watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugo Amo and Brian staying

Started by The Old Count, September 02, 2014, 07:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Will they get played or will we hang on and try to sell them in January?  If they are showing it in training they should play.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

res

Quote from: The Old Count on September 02, 2014, 07:49:47 AM
Will they get played or will we hang on and try to sell them in January?  If they are showing it in training they should play.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I thought Hugo has had his contract terminated. Amo and Ruiz should now realise that their lofty ambitions are not matched by other clubs' willingness to meet those ambitions for the time being...and Felix should recognise that they can contribute to us moving up the table...which we will

westcliff white

some windows are still open I think. I agree if they are staying that Bryan should play, Amorebieta not sure he should play over Burn or Bouderov but he would be there or thereabouts, as for Hugo he should not start or take a  youngsters place on the bench. Only stayed as none of the 3 clubs that were interested would pay his salary, it was rumoured we we prepared to release him from his contract so he could go and he still priced himself out of the market.

Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Very strange. Ruiz has to play, the other two on the bench. It strengthens our squad though. Only really need a winger and a midfielder now on loan. Its gotta be a good thing that only staf is loaned in so far, the rest are our players.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

leonffc

If the loan window is still open does that mean we can loan these players out to some of our relegation rivals (and pay half their salary obviously)?

RaySmith

I'm  unconvinced that any of them would offer anything better than what we've got.

Would Ruiz be better than David or Elsfield? -but you would think there is a role for him in the squad.

Is Amore better than Bod, Burn, Hutchison? -maybe there is a role for him.

Is Hugo, who some say has his contact terminated better than our current strikers, now including Smith?

I always think of how Ruiz was when he played regularly for us, but after his brilliant WC perhaps he would do much better -but I'm not sure he would have the transformational effect that people expect.

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions, but there is no reason now not to involve them -and they should be involved.

The Old Count

The 'Players' page on the ofal has been updated since yesterday and shows their smiling fisogs beaming out at us, including Hugo.

I hope they are determined to show what they can do and end up contributing to our steady climb up the table.

Blanco

Shame Ruiz is still with us. Seems like he'll have to sit around and hope an offer comes in January. He doesn't seem to be in Magaths plans thankfully. If he were to play that would man dropping David and that is a mistake. David is better for us than Ruiz. Shows that his half decent performancr at the world cup wasn't enough to attract a single club.

westcliff white

Ruiz still in the old kit, shows how much both the club and player thought he would still be with us, before anyone says he was away for the world cup, some of the other players like Fazlic who came after he was back have a pic in the new kit.

Every day is a Fulham day

Blanco

Rodallega tweeted at midnight that he was thankfull for all the interest from other clubs but that he's decided to stay at FFC. The contract termination rumours obviously aren't true. I read he had interest from Valencia & Levante. Not sure why he's stayed with us. He's not getting any minutes. Money perhaps.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Blanco on September 02, 2014, 08:24:03 AM
Shame Ruiz is still with us. Seems like he'll have to sit around and hope an offer comes in January. He doesn't seem to be in Magaths plans thankfully. If he were to play that would man dropping David and that is a mistake. David is better for us than Ruiz. Shows that his half decent performancr at the world cup wasn't enough to attract a single club.
With the treatment David is receiving from opponents and the poor protection from refs I can see david missing a considerable amount of games due to injury, Ruiz is a great replacement, few clubs could lose a player like David and have another even better player to come in as replacement, maybe Man city or Chelski

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: RaySmith on September 02, 2014, 08:21:57 AM
I'm  unconvinced that any of them would offer anything better than what we've got.

Would Ruiz be better than David or Elsfield? -but you would think there is a role for him in the squad.

Is Amore better than Bod, Burn, Hutchison? -maybe there is a role for him.

Is Hugo, who some say has his contact terminated better than our current strikers, now including Smith?

I always think of how Ruiz was when he played regularly for us, but after his brilliant WC perhaps he would do much better -but I'm not sure he would have the transformational effect that people expect.

I'm glad I don't have to make these decisions.

I think amorebieta is better than hutchinson but hutch plays on the right.doesnt he? In that case amore as back up to burn on the left is a big improvement on burgess who isnt ready.

Ruiz or david? Tough one, id find a way of playing them both. Ruiz at the top of a diamond and david on the left perhaps? David did that against brentford and cardiff anyway.

Ruiz or eisfeld????? Is that a serious question? You might as well ask ruiz or fotheringham as well. Eisfeld has shown very little to suggest hes gokd enough and if I was manager he'd be dropped from the squad straight away for ruiz. Eisfeld needs to up his game big time.  Im not a lover of ruiz but theres talent there if the team is set up the right way. Jol and berbatov stopped him from flourishing for us and hopefully felix uses him properly.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

TonyGilroy

We've never seen Ruiz play with young, energetic teammates.

He could be sensational particularly as he now needs to prove himself.

epsomraver

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 02, 2014, 08:52:00 AM
Quote from: Blanco on September 02, 2014, 08:24:03 AM
With the treatment David is receiving from opponents and the poor protection from refs I can see david missing a considerable amount of games due to injury, Ruiz is a great replacement, few clubs could lose a player like David and have another even better player to come in as replacement, maybe Man city or Chelski

Ruiz does not like the physical game, that was obvious in the prem, it will be much worse in this division as we have already seen

TonyGilroy

I've never thought that to be true but we'll find out soon enough what he's like at this level.

May be more rugged defenders but they're less skillful and in theory at least referees are supposed to provide some protection.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Blanco on September 02, 2014, 08:37:17 AM
Rodallega tweeted at midnight that he was thankfull for all the interest from other clubs but that he's decided to stay at FFC. The contract termination rumours obviously aren't true. I read he had interest from Valencia & Levante. Not sure why he's stayed with us. He's not getting any minutes. Money perhaps.

100 percent down to money. Hes got a nice easy life here, living in london and earning a fortune. Not working too hard for it.

I wouldnt take a pay cut either just to kick a ball a few more times at levante. Fulham only have themselves to blame for being tight looking for free transfers when they signed him. His wages are ridiculous for his talent

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 02, 2014, 08:57:02 AM
We've never seen Ruiz play with young, energetic teammates.

He could be sensational particularly as he now needs to prove himself.

Good point. I'd certainly like to see him given games now, he HAS to put himself in the shop window so he has to perform. And if he doesn't then drop him!
*this is not to say I want Ruiz to start instead of David.

Beamer

Given the number of games we have to play and the more physical nature of this division we certainly need cover for all positions as we are sure to pick up injuries along the way. Hopefully Ruiz, Amo and Hugo will not be frozen out by FM and given the chance to show what they are capable of as and when required. They must realise that sitting on their backsides and taking the money will not enhance their long-term prospects. Either that or they will all be loaned out somewhere as 'emergency' loans.
This whole loan fiasco really needs sorting out it is a joke.

filham

I suppose there is still the possibility of short term loan deals for these three unwanted players with a view to moves in January. Tough on Fulham that the club have to pay their inflated wages if all we are going to do is give them access to our training facilities.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: filham on September 02, 2014, 09:47:54 AM
I suppose there is still the possibility of short term loan deals for these three

Only to clubs at our level or below.