy's teams weren't usually pretty to watch but you can't deny the results. I'd rather watch a Pulis team with results than what the north bound bull left in the south end of the meadow today. :026:

Yeah, great film that SkyFall, never thought we'd be starring in the sequel though!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

HatterDon

Quote from: the nutflush on August 24, 2014, 12:14:37 AM

So just to clarify, you are calling that loss acceptable?  Did you watch the game?  (That second question is also a serious question.)

Just to clarify, no

and yes, I watched
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel