watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bolton sign Martin Petrov from Manchester City

Started by Admin, June 23, 2010, 02:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Bolton Wanderers have announced that Manchester City midfielder Martin Petrov will join the club on a free transfer on 1 July.

The 31-year-old was out of contract at Eastlands and was told in June that he would not be offered a new deal by manager Roberto Mancini.

Left-sided Petrov was signed by former City boss Sven Goran Eriksson from Atletico Madrid for £4.7m in 2007.

The Bulgarian international made 66 appearances for City, scoring 12 goals.

Petrov, who was Bulgarian Footballer of the Year in 2006, has previously played for German club Wolfsburg.

He has also made 77 appearances for Bulgaria, scoring 19 international goals.

A good signing for Bolton in my opinion, especially on a free. Will be looking forward to him giving us a few problems 1st game of the season..

Tonywa

Great signing IMHO.  Although seemingly increasingly injury-prone, when at his best, he is one of the players who can change the course of a game on his own and there are few enough of those about!

TW

AlFayedsChequebook

Would have been a good signing, but three things would have worried me:

1) I wonder how much Bolton have given him
2) Where would it leave one of our best players from last season (an to me the second most important after Bobby) Damien Duff?
3) He is injury prone

Travers Barney

Talented and would require a fair few quid each week...not for me.

Too old to join an ageing squad I reckon.

Bet he has a blinder at the Reebok!

56 all in the tennis by the way....9 hours 33 mins on court!

We are the whites
We are the whites

LRCN

nice player but way too injury prone and on high wages too. we got duff and dempsey on the left anyway, would he be improvement on them? don't think so.