watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Green did get that ball

Started by sipwell, June 23, 2010, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

I don't get why all the Englanders are fretting about Green. He did get that ball in the end, did he not?

Robert Green Mistake. If only things had been different...

Oh and good luck this evening lads. If you lose, I might laugh until the next World Cup starts. There were planning to win this cup, weren't they?  :022:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

What is this sorcery? This sounds like a conspiracy!  :017:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkedHat

Quote from: sipwell on June 23, 2010, 10:51:55 AM
I don't get why all the Englanders are fretting about Green. He did get that ball in the end, did he not?

Robert Green Mistake. If only things had been different...

Oh and good luck this evening lads. If you lose, I might laugh until the next World Cup starts. There were planning to win this cup, weren't they?  :022:

If you are going to insult us please do so in English. "There were planning to win the cup" makes as much sense as your jibes. :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Airfix

All the blood rushing to your head, CH?  Well, you ARE upside-down. 

Fine way to greet a new poster!

LBNo11

...could you do the same for Peter Mellor in the 1975 FA Cup final please.. :dft004:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sipwell

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 23, 2010, 10:55:21 AM

If you are going to insult us please do so in English. "There were planning to win the cup" makes as much sense as your jibes. :019:

I might as well retort to speak Dutch or French or German. Would that be better? :D

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

CorkedHat

"Englander"- Bloody hell he is a German.
Bang on with 'retort' OBS  :doh:

sipwell

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

or you could stop being a TROLL & a WUM and just buggeroff and leave us alone?

The Equalizer

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 23, 2010, 02:06:42 PM

Steady on guys. Sipwell is neither a WUM nor a TROLL. He's a new member of this board, a friend of Airfix and recently of mine and a new found Fulham supporter. He was on the trip to Hamburg with us, having joined us from his home in Belgium en route.

Now can everyone calm it down, this is a friendly board!

LB, was that good enough for me to earn my moderator's badge?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Airfix

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 23, 2010, 02:06:42 PM

RSR - you are speaking to a good, good friend of mine who I have asked to come onto the FoF messageboard.  Sipwell is Belgian and is well regarded in other circles that I frequent for having a wicked sense of humour and a ready wit.

Can I suggest that an apology may be in order?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

OK I'll aploigise, however,the guys earlier post WAS in the style of a WUM, and there WAS a question mark after my request

Airfix

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 23, 2010, 02:22:16 PM
OK I'll aploigise, however,the guys earlier post WAS in the style of a WUM, and there WAS a question mark after my request

Done and dusted.

For the record, sip and I have a running "England vs Belgium" thing going.  He tells me why England is poo, I tell him why Belgium is insignificant.

If you really want to annoy him, mention David Platt.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Cool
but doesn't David Platt annoy everybody :dft012:

Airfix

Sure.

But Belgians, especially!

Think "Maradonna"

LBNo11

...more crawling required Eq, I may give you a prefects badge though.

Now, seeing as Sipwell is also known to me - via Airfix, I know he is neither a Troll or a WUM, although he may be a Walloon.

Seeing as my mother originated from Belgium I feel I should half defend him,  wheras my English side should tell him to bog off, what a dilemma!  :doh:

A Johnny foreigner with a sense of humour is always welcome on here, our own version of Moritz Volz if you like.

Now what did the Belgians ever do for us.. apart from lethal beers, chocolate, cakes - oh! and my mother and godmother..?

:008:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

I AM SPARTACUS - And a well known Belgianese

But  I am not known to me. So abuse away
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sipwell

Quote from: Airfix on June 23, 2010, 02:26:36 PM

If you really want to annoy him, mention David Platt.

Right. Sharing my biggest secret with the whole world, shall we? I normally only say that after the fourth date :P

Mentioning David Platt has the same effect on Belgians as mentioning the Scottish play (Macbeth) has on actors in that famous episode of Blackadder IIII.

I didn't want to offend anyone really and if that came across as such I have to apologize myself as well. I like mirroring statements of what people previously said. The rhetoric in the English newspapers (and dare I say: with some English friends) was that the group stage would be a walk in the park. Apparently it isn't.

The argument for an argument (trolling or whatever it is called) is simply below my personal dignity. :-)

Oh, and if anyone is wondering: on paper, Belgium has won the world cup at least 4 times! At least!

CorkedHat

Now I know who he is I too shall unreservedly apologise. On Face Book he and I have often joined forces to serve it large (in a fun way) to Airfix but when I read the initial post I did not think it would have emanated from him. He is indeed a good man with a great sense of humour and I accept that I over reacted to being called an Englander  :012: Sorry.
And to think that I lived amongst the Flems for many years