Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 02, 2014, 02:44:40 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2014, 02:31:57 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 02, 2014, 02:09:43 AM
Quote from: Berserker on September 01, 2014, 11:42:42 PM
Where he played in the world cup?

But he can't play in Brazil every game

Wait, so you're saying he can only play well in the World Cup?

Noooooo

Some one asked where he would play
The reply was 'Where he played in the World Cup"
My response about not playing every game in Brazil meant
he would hsve to play them in England

I got it.
And laughed.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Airfix on September 02, 2014, 09:21:01 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 02, 2014, 02:44:40 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2014, 02:31:57 AM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 02, 2014, 02:09:43 AM
Quote from: Berserker on September 01, 2014, 11:42:42 PM
Where he played in the world cup?

But he can't play in Brazil every game

Wait, so you're saying he can only play well in the World Cup?

Noooooo

Some one asked where he would play
The reply was 'Where he played in the World Cup"
My response about not playing every game in Brazil meant
he would hsve to play them in England

I got it.
And laughed.

I found it funny too. Amazes me how some people dont catch on sometimes. I thought it was quite obvious
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

terryr

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 01, 2014, 11:14:06 PM
said on twitter - we still have Bryan Ruiz in a Black and White (with a bit of Grey) shirt - no takers, not even Tony and Guy wanted him
:Haynes The Maestro:

Aaron

Would it be fair to assume then that there wasn't a single offer for Ruiz?  Keeping him wrapped in cotton wool until January would be completely pointless.  If nobody wants him now why would they want him after another 3 months without any football?

I think the fact that he's still here should come as something of a wake up call to those hanging onto the belief that he will somehow be our salvation.  Surely at this stage we'd have taken virtually any offer for him and yet, off the back of a decent performance at the world cup, no one has come calling.

As much as I'd loved to be proven wrong, the problems that made Ruiz an utter failure in the Premier League are just going to be exacerbated in the Championship.  It's more physical and we have an even more insane manager at the helm right now who is just as unlikely to find the much fabled "Ruiz Golden Position" as Jol was.

Even if we do find the right position which affords Ruiz lots of time on the ball to work his magic without any danger of being tackled it's only going to work for a match or two before every opponent works out all they need to do is muscle him out of the game and the wheels fall off.

This isn't me being negative either, I just think we have better options in the squad already.  It's a shame he didn't get his move.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Peabody on September 01, 2014, 11:26:52 PM
For his and our sake, he has to play, certainly until the next window.

What about Mitro, has he gone?

on loan for the season, he's still our player

shnlwswlkr

Doesn't the loan window open again soon for a month? If so, he'll probably go out on loan, again?
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

the nutflush

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 02, 2014, 11:20:38 AM
Doesn't the loan window open again soon for a month? If so, he'll probably go out on loan, again?

And we will probably end up paying 90% of his wages.  It says a lot about him if nobody wanted to pick him up after having a couple of decent games in the world cup.  They've obviously seen he has been a miserable failure here and figure he's not worth a serious transfer fee.

filham

Quote from: Aaron on September 02, 2014, 10:33:20 AM
Would it be fair to assume then that there wasn't a single offer for Ruiz?  Keeping him wrapped in cotton wool until January would be completely pointless.  If nobody wants him now why would they want him after another 3 months without any football?

I think the fact that he's still here should come as something of a wake up call to those hanging onto the belief that he will somehow be our salvation.  Surely at this stage we'd have taken virtually any offer for him and yet, off the back of a decent performance at the world cup, no one has come calling.

As much as I'd loved to be proven wrong, the problems that made Ruiz an utter failure in the Premier League are just going to be exacerbated in the Championship.  It's more physical and we have an even more insane manager at the helm right now who is just as unlikely to find the much fabled "Ruiz Golden Position" as Jol was.

Even if we do find the right position which affords Ruiz lots of time on the ball to work his magic without any danger of being tackled it's only going to work for a match or two before every opponent works out all they need to do is muscle him out of the game and the wheels fall off.

This isn't me being negative either, I just think we have better options in the squad already.  It's a shame he didn't get his move.

