more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting XI for Reading

Started by Khan You Dig It, September 01, 2014, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 02, 2014, 07:03:58 PM
Some lunatics on here saying drop Parker for the Reading game!

Silly talk!

His performance against Cardiff merits a place in the team alone.

Agreed, unfortunate not to score.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Silly talk!

we have better, so yes drop him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Julius Geezer

Lol, ask any player on the team whether Parker should be dropped!

GW02

Trouble with Parker is I believe that both Hyndmann and Hoogland have had better starts to the season and merit starting more on current form. I don't like Parker in a more advanced role, slows it down too much, and I do not see how to accommodate all 3 in the starting 11 without having 3 holding midfielders.

fulhamben

Quote from: Julius Geezer on September 02, 2014, 07:23:59 PM
Lol, ask any player on the team whether Parker should be dropped!
yes I'm sure david hyndman or the hoog would much rather he play instead of them

fulhamben

Quote from: GW02 on September 02, 2014, 08:15:32 PM
Trouble with Parker is I believe that both Hyndmann and Hoogland have had better starts to the season and merit starting more on current form. I don't like Parker in a more advanced role, slows it down too much, and I do not see how to accommodate all 3 in the starting 11 without having 3 holding midfielders.
and this is it. He is not the best player for any one position. And he is a proper Jonah, we win very few games with him in the team.

MrProphet

The talk of putting Ruiz in amazes me the hours of watching him in a Fulham shirt left me under no illusion that he just isn't good enough to play in England. He wants half an hour on the ball then no one to get physical with him.

Anyway rant over

Bettinelli
Voser Bodurov Burn Staf
           Hoogland
     Hyndman Parker
                David
     Mccormack Rodallega

Subs
kiraly
Hutchinson
LVC
Roberts
George Williams
Woodrow
smith

I likes the width that we had on Saturday but we need to get mccormack in to more dangerous positions and closer to another striker. Thought Rodders and mccormack showed signs of developing a good understanding against Millwall

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 02, 2014, 07:22:18 PM

Silly talk!

Its a funny old game. Even our captain divides opinion. For me he's the first man on the team sheet after bodurov and burn. Maybe we dont win much with him but we dont exactly win much without him either. (Please dont refer to brentford, we were gonna win that one regardless). I think every young.team needs a parker and he has to start
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FulhamStudent

Bettinelli

Hoogland Bodurov Burn Stafy

Parker

Hyndman                 Eisfeld

David

McCormack    Smith

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Silly talk!

Its a funny old game. Even our captain divides opinion. For me he's the first man on the team sheet after bodurov and burn. Maybe we dont win much with him but we dont exactly win much without him either. (Please dont refer to brentford, we were gonna win that one regardless). I think every young.team needs a parker and he has to start
what position would you play him?

f bloke

Interesting to see the debate re Parker. For me he is a major reason of our demise. I would go so far as saying that if we had got Huddlestone instead of Parker we would have not got relegated last season. He was dreadful last season. He did not have the discipline to play DCM nor did he have the spring in his legs to perform that role. We conceded so many long range goals last season due to him either being out of position or being too slow to close the space down.

As far as I am concerned, his return to the side at the end of last season put an end to our mini revival and effectively guaranteed our relegation. I would put him in the top 10 most damaging buys in the history of our club.

I was hoping that he would be better this season after a Magath pre season but  I think he has been equally awful.  He is on the ball a lot so gives the impression of being busy/effective, but on closer inspection his decision making is poor and his pass execution is worse.  His short range passing is often a yard or two off making it difficult for the recipient to control and his long range passing is just non existent. A disproportionate number of moves break down when he is on the ball, either due to his poor pass execution, his decision making or his delay on the ball and his fondness for ever decreasing circles. He is a major reason why we create so little and score so few.

Even if you think my view on his ability is wrong, a midfield of him, Hoogland, Hyndman and David is wrong - it is unbalanced since it is not nearly creative enough and relies way too much on David to make things happen.  Hoogland is a better DCM and Parker is not nearly creative enough to play further forward. On this basis, Hoogland and David are musts so to get a balanced midfield it is necessary to choose between Hyndman and Parker and for for me Hyndman is currently a far superior player. The fourth man should be one of a Ruiz, Eisfeld, Roberts or one of the Williams depending on the circumstances.

If Parker is a regular starter, I think we will have another serious relegation battle on our hands

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 02, 2014, 10:18:47 PM

Silly talk!

I would keep our starting 11 from cardiff and replace woodrow with smith. So whatever role parker played in that game seemed to suit the balance of the team. Hoogland as the holding midfielder, parker and hyndman in front of him and david in a free role behind m and s. I knownits very narrow and its made worse because staf and voser cant cross very well but theres not any wingers worthy of changing.that diamond system. Kaca is out on loan, roberts is better off the bench for now, both williams are squad players and not sure about chihi.

