watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

**Transfer Deadline Day 01/09/2014** : Merged

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 31, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

What positions do you want us to sign before the 11pm deadline?
Who do you think will leave?
Who do you want us to sign?
Who do you think we will sign?

I think we need a striker if Rodallega goes who is a physical presence up front and creates chances but gets enough goals himself, someone similar to Matt Smith of Leeds or someone who plays similar to the way Kenwyne Jones played yesterday. I know it was very attractive but you need that physical presence in the Chanpionship to succeed. I also think we need a centre mid that is strong and creative, someone like Diame from West Ham. And I also think we need another wide player because I think we lack width and pace out wide, someone who will take on a man and deliver a cross, someone like Sako at Wolves. I think that we will lose Ruiz and Rodallega.

hovewhite

I hope whoever we sgn are fully fit and match fit.

dannyboi-ffc

Ruiz, amorebieta, hugo and kaca all sold.
Tunnicliffe, cole, trotta and mitroglou loaned out.

A winger, midfielder, target man striker brought in and maybe a centre half if the hudson rumours are true. Maybe two of them 4 will be signed in the extended loan window after the deadline.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

We have a lot of players in our squad,23 have already made championship appearances , surely we have to sell before we can buy. This must mean any signings must be late in the day and we risk missing the deadline especially if medicals are involved.

Oh why is it always left so late.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2014, 09:47:15 PM
We have a lot of players in our squad,23 have already made championship appearances , surely we have to sell before we can buy. This must mean any signings must be late in the day and we risk missing the deadline especially if medicals are involved.

Oh why is it always left so late.

It's left late because one transfer move triggers another move, it's called the domino effect. Now Mitroglou has gone and off the wages bill we can now go for someone we have hopefully lined up to replace him etc, etc.

K33NY

I really cant tell who I think we will sign, because Felix has seen so incompetent regarding signings, not just in Fulham but other clubs as well.....

I really wish we had gone for a bit experienced CM, a creative one with some quality, most likely above 23-24 age....
But it is hard to say who or what position he will sign.....

The Rock

I fully expect Mitro, Rodallega, Ruiz, tuni, Zvrotic, lovebite, and the kid on loan to Brentford last year to be gone. All the other kids had a shot, but it's clear these players are "losers" and not good enough for Fulham (though 1/2 of that lot played in the World Cup).

I also fully expect the sale of those "losers" to bring in a top class CM and CB.

I also fully expect to be gutted that our gaffer will keep anything close to the above from happening.

Fulham Tup North

:54:  I hope Rodders stays as he has Championship experience and even if used as a 'super-sub' will offer us something.
Midfield is still looking weak, although we do have a couple of youngsters / newby's who can slot in there.
I was a big Stockdale fan and to lose him and see him replaced by a 'veteran' is a concern.
But as others have posted, with FM in charge literally anyone could be coming to CC?
Lets cross our fingers and hope friends :)     049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Captain Fulhamerica

Would like to see another striker, especially since McCormack seems to like to drop deep/drift wide.  We need a true poacher to finish some of the chances we are creating. 

To be honest, I'm not sure how many of our want-away players will be jettisoned.  I suspect a Amore and Roda are on wages that are too high for their level.  I do think Ruiz will go, and it seem Mitro is already gone.  I hope Kaca stays, as I think he could be a good winger at this level. 

I suspect FM is looking to strength at CB and ST, so I expect on of both to come in.  Matt Smith seems like a decent buy, would give as a target in the air, something we don't seem to have at the moment.  Haven't heard much about possible CBs.  Hopefully we can find one with Championship/Prem experience.

..Kya.ffc..

Rather than create multiple posts in the main Forum, please post any Fulham related deadline day transfer news here;

Fc Copenhagen manager Ståle Solbakken, said a couple of hours ago that they where close getting Alexander Kacaniklic but he chose to go to Southampton on loan instead.

From Danish football page: http://www.bold.dk/nyt/avis-fck-var-taet-paa-kacaniklic

If I missed a post on this then merge or delete it.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

God The Mechanic

I think the Championship is his level and he'd do a good job for us, but if he goes to Southampton then best of luck to him.

crazycottager

Humbled

Arthur

Quote from: Humbled on September 01, 2014, 04:30:10 AM
Glenn Murray anyone??

Good suggestion.

If he can rediscover the goalscoring form he showed at Palace before his injury, he would obviously be an asset.

Forever Fulham

We lack size and brute power on offense.  We have clever, good ball possession, smaller men who are getting stood up and shut down by the center backs of this league.  We need a door knocker, a bull rusher, someone with a little nasty in him.  A run you over kind of guy.  In the middle up top, not on the wing.  He's got to be a team player, not a Zamora sulker. 
Someone who instills some fear and trepidation when he crosses the 18 with a head of steam. 

But more than anything, we need the right kind of holding mid.  I'm liking Hoogland, don't get me wrong.  He works hard, covers a lot of ground, takes his chances and opportunities when they arise, and hurries back when possession is turned over.  But he, too, is lacking in size. And his distribution is just OK.  I'm not looking for great possession and dribbling skills from a holding mid.  A few steps with the ball and then a quality pass.  On defense, I want to see a great anticipator of the Next Pass.  I want him to intercept and early.  Slow the developing play, give his back line time to get in position.  Stand the ball carrier up, shut down his forward progress, and go for the strip and quick transition pass.  No quarter.  A minimum of jockeying.  And while being a tenacious force of nature, avoid the yellow.  That's hard.  But if we find that guy, think of the pressure we can put opposing defenses under. 

Berserker

I'm surprised he is going
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Slaphead in Qatar

he played well for us a few weeks ago. subbed and not seen again. typical felix.

Jamie88

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 01, 2014, 06:54:06 AM
he played well for us a few weeks ago. subbed and not seen again. typical felix.

It was only a week ago at Derby he came on. I'm sure if he stays he will get the odd opportunity

I can't say I blame him for wanting more football though

rockieroad

Good luck. Think the guy is hopeless but if Koeman wants him there must be something good in him.

MasterHaynes

Under the right manager he could thrive, certainly a confidence player that a lot of talent but needs to mature and polish his game. I remember many people screaming at Routledge when he played for us and similarly QPR fans thinking they had got a good deal when they sold him to Swansea. Now look at him.