watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

**Transfer Deadline Day 01/09/2014** : Merged

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, August 31, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beijing ben

Regarding ruiz, isnt the dutch transfer window still open?

premFlem

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 02, 2014, 01:27:51 AM
Quote from: premFlem on September 02, 2014, 01:19:50 AM
The real quality lies hidden in premier league squads, hopefully that's where we'll be looking for a couple of players on loan that will the allay fears of pending doom. 
These players don't come cheap, so there you go loads of money.
If this doesn't happen then I must agree, it would have been a pretty poor window if were looking to push for promotion.

Magath doesn't seem to like players who are not fully committed to the club and this seems to include the idea of loan signings.
Maybe he's not as rigid as he makes out or made out to be, or genuinely feels he has enough options already . time will tell
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

west kowloon white

Which Championship signing would have improved us?"Serious " question.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: nixie-ffc on September 02, 2014, 01:07:15 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 02, 2014, 12:31:29 AM
Quote from: nixie-ffc on September 02, 2014, 12:28:05 AM
isnt our new signing gonna think 'is mccormack 20 times better player than i am?'

how would u feel if your co worker was being paid 20 times more than you for the same job?

How much are they getting paid?  £2k a week and £40k a week?  £1k and £20k?

i should have said 'is mccormack worth 20 times more than me?'

Does anyone really think like that? Bale isn't better than Ronaldo because of the fee. Smith isn't better than Lewandowski. Many factors come into play, and from all accounts Smith and McCormack were pretty decent together at Leeds so I doubt they'll even think of how much each other costs.

Also the McCormack fee is a potential total, not what he has cost at this point.  If he scores the goals to take us up I doubt anyone will question his value.

westcliff white

Rodders didn't stay because he wanted too, no club would pay him any where near what we would. Spoke to 3 clubs apparently yesterday. Sadly we are stuck with his high wage for low output.

Yes he has pace, yes he can control the ball and yes he can shoot, sadly he can't do any of these things well or consistently
Every day is a Fulham day

Deanothefulhamfan

Awful window from Fulham.... How we have not addressed our biggest problem is baffling....

Buying Matt Smith, who looks set to replace Woodrow makes me disgusted.... What a joke club we have become

westcliff white

Matt Smith is a decent player no more no less, he had a good partnership with McC last season so assuming that's why we went for him. Cauley will be a good player, if he had stuck the one away before half time last week his confidence would have soared and who knows if we would have gone for Smith yesterday,for me having him and Smith to compliment McC is a good idea.

Deanothefulhamfan

I disagree WW, imo he is a poor player, Ok he worked well with RM last season, but RM was having his one good season in 5, so everything looked good. My Oldham supporting mate, has said he is ok at league one, but nothing to get excited about.

If we wanted a big man up front who is good at holding onto the ball, we should have looked to Marcello Trotta who is more prolific, and is a decent footballer. MS offers us nothing more than route one football....

Northern Cottager

No width, an abundance of bang average strikers, no defensive midfielders and our best players excluded completely from the squad. Oh, and we've loaned out our experienced midfielder to Championship competitors (albeit they're likely to be competing at the right end of the table)

Absolutely fantastic.

Up the creek without a paddle, I think. No doubt awful run into January and a few panic buys ala Mitrogolou to keep us up. Genuinely think we're going to struggle never mind go up.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 02, 2014, 09:00:05 AM
No width, an abundance of bang average strikers, no defensive midfielders and our best players excluded completely from the squad. Oh, and we've loaned out our experienced midfielder to Championship competitors (albeit they're likely to be competing at the right end of the table)

Absolutely fantastic.

Up the creek without a paddle, I think. No doubt awful run into January and a few panic buys ala Mitrogolou to keep us up. Genuinely think we're going to struggle never mind go up.

+1.... RT going to Blackburn sums up exactly what sort of joke club we have become, absolute shambles

westcliff white

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 02, 2014, 08:18:13 AM
I disagree WW, imo he is a poor player, Ok he worked well with RM last season, but RM was having his one good season in 5, so everything looked good. My Oldham supporting mate, has said he is ok at league one, but nothing to get excited about.

If we wanted a big man up front who is good at holding onto the ball, we should have looked to Marcello Trotta who is more prolific, and is a decent footballer. MS offers us nothing more than route one football....
I didnt say he was good I said he was decent, Trotta should have been given a shot I 1000% agree but for what ever reason no manager has ever wanted to give him that at Fulham (which makes me wonder but that's a different discussion). As I said I can only assume he was bought due to their partnership last season, so from that perspective maybe it is a good idea. I far from said he was a good player!!

FFCsince64

Agree with all who think Trotta should have been given a chance with the first team.  All he has ever done wherever he has played is score goals.   Have Fulham's managers and executives not been aware of this?  During the relegation battle and this season, did the team not need a proven goal scorer?  Why does the club turn its back on players like Trotta and Stockdale who have shown the quality to be real assets, when such assets are sorely needed? 

RidgeRider

It's the new Fulham really. New owner, new manager, seems they remove as much of the personnel past as possible, and start over. Whether that is smart or not, we shall see, but ego's are always involved and both Magath and Khan have had success in their previous endeavors, so I am sure as a collective they believe in their individual visions.

One the final day, we didn't get much business done but, as a window we did ok, maybe not enough quality but we shall see.

Smith
Kiraly
McCormack
Hutchinson
Hoogland
Stafy
Bodurov
Voser
Cassola
Eisfeld
Fotheringham
Fazlic