Yes, Ruiz has been tried time and again in different positions over a three year period by different Fulham managers and has never really been worth a team place. Other english clubs are aware of his failings at Fulham and it would seem are not really interested in him.

Our chances of recovering some of the huge fee paid for him are slim , the best bet would be from an overseas team where the football is slower. It looks like another loan season for him.

Must add though that he is a lovely player with great skills but just not suited to English football.
Berbatov and Ruiz should have been a dream ticket for us , but it was a failure.

Huxley

Ruiz has not been played in the right position which is behind the striker so as a 10. If berbatov has not been there we would have finally seen him shine. Instead he was played on the wings or worse as a CM. Lost confidence and lost the crowd. Now we have McCormack who plays in that position now that we have a target man. Yes they are very different players but I see them competing for a spot. Good luck Bryan. Rather have him here now than go for £2m and get some random journeyman come in on the free or for up to 500k. Would love to see McCormack and Ruiz play as the front two and see how that works out.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I can't see him playing just behind the main striker (No 10 as it's refered to)
It's far too nasty, dangerous, constricted, rough, thuggish, brutal, UGGGHHH and too
close to the two real nasties, the center backs.
These guys are real bullies.

The whistle blows for the start of each game.
"Dead Man Walking"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

AlexH

I think it's worth giving him a shot in the Champ. At the very worst, he'll be what he's been for the past three years - the odd goal but generally too weak and slow.

I have a sneaky suspicion he could do a Taraabt and do pretty well. But I don't see where he fits in now we have Smith/McCormack.

nose

Quote from: Berserker on September 02, 2014, 07:26:26 AM
I meant the position he played in the World Cup, it seems to suit him

taking your comment seriously....
in brazil it seemed to me floated quite a bit and as such didn't have to do much tracking back
it also seemed to me he was afforded loads of room and not closed down at all quickly and as such had the opportunity to compose himself and have a good look round before deciding how to proceed. in the championship i suspect the pace will mean the game will just pass him by.
the way we played the first half V cardiff would have totally been beyond him, the pace was simply to fast and furious, we played like the harlem globetrotters and he is more of a boycott stylr cricketer.

We shall see what we shall see but i suspect magath will not play ruiz, if he was going to he would have done by now.

YoungsBitter

I just re-read all of Sarah's tweets and typically since Magath has been in charge she says nothing other than is on the Offal. It says nothing about Ruiz staying, and as the Turkish window is open for the rest of the month of September - as is Russia's - I think you can forget Ruiz. Besiktas has agreed terms, it just needs finalizing. http://www.besiktas-international.com/transfers/besiktas-edging-closer-signing-bryan-ruiz-martin-linnes/
Quark, strangeness and charm

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Berserker on September 02, 2014, 07:26:26 AM
I meant the position he played in the World Cup, it seems to suit him

I know   :0)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Julius Geezer

Can't see any of these three being REALLY committed to the cause this year!

I reckon only Rodallega will be with us for the season.

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

westcliff white

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 02, 2014, 07:07:11 PM
Can't see any of these three being REALLY committed to the cause this year!

I reckon only Rodallega will be with us for the season.
He may be with us but I hope he isn't picked above McC, Smith, Woodrow or Dembele
Every day is a Fulham day

H4usuallysitting

We will probably see Hugo against Doncaster

WayneKerrins

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on September 02, 2014, 12:14:37 PM
Ruiz has not been played in the right position which is behind the striker so as a 10. If berbatov has not been there we would have finally seen him shine. Instead he was played on the wings or worse as a CM. Lost confidence and lost the crowd. Now we have McCormack who plays in that position now that we have a target man. Yes they are very different players but I see them competing for a spot. Good luck Bryan. Rather have him here now than go for £2m and get some random journeyman come in on the free or for up to 500k. Would love to see McCormack and Ruiz play as the front two and see how that works out.

My view. And even when he played No 10 he had walkatov at 9 which made his job damn near impossible.

supersimmo123

Ruiz with McCormack in front of him would be great. I saw McCormack playing on the shoulder of the last man about 4/5 times against Cardiff but nobody picked him out, I think Ruiz is good for that, as someone earlier mentioned Berba was fairly static.