more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Attention to Khan, season ticket refunds, transfer disappointment...merged

Started by crazycottager, September 01, 2014, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

We have all been duped - as I wrote in this board months ago

I bought my family's and my season tickets in good faith in May to continue supporting my team for the 50th year.

This team and club is Fulham in name only - all the players from May have been stripped out and there has been NO "promotion push" as promised. There is no Fulham spirit with FM.

The season tickets' sales and advertising were made on false promises and the sales probably contravene the SGA  - Kiraly, Fotheringham and Smith et al NOT "fit for purpose"

I did not need to buy 4 expensive season tickets - just could have attended when and where I wanted.

I want my money back

Martinsback

Here's a thought. We have a manager who is determined to create a squad in his own image, to that end he gets rid of all the old players and trains the existing young players to play "his way". The fruits of this were in the first half of the game on Saturday where at times we looked like the Harlem Globe Trotters compared to a team that had won 5 out of 6 games. If this is the case, why would this same manager want some "big name" who expects to be in the squad each week without fail disrupting his plans? 

Maybe, our lack of investment is that the club have agreed with the manager's approach and are waiting to see if it works out.

Nero

by buying the players we have we have made sure they will stay for a few years as no one else we will to buy them

callumc513

Not certain that's how a season ticket works, pal.

Arthur

Quote from: callumc513 on September 01, 2014, 11:23:12 PM
Nothing more than a gimmicky striker...

I wonder what meaning you attach to 'gimmicky'. He doesn't strike me as the sort of player whose game is little more than step-overs and Fancy-Dan flicks.

Martinsback

I too was gutted by our performance on Saturday, it was worse than at Derby..burnt my motor racing ticket because my team didnt win the first three grand prix...no team ever improves.

nose

Quote from: Martinsback on September 01, 2014, 11:33:00 PM
Here's a thought. We have a manager who is determined to create a squad in his own image, to that end he gets rid of all the old players and trains the existing young players to play "his way". The fruits of this were in the first half of the game on Saturday where at times we looked like the Harlem Globe Trotters compared to a team that had won 5 out of 6 games. If this is the case, why would this same manager want some "big name" who expects to be in the squad each week without fail disrupting his plans? 

Maybe, our lack of investment is that the club have agreed with the manager's approach and are waiting to see if it works out.

the firsst half was amazing... the best for ages, maybe years... i was happy
then felix decided to make subsitutions....  i was devastated that he was so inept with the changes, hence the complete lack of faith.

callumc513

Quote from: Arthur on September 01, 2014, 11:35:22 PM

I wonder what meaning you attach to 'gimmicky'. He doesn't strike me as the sort of player whose game is little more than step-overs and Fancy-Dan flicks.

Sorry, I should have been clearer to be fair.
I mean gimmicky in that he's tall; and that's about it.

Lighthouse

Old football saying - one good 45 minutes does not a season make. Just ask Jol
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Quote from: callumc513 on September 01, 2014, 11:39:46 PM

we finally have our version of peter crouch after all these years

Berserker

I think it's getting players to want to play for a championship side that is an issue
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

What with Burn up one end and Smith up the other at least we will balanced from a sideways view
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

callumc513

Quote from: Nero on September 01, 2014, 11:44:14 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on September 01, 2014, 11:39:46 PM

we finally have our version of peter crouch after all these years

Didn't Roy say he was planning on signing Crouch for us?

EJL

Buying a season ticket is very much like paying for cinema entry.

You fork out money knowing that what you see might not live up to expectations or promises; it might not be worth the money, but that's the risk you take. If you want your money back, too bad.

fulhamben

Quote from: EJL on September 02, 2014, 12:02:32 AM
Buying a season ticket is very much like paying for cinema entry.

You fork out money knowing that what you see might not live up to expectations or promises; it might not be worth the money, but that's the risk you take. If you want your money back, too bad.
you would have to be a little loopy to go and watch the same bad movie 23 times
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

crazycottager

Quote from: crazycottager on September 01, 2014, 11:15:18 PM
Quote from: callumc513 on September 01, 2014, 11:12:38 PM
Quote from: watfordwhite on September 01, 2014, 11:06:58 PM
I would sooner have Smith than 2Bobatoff. Waste of time, effort and money. Glad we got rid of him.

Jesus Christ.

and what is your grudge with smith I ask? all day you've been putting him down, and i'm curious why

Watching him play fairly regularly for Oldham.
Nothing more than a gimmicky striker who has only really achieved recognition through a goal or two in the FA Cup.

That being said I'd be happy to eat my words if he and McCormack can bang in the goals this season.

fair play to you there, I agree, just want to see him with ross again before I judge ;]

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Lighthouse

:005: As merged threads go this one makes little or no sense. Like reading a schizophrenic arguing with voices in his head. I should know, this thread reads like an average day in my life.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2014, 08:16:41 PM
Surely its down to khan, what manager decides to get rid of all its good players and spend nothing on replacements.

Good players ?
The ones who got us relegated in a very poor PS.
The ones who basically didn't give a toss and gave up trying irrespective of how bad they were
managed, that is no excuse.......wear the Fulham shirt with pride.
Good players, which ones  would you have kept ?

I'm not a Magath fan but man for man, the best 6 now are far better and committed than the last lot.

W knew what FM was all about, I'm staggered that it took so many so long to realize that he would (and is
doing) exactly what he's done previously.

So, assuming Khan has no idea,   who suggested, Rene and the Magath.
All fingers point towards McIntosh.

Maybe:

" Shahid, I know you said money was no object,  but I don't think we need to spend much"
"But, I want to do everything possible to get us promoted, I've got the money"
"But we don't need it, I am the one"
"Well you come with the highest reccomendation from he who knows stuff, Ali Thingy"
"We have lots of kids here and if I bring in these people we will sail through"
"Mmmmmmm.....who's Fotheringham, Kiraly and Tazlic"
"You leave it to me"
"But I promised the fans"
"Don't worry I've got them wrapped around zee small finger with my letters each week"
"If this doesn't work you will be in deep Doo Doo Felix"
"It will, (under his breath)  and if it doesn't I'll be a lot richer, when you sack me"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RidgeRider

Have to agree with you Mr. Lighthouse. Might have mopped the floor once too many times on this one. :)