Eisfeld disrupts the balance because hes too similar to david. If ruiz can play then id put hyndman on the bench and drop david back a bit with ruiz in the hole.

Who would you play instead of parker?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 02, 2014, 11:44:51 PM

Silly talk!

I would keep our starting 11 from cardiff and replace woodrow with smith. So whatever role parker played in that game seemed to suit the balance of the team. Hoogland as the holding midfielder, parker and hyndman in front of him and david in a free role behind m and s. I knownits very narrow and its made worse because staf and voser cant cross very well but theres not any wingers worthy of changing.that diamond system. Kaca is out on loan, roberts is better off the bench for now, both williams are squad players and not sure about chihi.

Eisfeld disrupts the balance because hes too similar to david. If ruiz can play then id put hyndman on the bench and drop david back a bit with ruiz in the hole.

the hoog
                             hyndman                              ryan williams   
                                                    david   
                                 woodrow                  mccormack   
back 5 picks itself.

Arthur

Bettinelli

Voser     Bodurov       Burn      Stafylidis

Hoogland

David         Hyndman     Williams R.

Ruiz

McCormack

Let's see McCormack playing where he is most likely to do what we bought him to do - score goals. Ryan Williams was impressive enough in his two previous outings to deserve a further opportunity. Hoogland looks considerably better in midfield than he did at right-back. Ruiz may, as many believe, find the Championship too frenetic, but we surely have to try him out and see. Personally, I think that he would justify his place in the side. Parker was meant to be our midfield general, but Millwall apart, he has failed to dictate the play. We need better than he is offering and, in Hyndman and David, we have two players who can do so.

aaronmcguigan

Has Ruiz been training? Hes not in Costa Ricas squad for the copa centroamerica.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2014, 01:15:52 AM
                      Bettinelli

Voser     Bodurov       Burn      Stafylidis

Hoogland

David         Hyndman     Williams R.

Ruiz

McCormack

Let's see McCormack playing where he is most likely to do what we bought him to do - score goals. Ryan Williams was impressive enough in his two previous outings to deserve a further opportunity. Hoogland looks considerably better in midfield than he did at right-back. Ruiz may, as many believe, find the Championship too frenetic, but we surely have to try him out and see. Personally, I think that he would justify his place in the side. Parker was meant to be our midfield general, but Millwall apart, he has failed to dictate the play. We need better than he is offering and, in Hyndman and David, we have two players who can do so.

Even though I have ready posted a different team, this one has me drooling
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 03, 2014, 12:03:35 AM

Silly talk!

the hoog
                                                    david   
back 5 picks itself.

I never went derby so I can only judge williams on his wolves cameo and brentford. He was awful against wolves but there was a big improvement against the bees. Theres a talent there but im not.sure he gets football enough to make the most of it. Doesnt seem to have much end product, its not a bad shout to play him and persevere but for me hes not good enough to replace parker.

In an ideal world my front 6 would of been

Hoogland      parker

David                 Ruiz                   Kaca

Mcormack

but that cant happen now.

Fingers crossed what ever felix does we win! Who knows, maybe we might have a couple more quality players on loan by then

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 03, 2014, 08:37:13 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 03, 2014, 12:03:35 AM

Silly talk!

the hoog
                                                    david   
back 5 picks itself.

I never went derby so I can only judge williams on his wolves cameo and brentford. He was awful against wolves but there was a big improvement against the bees. Theres a talent there but im not.sure he gets football enough to make the most of it. Doesnt seem to have much end product, its not a bad shout to play him and persevere but for me hes not good enough to replace parker.

In an ideal world my front 6 would of been

Hoogland      parker

David                 Ruiz                   Kaca

Mcormack

but that cant happen now.

Fingers crossed what ever felix does we win! Who knows, maybe we might have a couple more quality players on loan by then

id even play George Williams down the left or put Hyndman there and put Roberts down the right before starting parker

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: MJs Statue on September 02, 2014, 12:48:41 AM
I'm not quite sure why people seem to question Parker's place in the side.  I think he's been terrific so far this season.  It's also great to have an experienced player next to a young player like Hyndman.  So many were calling for us to bring in an experienced CM yet you want to take Parker out of the team...  Don't get that.

My team:

Bettinelli

Voser  Bodurov  Burn  Staf

Hoogland

Parker    Hyndman

David                  McCormack

Smith

David and McCormack wouldn't be traditional wide players, but David would drift right, and McCormack left.

Yep I like this but would have Ruiz on the bench and give him half hour and see if he is committed to us or not. 

FPT

Stick with the diamond, dominate the midfield, and add the width with Williams or Roberts in the second half.

-----------------Bettinelli------------------
Voser-----Bodurov-------Burn-------Stafylidis
------------------Hoogland-----------------
------------Parker-------Hyndman-----------
-------------------David--------------------
-----------Rodallega------McCormack--------

Subs: Kiraly, Hutchinson, Christensen, Eisfeld, Roberts, Williams, Smith.