watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Karaly

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 01, 2014, 08:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

has been given the Number 1 shirt - that is not going to inspire much confidence in the other two lads

ChesterTheTabby

We will see if he actually plays for us - He was brought in mainly as a cheap mentor for Joronen and Betinelli, even FM was honest about that. He took a cheap, end of his career goal keeper who wanted to come to England mainly as a mentor...however, knowing Mad Magoo would not be surprised to see him between the sticks. Betinelli looks like quite the starting prospect, and I hope that within these two weeks of internationals he can show what he is worth and keep his spot.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

crazycottager

let's see how he does

res

Don't think the shirt numbers mean anything. Still see Karaly as a bench warmer while Jorenen and Belliteni get game time, either as our no. 1 or on loan....no point in one of them sitting on the bench not playing.

leonffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 01, 2014, 08:08:26 PM
has been given the Number 1 shirt - that is not going to inspire much confidence in the other two lads

The other two lads already have their squad numbers registered for the season. Him being given the No.1 will make no difference to them.
Plus, I'm sure they have been given assurances and these days squad numbers often mean very little to a lot of players. To be given the number 1 next season will be a great boost to whichever keeper gets it but until then nothing can be done

PokerMatt

Maybe it was vacant. In fact yes, yes it was vacant.

Non-story of the day award.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

valdeingruo

Probably Pascal Zuberbühler reincarnate.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

EJL

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

That's nice.
2 goalkeepers and 2 goalkeeping coaches
We really know how to look after our players.
When Mark Maunders took the job I doubt if he expected that would be part of it  :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

H4usuallysitting

Oh dear quote from Magath:-

"But if Kiraly's good enough, there's no reason why he shouldn't play. So now we have competition for three keepers and the best one will play."

jmh

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 01, 2014, 08:48:20 PM
Maybe it was vacant. In fact yes, yes it was vacant.

Non-story of the day award.
Bigger non-story than the fact that he wears sweatpants?  I say they're about equal.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

"If he's good enough"   ?

He must have thought so when he bought him,
what's changed, maybe he's a week older ?

H4usuallysitting

Maybe that's Magath's way of saying he's playing against Reading

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 02, 2014, 09:37:15 PM
Maybe that's Magath's way of saying he's playing against Reading

And that would be another nonsensical decision

Roberty

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 01, 2014, 08:08:26 PM

The fact you selectively read what FM said does not inspire much confidence in me

Instead of mischief making you could have gone on the read that he was brought in as back up (bench warming) and to help with the development of the two young keepers.

Since no team plays with a team numbered 1 to 11, there is not so much information to be had from the allocation of the squad numbers any more.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

westcliff white

FM also said this (off the FFC website....

"I was searching now for an older goalkeeper whose career is at the end and he should join us and both young goalkeepers to teach them and help them to develop. Therefore, I took a 38-year-old. If he is good enough and in good shape, why shouldn't he play? We have competition now in the team with three goalkeepers and the best will play."

Kiraly is famous for wearing jogging bottoms on the pitch and Magath had no problems with the veteran sporting those for Fulham, stating: "Yeah sure, he always wears these trousers so why not if he keeps out goals he can wear all the trousers he likes!"

To me he is not saying he will or wont play but he will be in the mix along with the Joronen and Bettenelli
Every day is a Fulham day

Roberty

Quote from: westcliff white on September 03, 2014, 07:35:45 AM

"I was searching now for an older goalkeeper whose career is at the end and he should join us and both young goalkeepers to teach them and help them to develop. Therefore, I took a 38-year-old. If he is good enough and in good shape, why shouldn't he play? We have competition now in the team with three goalkeepers and the best will play."

Kiraly is famous for wearing jogging bottoms on the pitch and Magath had no problems with the veteran sporting those for Fulham, stating: "Yeah sure, he always wears these trousers so why not if he keeps out goals he can wear all the trousers he likes!"

To me he is not saying he will or wont play but he will be in the mix along with the Joronen and Bettenelli

But it does not say he will and that is what you would like me to believe.

I would be sure that if Ali Mac or Khan were good enough and fit enough they would play - but it is not likely to happen

Now if you think that both Bettinelli and Joronen are duds and will turn out to be a waste of space - then he will be playing

Maybe you can express an opinion on that rather that carry on with this mischief making.

westcliff white

Quote from: Roberty on September 03, 2014, 07:46:10 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 03, 2014, 07:35:45 AM

But it does not say he will and that is what you would like me to believe.

I would be sure that if Ali Mac or Khan were good enough and fit enough they would play - but it is not likely to happen

Now if you think that both Bettinelli and Joronen are duds and will turn out to be a waste of space - then he will be playing

Maybe you can express an opinion on that rather that carry on with this mischief making.
I am not mischief making, quite insulting to be called that, I always look at both sides of discussions as that is my job. However I never said he would play, just  saying that Felix said he is in the mix, there is another quote as well...

"But if Kiraly's good enough and he should be, there's no reason why he shouldn't play. We have competition for three keepers and the best one will play, whoever that is."

For me and I don't want him to play at all, for me a backwards step, I was very critical of going for him, considering we could have got Hildebrand. Sadly I think he is in with a good shout of starting the next game in 10 days time, he ousted Joronen from the bench after being here for a day so who knows how things will progress.

Roberty

He said a lot of things and I was pointing out that you chose to ignore this:-

The veteran custodian will be required to fight for a place, but just as importantly train and develop Marcus Bettinelli and Jesse Joronen, currently battling each other for the gloves.

I am happy to retract my accusation of mischief making because I am sure that you must have overlooked that comment for some other reason

As to Jororen not being on the bench - what good will warming the bench do for his development? He is better off training or playing in one of our other teams.

westcliff white

I had not ignored that statement at all as I quoted he said all 3 would be in competition and that he would teach the youngsters.

As isay part of my job to look at everything, being a mediator it comes naturally

I think you can be on the bench and still play for the U21's on a Thursday (unless we play on the Wednesday etc). I am hoping if we loan him that if Bettenelli gets injured we recall him and play him and keep Kiraly on the bench. But I just have a bad feeling Kiraly will get the nod which is something that will be a massive backwards step